Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brock

What kind of wads you guys enjoy

I like small-medium levels that emphasise flowing between areas without backtracking. Individual encounter design without slaughter or clusterfluck, with space to move around, and a respect for mid and high tier enemies, using them more sparingly. Anything that spams Revenants and Archies instantly gains my disapproval, as do maps that are heaving with enemies.

I don't mind classic concepts, but appreciate something that tries gimmicks and fresh ideas as well.

My favorite levels are ones that focus on free flowing combat and don't have hundred of monsters on a small or medium map. Another thing I noticed the more user levels I played, the more I tend to remember levels that are obviously supposed to represent a particular location. Either it be a research facility, ruined city, or ancient temple complex those are all more memorable to me than just wide open interconnected areas that seem to defy any form of logic.

Edited by Classicgamer6

Plutonia-like difficulty, bunch of traps, slaughterful (not the rocket-spamming, BFG-spamming type with arenas and such) and a balance of gameplay and atmosphere. I hate megawads that build up its difficulty too smoothly - forcing you to use pistol/shotgun only on the early maps and rarely throwing medium/high tier enemies until something like map07. Just throw the full arsenal at me at once while still building up your difficulty, that's how I prefer it - short build ups. I hate most slaughter levels like Alien Vendetta's very late maps. I prefer hordes being thrown at me at pieces.

So of course, my idea of ideal maps are the ones I make, for they feature the gameplay I'm most fond of.

My favorite is invasion but I do like wads that are not hard it depends on how old is the wad an wads that I enjoy are the wads from the skulltag times like most of the invasion stuff megawads from old to new an wads that are very obscure like hell's legacy and defiler but I like all kinds of wads but I really don't like the hard ones