Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zacko238

Hey, can someone tell that words The Jaws Of Defeat is saying backwords?

The Doom Wiki says:

The Freedoom equivalent of the DSBOSSIT sound is a reversed and pitch-shifted recording of Freedoom contributor Fredrik Johansson saying "My name is Fredrik Johansson. I come from Sweden".

This is true for older versions but the sound seems to have been replaced in newer versions. I tried to reverse it and change the pitch, but it's still a bit warped and I'm not a good enough sound editor to do any better than this.

All I can make out is something like ""You should ___, ____ onwards, the reckoning." Then again I could be totally wrong.

15 hours ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

The Doom Wiki says:

This is true for older versions but the sound seems to have been replaced in newer versions. I tried to reverse it and change the pitch, but it's still a bit warped and I'm not a good enough sound editor to do any better than this.

All I can make out is something like ""You should ___, ____ onwards, the reckoning." Then again I could be totally wrong.

Very interesting, thx for your thoughts. :D

On 11/26/2018 at 8:08 PM, TheMightyHeracross said:

Sounds like "You should read, ____ onwards, the reckoning". Unfortunately, that's the only word I can make out, can't understand the rest. What version is this in anyways? I still hear Fredrik's message in 0.11.3 which seems to be the latest.

When I learned about the jaws of defeats speech, I remember hearing it say "Love leaves oh yon yo, und shoo, and yes, and Yan yo"

I think that was Fredrik's message spelled in reverse

How about "You should read 'Wash your Animals' - The Reckoning"? - Heh. Frustrating.

"You should read" "Watch your N words" "The Reckoning" ?

I feel it's telling you to be good cos the reckoning is coming.

Edited by Ferk

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, TheMightyHeracross said:

The Doom Wiki says:

Can I ask you two things on that? Anyone else can ask me on this but one, what version might have changed the sound to the current one? (since all available old builds do not use a different one)
And two, do you have (if anyone does as well too I guess) the original sound file for the boss encounter sound? I might try to decrypt it myself for the sake of everyone being confused over the 2nd part of a dead easter egg.

1 hour ago, Starman the Blaziken said:

what version might have changed the sound to the current one? (since all available old builds do not use a different one)

This seems to be the pull request on Github that added it: https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/pull/463

I left a comment asking about it.

1 hour ago, Starman the Blaziken said:

do you have (if anyone does as well too I guess) the original sound file for the boss encounter sound?

If by original you mean the distorted version that's being used, you can download it from here:

https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/blob/f49c6070de8646a188f5b2e61ddfc7e1982b55df/sounds/dsbossit.wav

If you meant the actual original recording... I think it's pretty obvious nobody that has answered in this thread has it.

Edited by Ferk

11 hours ago, Ferk said:

This seems to be the pull request on Github that added it: https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/pull/463

If by original you mean the distorted version that's being used, you can download it from here:

https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/blob/f49c6070de8646a188f5b2e61ddfc7e1982b55df/sounds/dsbossit.wav

If you meant the actual original recording... I think it's pretty obvious nobody that has answered in this thread has it.

I mean the original as in the one before it was changed to what is used today, that is what I am talking about by the "Dead easter egg"
Well dead as in no longer talked about...

Edited by Starman the Blaziken

If you mean the original recording of the current sound before it was reversed and edited, like I mentioned before, I think he obviously doesn't have it, otherwise why would have he tried to reconstruct it from the current sound?

If anyone has the original is Elon Satoshi.. but since he made the recording you might as well just ask what's the actual sentence he used. Which is what I did in the PR.

29 minutes ago, Ferk said:

If you mean the original recording of the current sound before it was reversed and edited, like I mentioned before, I think he obviously doesn't have it, otherwise why would have he tried to reconstruct it from the current sound?

If anyone has the original is Elon Satoshi.. but since he made the recording you might as well just ask what's the actual sentence he used. Which is what I did in the PR.

Eh, nevermind, I goofed and thought that the one that has been used for so long was the one used in the test builds but I was wrong on that. >.>

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:53 AM, Ferk said:

I checked the GitHub comment section, and it seems that they never answered yet, who knows if they even know their is a comment there...