Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

MWCM

So...my oh my... what we have got here...!
I finished this megawad last night, and there is a saying "never judge a book by its cover" and in this case, never judge a WAD by its first levels.
At first i was afraid i was terrified, when i saw the first levels here by my side....but then...then...there is something... that pulls you in. I cant explain. I had to keep going...until the end.

Huh okay! I'll admit I wasn't sure what you (or anyone) would think of this. It's been a while since i made it and it's not the best mapset out there. I'm glad you enjoyed your time haha! I lost it at your reaction to the little horde in the third map. "oh"

it was interesting to see you get more invested the longer you played just through your playstyle evolving. Starting out relatively detached and mechanical but slowly getting more reactive, "into it" ...and ofc quicksaving more often. You made short work of some of the more esoteric puzzles. Nice playthrough!

If you liked what I did here, I dont have anything to release (i am developing something just not something that's at a state where i can release it), but there's another map I really like that is similar in some ways, named "shpo1.wad" which I can't recommend enough if you're looking for abstract-core doom maps.

48 minutes ago, EtherBot said:

Huh okay! I'll admit I wasn't sure what you (or anyone) would think of this. It's been a while since i made it and it's not the best mapset out there. I'm glad you enjoyed your time haha! I lost it at your reaction to the little horde in the third map. "oh"

it was interesting to see you get more invested the longer you played just through your playstyle evolving. Starting out relatively detached and mechanical but slowly getting more reactive, "into it" ...and ofc quicksaving more often. You made short work of some of the more esoteric puzzles. Nice playthrough!

If you liked what I did here, I dont have anything to release (i am developing something just not something that's at a state where i can release it), but there's another map I really like that is similar in some ways, named "shpo1.wad" which I can't recommend enough if you're looking for abstract-core doom maps.

The objective of this...is for you guys that make maps...see someone playing them...and to others to see them as well. You are a very interesting mapper man....you did that megawad...with a story, sure the design is akward, but i look at this work and i think...wow this guy can do alot of things...and you know you can...do it, take your time...believe in yourself. I would like to see more that´s for sure.

1 hour ago, EtherBot said:

Wow Stanley (I think I can call you Stanley ;) ),

this was really an unexpected adventure so far. I just got killed for the first time in "Behind the scenes". Surely visually you could add a lot to this set, but just from the fun-value it's much better than most of the megawads out there. I´m also a friend of breaking the fourth wall and I really like your humor. :)

1 hour ago, EtherBot said:

Also in my to play folder now. :)

19 minutes ago, theDia said:

this was really an unexpected adventure so far. I just got killed for the first time in "Behind the scenes". Surely visually you could add a lot to this set, but just from the fun-value it's much better than most of the megawads out there. I´m also a friend of breaking the fourth wall and I really like your humor. :)

thanks so much for playing! I'd love to hear your thoughts when/if you finish. The humor in that wad is very underdeveloped imo but I'm still really fond of the fourth map's (the one with all the rooms you open) final sign reading "wait this isn't a bathroom." I just really like the set up to that one with all the monsters ahead of it in that room and how its the last room in the level, that previous sign mentioning a bathroom is the last thing on the players mind at that point, so its sort of a funny surprise, at least i think so. 

Golden City

By @theDia

Download here

So, in fact i enjoyed this two maps. At first i had some dificulties to play, but with the help of mapper i have done.

Well designed, the first map is, maybe i can say complex, and "chores" you have to do are enough so you can finish it, taking (in my opinion) too much of your time.

There are traps that makes you jump, monsters so you can take care of and clever animated switches. At the end of the map, i got a little frustrated, because of one more of the "chores" that had to be done.

Then...comes the second map, and man what a breath of air, more simplier, with a fast pace inputed, yes i got more excited with it!

I hope to see the final presentation...in did, this a great work...but i think it can be more polished....from the start.

Final remarks:

- Clever maps, innovative.

- The music its a no no for me...

- After taking the BFG, map1 presented some glitches on texture.

- 1st map looks way to long...wayyyyy tooo looong..

