Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

I have a two PCs: new and old. In first PC I play:

1) Undertale 
2) Stardew Valley 
3) Terraria 
4) Dust: An Elysian Tail 
5) Shadowrun: Dragonfall 

In old PC I play
1) Дальнобойщики-2 (King of the Road)
2) Fallout 
3) Diablo:Hellfire 
4) Hotel Giant 
5) Age Of Empires II: The Conquerors

Started playing Bloodstained, ritual of the night and it's amazing. Pretty much the Castlevania game everyone's wanted for years.

Black Mesa, one of the few remasters I feel is worth the money, the Xen preview is amazing.
I think it's a good evolution, I know some may be against such an extreme change, but even on my first playthrough of Half-Life, I thought Xen was tedious, a far cry from the rest of the game.
I'm glad the BMRF sections are more or less the same, but I'm grateful for the revamped Xen, now if CC would just release the rest of it.

I'm UV-maxing TNT: Evilution when I'm alone, and playing Kirby's Dream Course for SNES when I'm with my girlfriend.

I've started playing NFS Most Wanted 2005 again and it makes me sad. Remember when EA made games? I'm having so much fun souping up my smick turbo-nutter-spec Golf GTi and smoking the cops with it that it just makes me lament the most recent entries even more.

Also recently picked up the original SiN on GOG. Actually hadn't played it before and, my word, is it a bitch to get running on modern hardware. Having a blast with it all the same.

1 hour ago, scalliano said:

Remember when EA made games?

A time when hearing "EA games" blast through the speakers meant you were going to play something good, NFS was the best, loved Hot Pursuit 2.

Playing Hexen: Beyond Heretic for the first time in ages, I am actually really enjoying this game again surprisingly.

Edited by Avoozl

I'm wiping the floor with about 90% of the people playing Samurai Shodown 5 Special right now. I need better challengers. 

Apologies for the braggadocio. 

Started playing Rage 2. I never played the first. The gunplay is great fun, the ocd looting mechanics are exhausting, the driving is boring, the characters and dialogue are the first I ever skipped in a game, ever! They are so dry and boring. I literally have no care for the story whatsoever.

There are plenty of upgrade options but a bit confusing to learn at first (ui). I'm eager to learn new abilities and don't mind some grinding if I'm aptly rewarded. I do quite enjoy the combat.

Edited by Chezza

I'm playing a quite obscure Resident Evil game : "Resident Evil : Gaiden" on gameboy color. For some reasons , I find this version creepier than most RE games released on games. The soundtrack sound weird but I like it.

Training for the big Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition tournament happening on Fightcade. PM me in case you're interested.

hnYS0S.gif

On 7/8/2019 at 9:13 PM, V0idH0und said:

Hide contents

The soldiers jump you and throw you in the trash compactor. I got out but couldn't figure out where to go when I got to all the conveyor belt things.

Spoiler

(If you haven't yet given up on the game) Go in the opposite direction of the conveyor belt after the crushers section, it will lead you to another conveyor belt that's facing a trip mine, save there and shoot the first mine or jump above them and keep following the conveyor belts from there on, they'll lead you to the next chapter.

• Replaying Prey (2017)
  • Playing some hl vault and comp maps
  • Gmod TTT

Vermintide 2, I really hate how little content these newer game provide with very few maps but in this case there's a replay value since it's a online coop game and because of the different items and weapons. It's a power fatasy, much like doom but with better gore than the 2016 game and HORDES of enemies, set in a the warhammer universe before the endtime or something (I don't know anything about the warhammer universe).

Edited by ([zen3001])

So I recently went "fuck it" and fired up my 360 again. As a result I'm currently playing through NFS Most Wanted (the original) for the first time since I originally played it on my old Radeon X600 at release. I hate to say it, but that game is still awesome. The cop chases are as tense as they were back in the day and the cheesy acting has only got more endearing with age. I look at this and then look at Payback and I'm like, damn, EA used to be CLASS.

I'm just about to start #2 on the Blacklist and I'm looking forward to firing up the mission pack Carbon.

I'm playing the Sega arcade classic I'm Sorry, which is about Japan's corrupt Prime Minister, Kakuei Tanaka avoiding various celebrities in mazes while collecting bars of gold. It's funny, and very well designed. All fans of Pacman should seek it out.

Been playing a lot of Blood and user made mods lately. Really wish there were some better mapping tools out there, it seems like mapedit is the only option and that's the same dos program the developers built the game with back in 96. Gave it a try some time ago and it seemed awfully archaic.

I've been playing Stars in Shadow recently. It's a nice little Master of Orion clone, available on GOG and Steam. You can tell it's heavily WIP, the UI is sometimes a little rough around the edges, there's no espionage sub-system yet, the AI has diplomacy options that you don't have, etc. but it's a great turn-based space civ game. No fixed starlanes! No real-time tactical combat!

