map 6 tyson 13:00 (old 24:12)

map 10 tyson 7:26 (old 17:01)

map 19 tyson 7:49 (old 13:57)

map 22 tyson 14:44 (old 32:38)

map 24 tyson 2:24 (old 8:28)

map 29 -fast 6:29 (old 6:31)

1024clau_j4.zip

Icarus by TeamTNT

Map14 (Fortress of Evil by Robin Patenall)

UV Speed/Pacifist in 1:11

Old time: 1:13 (2006)

Didn't spend long on this, which is probably fairly obvious. "one of my more overlooked demos (trick/route not used in two later movie runs)."

ic14p111.zip

Build by Tyler "picklehammer" Pantella

Nightmare! Pacifist in 0:15!!

Old time: 1:04 (in 2004, with Boom)

Wow. I can't believe this happened. Probably my luckiest demo ever. Really. See the txt and watch with the walkcam.

builnp15.zip

Nukemine Episode 1 UV-Speed in 5:23 (66 second improvement)

nukemineall-523.zip

I believe I saved time on all but one level, the biggest one being map 3 because of an accidental 30 second lock in skip, which I wasn't prepared for so I freaked out big time.

STRAIN by The Alpha Dog Alliance

Map21 (Maintenance), UV Speed/Pacifist in 0:04

(Old time: 0:06 - well, this was my Stroller from 2005, but it was also the current Speed and Pacifist record, so I think this counts!) Getting it below 5 seconds took some effort. This is 0:04.97.

st21p004.zip

SKULKEEP by Marcus Malden

UV Pacifist in 1:06

(Old time: 1:22, from 2004) No route changes, but a little less cowardice.

skulp106.zip

Thy Family Consumed by Eeva Marin

Nightmare! Pacifist in 0:33

(Old time: 0:35 from 2011) Nothing special. I checked for impse glides, but no dice.

tfc2np33.zip

13 hours ago, Cyberdemon531 said:

Are you passing demos recorded last year for this competition? If so, I don't think it's fair. I have myself a few demos which are faster than the DSDA records but I'm going to re-record them if I want points, not just write a .txt.

EDIT. Mistake, please read the posts below

Edited by vdgg

M2ALL Episode 2 UV-Speed in 7:58 (48 second improvement)

m2all-758.zip

Plenty of time left to save, but the strats required for that just seem like they would be horrible.

6 hours ago, vdgg said:

Are you passing demos recorded last year for this competition? If so, I don't think it's fair. I have myself a few demos which are faster than the DSDA records but I'm going to re-record them if I want points, not just write a .txt.

Are they all old? The post asked for 2 points although there are 5 posted in that thread, so I assumed 2 of them are new.

No, it's me checking one particular demo and its date stamp (which is easy to change anyway). Didn't pay attention to the numbers. Sorry, my bad! Though this way of posting entries is not the most obvious in the world.

It would be nice if you noted which demos, and how much the improvement was, as per the rules, cyber :^)

The rules also asked for the relevant demos to be posted to this thread, which would help keep things much clearer for everyone and save kraflab in particular some effort. Obviously any demo posted here (or any "Beat ...Month") would belong equally well in some other forum thread.

STRAIN by The Alpha Dog Alliance

Map20 UV Speed in 0:24

(Old time: 0:58 from 2005; well, this was a UV Pacifist/Speed, but still the Speed record, and it was arguable whether it was truly Pacifist in any case) Using the same route idea as in vdgg's episode run and in my nomo. I tried for a while to get this to work with archie splash damage (and thus a true and unarguable Pacifist), but no luck. It is yet to be established whether that might work at all.

st20-024.zip

A couple of more recent demos beaten:

Aboo4 by Bob Reganess

Map01 Nightmare! Speed/Pacifist in 0:24

(Old time: 0:26 from 2018) I noticed a route cock-up soon after recording that one, and use the improvement here.

ab41n024.zip

Base32 by Caleb "Radromity" Sizemore

UV Pacifist/Speed in 0:17

(Old time: 0:22 from 2012) Same map-smashing error exploit, but more effort put in to dodge demons. I suppose that back in 2012 I naively assumed the author would soon be uploading a fix and thus leave any demos orphaned.

bas3p017.zip

JCM1 Episode 1 UV-Speed in 14:13 (61 second improvement)

jcm1e1-1413.zip

It seems like I typo'd my old runs demo filename as 15:13 when the time was actually 15:14, because the demo said 13 I ended up writing 13 everywhere else too.

And the sequel:

JCM2-16 Episode 2 UV-Speed in 7:14 (55 second improvement)

jcm2e2-714.zip

Spoiler

lol i just read the above exchange, ill try to be more specific, but I am counting correctly! 2 solo-net maxes are improvements, the 2 solo-net tysons are new. 

Edited by Cyberdemon531