- The Cyberdeamon in the second map...it was inefective.

- There is a lot of work here...well done! I hope for more!

Ok, i started to record the videos with voice. I hope to get better...sorry if annoys you...but i had to start from somewhere.

-----//-----

Dimensional Lake 

By @Rince-wind

Download here

So, its a map with a bigginning. middle and i supose and end. The mapper said that there were some issues and i should do "noclip" if necessary.

Well, at the end of the map i did not had enough resources to end it. Incomplete.

Incomplete because it felt unfinished above all.

Final remarks:

- I challenge you @Rince-wind, i challenge you so you pick this map again and finish it.

- Take your time...

- Provide more ammo and health to the player.

- Come on...i challenge you!

-----//-----

Kill 'Em All 

by @cambreaKer

Download here

So, about this one, i think is a good map, but its missing some things: Textures choices, alignments and probably a little more of monster placement.

Final remarks:

- All enough said in the phrase above. 

- A cool touch in details (bathroom, fridge..) a medium contrast with textures choices and alignments.

. Making a map takes time....take your time and try to perfect the small things. 

- Loved the end. 

- You know you can do better than this...im not saying its bad, im saying you can do better.

-----//-----

7 hours ago, Austinado said:

Golden City

By @theDia

Download here

So, in fact i enjoyed this two maps. At first i had some dificulties to play, but with the help of mapper i have done.

Well designed, the first map is, maybe i can say complex, and "chores" you have to do are enough so you can finish it, taking (in my opinion) too much of your time.

First of all - thanks for playing. This helps a lot with fine-tuning the maps - especially what now is Map01.

What will be changed:

1. Off course the three Stooges have to go. Not forever, but they will wander into an other Map. :)

2. The HOM in the red key area is a bigger error than it seems at first. This is residue from the early years of ZDoom when we joined any similiar sectors to make the maps more playable on older systems. So this whole sector is 16 units to high - normally you can move around freely in the whole area.

3. The steps before the "triangle room" have the same problem.

4. One of my best traps (a rocket-launching machine on the way to the red guard) didn't work. Will check this.

5. And off course I have to take a very close look depending the glitch you triggered. Never saw such a thing before, now it's important to see if it's repeatable in any way.

6. The music is only a placeholder so far. With playtimes from more that 30 minutes per map here surely will change a lot. :)

Another thing I discovered is that you spent a lot of time in the beginning running around aimlessly. I really don't know what to do there, because I already tried to give the player a lot of hints (all those windows) and spent a lot of time to make the different areas - well - different, but - at least in the beginning you totally ignored all those hints. Especially when it seemed you couldn't find the door in the red Guard area I almost bit into my table. 

You also made yourself life a lot harder because after checking the switches for the crusher you never really used it. Here at least I have an idea to make this more obviously in a preceding map so that when you finally arrive at this point you will know what to do. :)

Then...comes the second map, and man what a breath of air, more simplier, with a fast pace inputed, yes i got more excited with it!

I hope to see the final presentation...in did, this a great work...but i think it can be more polished....from the start.

Here you surprised me with directly entering one of the buildings without cleaning the outside area before. I never saw this approach before and - you made your life a lot harder due to this. :) But this is the problem with a completely non-linear "open world"-map at least when it reaches this level of complexity. You also missed out most of the secrets, most of them would also have given you an advantage over the legions of hell. :)

Final remarks:

As mentioned I will look into this. Strangely in all my playthroughs (and all of my testers) such things never happened. BTW the glitching starts even earlier, but after you grabbed the BFG it went totally out of control.

- 1st map looks way to long...wayyyyy tooo looong..

There will be changes. :)

- The Cyberdeamon in the second map...it was inefective.

Yup - I forgot to lower the pedestal in the nuke-river so the Cyber never was able to roam freely in the outside area. Will be changed.

- There is a lot of work here...well done! I hope for more!

Have no fear - Map three and four are already in the pipeline, but it will at least take a month for each of them to see the light of day. :) I'm probably not the fastest mapper in the universe (a fact my boss back in 1998 couldn't accept), because I strife for originality. Each of the adventures I give the player has to be different from what he has experienced before. :)

Ok, i started to record the videos with voice. I hope to get better...sorry if annoys you...but i had to start from somewhere.

