Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imgonnagetcha

What is your Favorite doom monster?

My fave doom creatures would have to be the cyberdemon or the Cacodemon. they both spent long years in the past scaring me crapless when i used to play doom when I was 5.

Take a guess!

<----------------------

[EDIT: This post will look pretty silly when I change my avatar to a Christmas tree.]

...points to his own avatar...

This is probably my favorite, although it isn't a Doom monster.

Imps!

(though I like arch-viles too).

My least favourite is probably the revenant. Nothing wrong with it's attack or anything, but I can't stand it's active sound. Especially in levels with tons of them.

Imps for the shotgunning, revenants for the dodging, cacodemons for their smile and archviles for the general challenge. I don't think I can pick just one favorite...

Grazza said:

[EDIT: This post will look pretty silly when I change my avatar to a Christmas tree.]

I always thought the Hexen Christmas trees were especially terrifying.

:-)

Arch Vile. No doubt about it.

It frightening in a much more subtle way than the brutish Cyberdemon, is extremely fast, can resurrect anything short of a Cyberdemon, Spiderdemon or other ArchViles (though i've found a way to change what can/can't be resurrected via DED files recently, tee-hee), and casts a deadly long-range hellfire attack.

Looks like a bald, naked Marilyn Manson to boot. You know, from the inset of 'Holy Wood'.

Arch-Vile because they make neat sounds and move fast and revive things. I don't particularly like to fight them though.

By the way, to make Cyberdemons/Spidermasterminds/Arch-Viles resurrectable all you have to do is give them a respawn frame in DeHacked. I made a Cyberdemon revivable for no reason in particular the other day just to see if it works.

...or with Doomsday, edit the objects.ded and define the resurrection frames. Lovely. Doomsday is supposed to be Dehacked-friendly, but i've always had problems with it.

In the mean time, someone please steer this back onto the topic. My bad, i know.

Well, apart from myself:
Favorite conceptual monster: Cyberdemon - that thing just looks so fucking awesome, not to mention sounds awesome.

Favorite enemy to kill: Imp, usually groups of 'em and preferably with either one of the two shotguns or with the berserker fist attack (it's great to watch/listen to them go *splatt*).

if (findstring(post.subject, "favorite") &&
findstring(post.subject, "monster"))
{
        reply = monsternames[rand() % num_monsternames];
}

Baron of Hell, no doubt about it. Big, hard-muscled badass who's especially terrifying in close quarters.

DooMBoy said:

Baron of Hell, no doubt about it. Big, hard-muscled badass who's especially terrifying in close quarters.

Seriously? Even in close quarters, those things are piss easy to kill. DBS, shoot, strafe, shoot, repeat til it falls apart and makes a funny croaky-warbly-sound.

Well I've been liking them all the past few weeks, but I think I've chosen the Arachnotron. They're just so fun to duel with.

I like the Arachnotron's death sound. It is ever so satisfying to hear that when I'm blasting them with the super shotgun, especially up close.

Enjay said:

I always thought the Hexen Christmas trees were especially terrifying.

What, there's Xmas Hexen as well? I've only ever seen an Xmas Heretic and several Xmas Dooms.

Whatever I can find. I don't have favourites. I hate em all. That's why I shoot em. But then I shoot everything ….. walls, slime, doors, wombats, guns, stupid people.

This is the Hexen "Xmas" tree. It's not really a Christmas tree, but it sort of looks like one. I'm sure you've run across them all over the place in Hexen.

Spike said:

Seriously? Even in close quarters, those things are piss easy to kill. DBS, shoot, strafe, shoot, repeat til it falls apart and makes a funny croaky-warbly-sound.

That may be true in Doom2, but in Doom1 (some PWADs) I've played, they are quite hard to kill, especially when you've only got a shotgun and nine shells between you and oblivion, and you're stuck in a narrow corridor and they're bearing down on you. That, my friend, is terrifying.