Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

Honestly don't have all that much stuff I can stand to post without feeling inept and the only alright thing is this player sprite. I haven't finished the entire set either

PLYRA0.png

Anyone remember the old "rifle with mag that falls out" thing I posted last year? Well, not long ago, I went back and redid the sprites based on that Mike12 rifle we all know and love, since I've greatly improved in spriteworking. The little targeting screen even aims around now!

So, without further ado, I present... The Unreliable Rifle MK2!

[Also, the framerate on the gif is lower than it should be, everything moves a bit faster in-game.]

RifleNew.gif

Just finished the base pose of my first sprite. Need to fix the legs, but it's coming along. Now comes the tedious part of doing a walk cycle.

Maddy-Animation-large.gif

On 7/7/2019 at 2:12 AM, RomDump said:

Maddy-Animation-large.gif

Looks great! What you used to make this? 3d model?

5 hours ago, Do0t said:

Looks great! What you used to make this? 3d model?

I actually did it in Photoshop 4.0 using the hexen mage as reference (As that was the closest id sprite I could find who wore a dress). It's not the most high tech way to do things but it works. I really should make a 3D model at some point as it would save time. 

44 minutes ago, RomDump said:

I actually did it in Photoshop 4.0 using the hexen mage as reference (As that was the closest id sprite I could find who wore a dress). It's not the most high tech way to do things but it works. I really should make a 3D model at some point as it would save time. 

You did a great job. The rotations map so well to one another that I wondered the same thing as Do0t!

Here's a whole thing I did a few days ago: The Marauder edited from Baratus.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lG1WF0cM_q-sPFqZ76C5BF4PbGqAE_7s?usp=sharing

(sample sprite)

MARDA1.png.ac7e80cfe56d34b3faa7bbc299d4ea97.png

The SSG he's holding is the Doom 2 SSG with the regular shotgun's handle and the axe blade is a recolored axe blade from Heretic's Death Knight. I actually made a whole custom monster out of this, which is available in the linked folder.

Those look fantastic, especially the more stylized gnarly ones. How did you make those?

Oh, they are based on some 3D Models from Sketchfab with some pixel editing by me. The skull on that one tree is actually from a jewellry store who were selling this kind of skull as a pendant. xD

Love the 'cartoony' ones. I'm imagining Forest Nazis and Tree Imps hiding in the branches, shooting at you. Unfortunately, 'seite nicht gefunden' for the first two links.

1 hour ago, elend said:

Ooops, I fixed those links.

The trees are really nice! Many people have asked how to make outdoors areas come alive in Doom. When used tastefully, these can really spice up a level.

Just finished the Health pickups for my mod. The large one gives less health but also armor.

Fun fact: These are the FIRST made-from-scratch sprites I ever did.

MiniHealth.png.756185d3f3f53caa9fb8637cc5505e67.pngMiniArmor.png.bb624bcd14f5a76b2ed627f41fdd1b31.png

SmallHealth.png.f17bb960b6157b327c6869b9301b5fde.png

Aidkit.png.406f1abedc547f67d4a63b12088057c4.png

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:47 PM, Solmyr said:

Tried to make a cherub sprite sheet but couldn't finish it because i messed up proportions and perspective. 

OPQ7Od6.png 

Is that a zombieman mixed with a dragonfly?

On 8/14/2019 at 8:45 PM, RonLivingston said:

Is that a zombieman mixed with a dragonfly?

Actually its a shotgun guy torso mixed with a fly with wasp wings.

I've finished a few monsters for HTC3 along with an exploding barrel with fireballs that also explode. The skeleton dudes fragment and bones fly everywhere when gibbed which is fun to see in action.

a2.png.e2f11103f349c6f723278d84c937e678.pnga1.png.7544e8425b742ecd1c85f0675a4d404c.png

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:07 AM, elend said:

I made new worklights

These lights look great. I would like to use them in my wad. With credit, of course. Great job!

On 6/27/2015 at 2:28 PM, Xegethra said:

I recently made a video to show off the enemies I made. My sprite work skills aren't the best at all but there you go. I tired to keep them as Doomy as I could even if I find pixel art tricky. Some monsters are edits, but some are trying to be more original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wTIYIx0Scg

Quite interesting...the pain elemental at the end is cool.