Simple MoO1-style planet management instead of the Civilization/MoO2-style: instead of splitting the population into various kinds of jobs (farmers, workers, scientists, traders, whatever) you have a number of building slots on the planet (the bigger the planet's maximum population, the more slots availables) where you can build five different types of buildings, for increasing the planet's production, money, metals, food, and research output. You don't have to deal with having to upgrade the buildings as you unlock technologies, that's all abstracted away, new techs just make your buildings more efficient. An increased population also makes them more efficient as they can be fully staffed, but again you don't have to worry about it, it's safely abstracted. You don't have to deal with things like dragging a million farmers to the labs to speed up research or whatever, and increasing your population will improve all buildings regardless of what they do. It's both simpler and actually more realistic.

The game encourages you to have a cosmopolitan empire, integrating various alien species on your planets. This is because each planet has various biomes, and each species is more suited for some biomes than for others. If you have an Earth-like "garden" planet, with a human population, well you can increase its population by putting in a bunch of seahorse aliens that will settle on the reefs the upper layers of the ocean. They do not live on solid ground, so your planet's max population will increase quite a bit, and increased population means more buildings and a more efficient planet overall. Then you can add the deep sea rolly polly aliens that live around the volcanic vents at the bottom of the oceans, where neither your human population nor your seahorse population live. There you go, you increase the max population again! You can find aliens who live on barren, airless planets; or aliens who thrive in the toxic atmosphere of the Venus-like planets; or aliens who love the sub-arctic cold, etc. If you have the right aliens at your disposal, even the worst planet can become a prosperous, productive world in your empire. Inversely, the wrong aliens can make a paradise world utterly useless.

I'm also replaying some Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars at the same time, which is also available on GOG and Steam, because its (indispensable, mandatory, don't even think of trying the game without) unofficial patch was updated recently. CTS has a much sleeker presentation, giving it a cinematic feel with its many movies, its cast of prestigious voice actors and actresses, its orchestral music, and so on; but SIS is just a much better game than CTS underneath: the early game is faster so you waste less time just waiting for progression bars to fill up while nothing happens, the turn-based combat makes tactical combat between large fleet fun instead of a nightmare, the game mechanics are overall just better thought out, and the various factions play a lot more differently.

I finished 3rd in a Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition tournament on Fightcade earlier today. Obviously not the end result I was looking for, but I'm happy with my performance and the commentator thought I was pretty good. "Ajora is a fucking beast." I wish the stream showed my matches against supergood as I got two consecutive perfect rounds against him. Omega Red wrecked me in the semi-finals. 

https://challonge.com/4lrbs3zr

Edited by Ajora

I was playing King Of Fighters, until my faulty arcade stick for the Nintendo Switch wasn't detecting anymore. Weaponlord and Tmnt tournaments for PC is having problems detecting this arcade stick. I can't really afford to raise the price to give away 200 dollars for a last long arcade stick anymore. Also, new generation fighters for me is false hope to like and there's no tomorrow for old school fighters, so I might as well permanently call it quits. Everything is just dumb down for new comers from this genre, because people don't want to put in the work for a more unforgiving learning curve and execution barrier.

Going to another genre is best.

Edited by Lygophilia

30 minutes ago, Pegg said:

Did you see the new Samurai Shodown? @Lygophilia

Yes. I liked the series, but anything after sprite based fighters, I did not like. Sources said it was coming this winter on the Switch, but I don't know if I should take a gamble on it.

Plenty of Hexen, and finished a couple of wads in the meantime.

Man I love this game, and I'm still having much, much more fun with it than I've ever had with Heretic. Chances are, after I eventually get to Faithless I'm going to bury Heretic since that's a game I simply can't bring myself to truly enjoy, despite my efforts and the various wads I've played for it.

53 minutes ago, Lygophilia said:

Yes. I liked the series, but anything after sprite based fighters, I did not like. Sources said it was coming this winter on the Switch, but I don't know if I should take a gamble on it.

It is getting a lot of good reviews and already released :P. It actually looks better than the 2 entries before it.

Doom64 via Doom64 ex (works perfectly), various wads for UDoom and Doom II (always UV), The Elder Scrolls: Arena. Sometimes Solitaire bundled with XP (always draw three). Thinking to replay Chrono Trigger (SNES version) someday.

DOOM3.

I had the xbox version way back when but never beat it (i blame the orange box).  Repurchased with the 360 but it didnt have co-op.  Now again I got it on the 360...

just realized the revenant in this trailer is a lot faster moving than in the final release.  dang!