-----//-----

The commentary was a lot of fun and you're voice is fitting. I especially liked your clear and almost accent-free english,because portugese - as german - has a tendency to color each foreign language one speaks. While I as a German tend to speak english with hard edges, retroromanian languages like spanish, portugese or italian have a tendency to "slur".

Keep on the great work, you're helping us mappers a lot. :)

BTW you always talked about the Maps if they where made by a team, but I'm still a single old Dia from Germany. :)

17 hours ago, Austinado said:

BTW I found - and corrected the error in between. The linedef for the forcefield keeping the Cyber in chains had the same tag as the "transfered lights" throughout the while level. I simply had typed 1 instead of 71 once. :)

My maps aren't for everybody.  I make maps that I would enjoy playing, and a lot of people enjoy them, too, but a lot of others don't.  For example, I hate running out of ammo, so I make sure that doesn't happen in my maps, resulting in complaints of "too much ammo".  If you want a challenge, try the Slaughter skill level that replaces Nightmare, and if that is still not enough monsters, enable multiplayer emulation to add the many multiplayer-only monsters (Type multiplayer in Zandronum's console, or I have heard that adding a bot does the trick in GZDoom. Either way, restart the map for it to take effect).

Hello @Austinado!

We at Proud Cipher Media Group have been hard at work on Fury's Sky, an action-flight game for GZDoom. Because it's so different compared to the WADs you usually play, feel free to decline but we would welcome and value your input and feedback.

Fury's Sky is actually an IWAD and does not require Doom or Doom 2! Just place it in the same directory as GZDoom and pick from the list when you start up.

Thank you!

-Eric

forgot to say. the wad is called "testing facilitate" i forgot to say that when i sent the link. oops!

On 7/7/2019 at 6:43 AM, Bushpig2dope said:

A 3 level WAD for Doom 1. These levels are finished by are a part of a bigger set to be developed. Would appreciate any feedback!

Mini Wad.rar

@Bushpig2dope

Im sorry man, im doing playtesting only to doom2 WADs.

RetributioN Trilogy

By @DooM_RO

Download here

So, about this one i feel "kinda" son of a bitch. Yeah, the mapper told me "Careful, the maps are very long."

And they are. 3 maps, i recorded 2 maps only.

I have this feeling (son a bitch), because in my perspective i didn´t finish any of them. 

The first map, i did not find the yellow door or yellow switch or yellow something. The second map when i saw 1000 and something monsters, i got to a phase in the map that i thought...no...i dont have the time for this...about the third map it does not so many monsters..but i could see it was a final fight against cyberdemons and some monsters around...

B U T           ACTUALLY

...this is a GEM.

Dont let the words i gave up there discourage you.

Oh no no no...the mapper have the audacity to write "My first WAD I released a while ago", and if that is true, let me tell you my friends, @DooM_RO has done a Masterpiece in his first attemp. Ill say Bravo...and Jizas Christ man!

The linedefs so perfect, the texturing with no flaws...i took this WAD at the end of the recording and said outloud.."YOU...you...ill keep you in my folder (TO PLAY IN THE FUTURE) and i will finish you! I WILL!"

This GEM is a kind of WAD that you save for a weekend...and the weekend is called: " Retribution Trilogy Weekend"...

Well done...very well done.

Final remarks:

- Amazing work...only God knows how long this mapper took to do this.

- The number of monsters to kill in each map is gonna scare you...if you´re a pussy and dont like Doom.

- "Sorry girlfriend...ill be very busy this weekend..."

- My apologies to @DooM_RO for not finishing no map...

- I dont dont know why you did not downloaded this WAD yet....its up there....

- A GEM.

- Im curious about the rest of your work.

- I did not recorded the third map because it would not be fair to you guys...you should play this. Recommende 110%.

-----//-----

Nukage Tech

By @xxWeNxx

Download Here

So, the mapper says its his 2nd WAD, and i must say, i wish my 2nd WAD was this solid. Effective.

Its not too big, but i had alot of fun. So much fun that at the end i loaded again from the previous quicksave and done it again.

Final remarks:

- I can only say, if this is your second WAD, you should think in making a megawad...nothing to enourmous. Give us a 10 map megawad...you have the skills...but that is my opinion. I had fun...i wanted more. Do give us more.

-----//-----

32 minutes ago, Austinado said:

RetributioN Trilogy

By @DooM_RO

Download here

"YOU...you...ill keep you in my folder (TO PLAY IN THE FUTURE) and i will finish you! I WILL!"

Well - seems like we think alike. :)

Vertigo

By @mangame5

Download Here

So, this a first map. Actually i did not saw that jump is with preference enable. I did it without jumping, and yeah you can do it, with no problem. Of course there is a need to study more - monster placement-  although there were a trap or so that caughtme, but a some point it was predictable about the monsters to appear...crossing deflines and a wall comes down. I do this kind of thing in my WADs for instance...and it reminds me a little of my style. 

For a first map its not bad...not bad at all...and you will see, the more you map...the more you get better. Its a process..a normal slow process. I can give you an advice that i did not took for myself. Take your time mapping. It takes time. For my 5th Wad im planning to take time i need...when i have time. Good job and keep going!

Final remarks:

- Congratulations for your first WAD, we have to start somewhere and you started well.

- You never give up, if you like mapping perfect yourself, play WAD´s, watch tutorials, absorve the advice from others!

- I have more commentaries in the video.

-----//-----

On 7/10/2019 at 5:51 AM, Spram said:

I made a Metroid wad.. or wads, you have to run two wads and a dehacked patch because I can't do simple things since I'm not normal.

HERE: https://www.moddb.com/downloads/sprams-metroid-doom

Here's the original post:

Nobody liked it so you might want to not play it. It's like Metroid in which you have to find power-ups to progress to new areas.

Im sorry man...i dont do mods. 

12 hours ago, ProudCipherMedia said:

Hello @Austinado!

We at Proud Cipher Media Group have been hard at work on Fury's Sky, an action-flight game for GZDoom. Because it's so different compared to the WADs you usually play, feel free to decline but we would welcome and value your input and feedback.

Fury's Sky is actually an IWAD and does not require Doom or Doom 2! Just place it in the same directory as GZDoom and pick from the list when you start up.

Thank you!

-Eric

Im sorry, only Doom2 Wads. Thanks anyways*

On 7/13/2019 at 6:46 PM, Empyre said:

My maps aren't for everybody.  I make maps that I would enjoy playing, and a lot of people enjoy them, too, but a lot of others don't.  For example, I hate running out of ammo, so I make sure that doesn't happen in my maps, resulting in complaints of "too much ammo".  If you want a challenge, try the Slaughter skill level that replaces Nightmare, and if that is still not enough monsters, enable multiplayer emulation to add the many multiplayer-only monsters (Type multiplayer in Zandronum's console, or I have heard that adding a bot does the trick in GZDoom. Either way, restart the map for it to take effect).

Im sorry, im not a fan of slaughter maps...i tryed a little of your maps. I respect your work, but unfortunly im not gonna do it. Hope your understand. Thanks anyways*

Thank you for playing my WAD, @Austinado I hope you will complete it but if not no worries, I know it's very long.

You wondered how long it took to make. I put a lot of effort into my WAD, so much that I'm embarrased to say how long it took me but it was my first WAD (and first ever mod for anything) and I was fooling around not having a clue what I was doing. It was only due to my stubborness that I managed to finish it. Was it worth the effort? Maybe, but I feel someone else could have done a better job considering the timeframe. 

You're doing GZDoom, right? Well, I keep handing Persephone out to threads like this. Feel free to pick one volume or the other if you've not got time for 20 maps of varying length.

On 7/15/2019 at 12:30 AM, Austinado said:

Vertigo

Thank you for checking it out! I'll apply what I gathered from all the feedback I have received so far on my next map.