Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mario Play

Labyrinth Doom Wad

Well - let's start with the positives:

1. This time you made more than one room.

2. There is an exit.

3. You need all keys to end the level.

Now for the negatives:

1. PLEASE take some time to read some tutorials, especially with themes like:

a.) Doors
    b.) Floor/Ceiling Heights
    c.) Texturing
    d.) Lighting
    e.) Steps

2. Be patient. It takes a lot of time to create something really worth playing and a even more to make the whole map an experience.

3. You call your map "Labyrinth" - it is none. It's just a few rooms strung together. :( Try sketching a few areas before starting the editor, try to develop some ideas. Build traps, interesting views, change the texture from room to room, give these rooms some lights to make them feel "real". 

4. As many of us mentioned again - play some good maps. Look what you like there. Fire up the editor and check how the mapper has achieved what you liked. Try to create something similiar yourself.

5. And please use someplace else to upload your files (Google Drive, Amazon or something like this). Nobody likes to see popups without ends just to download a 10 KB file.

I can imagine that you want to create something special, but you have to learn a lot....

4 hours ago, Mario Play said:

But you liked my map?

Can you read? Of course I don't like your map. It's more or less an example of how NOT to build a Doom-level. 

For example check out the level I linked to below. Also a first map from a new mapper, also really small (even smaller than your map) - but here everything you did wrong is done right.

Donwload this, check how it was done - try to emulate this, try to build something even remotely this interesting and probably you will find some people here who like your map. :)

BTW: for all the quiet readers on this thread - check "factory substation" it's really impressive. :)

4 hours ago, theDia said:

Can you read? Of course I don't like your map. It's more or less an example of how NOT to build a Doom-level. 

Alright, I'm gonna be a not-so-quiet-reader here, and tell you that the way you dish out feedback is less than ideal. I thought I was being pretty blunt with my feedback at times, but holy shit dude, you're much too rude. It's nice you wanna help and all, but imagine somebody who just started mapping, and wanted to share their first ever stuff reads this... Do you seriously think that's gonna encourage anybody to contribute anything new? Get a grip, will ya?

4 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Alright, I'm gonna be a not-so-quiet-reader here, and tell you that the way you dish out feedback is less than ideal. I thought I was being pretty blunt with my feedback at times, but holy shit dude, you're much too rude. It's nice you wanna help and all, but imagine somebody who just started mapping, and wanted to share their first ever stuff reads this... Do you seriously think that's gonna encourage anybody to contribute anything new? Get a grip, will ya?

Probably you should read the whole thread. I tried to be constructive in my first post, but instead of taking this into account and perhaps ask for some more detailled tipps Super-Mario asked if I liked his map.

As in his first post he ignores ANY kind of help or critizism offered by anyone, but still offers us more "awesome" work with almost no progress (and in two similiar threads).

And BTW I'm always open to help new mappers (just check my other posts), but when somebody behaves totally ignorant I will always draw the more blunt weapons.

As we say in German:

"Leichte Schläge auf den Hinterkopf erhöhen das Denkvermögen!"
(Roughly translated)
Small hits on the back side of the head, highten the ability to think!  

And yes, my sarcasm is feared since the early days of the doom community but mostly there is a reason for it. :)

4 minutes ago, theDia said:

Probably you should read the whole thread. I tried to be constructive in my first post, but instead of taking this into account and perhaps ask for some more detailled tipps Super-Mario asked if I liked his map.

Believe it or not, I did read your first post, which is why I gave you credit where it was due, and said that "it's nice that you wanna help". Having said that, I don't care how people are being encouraged to think harder where you live, but I suggest you practise what you preach and see if it works for you. You have no idea who the other person is, or how old they are, or if there are any language barriers involved, so I don't think there is a base for any mental gymnastics here to justify snapping at somebody like you did.

50 minutes ago, theDia said:

And yes, my sarcasm is feared 

LMAO feared

I read through your previous threads and it looks like you took none of the feedback on board. I can presume only that this is some kind of trolling.

Here's a video to save anyone else playing this map.

3 hours ago, Magicana said:

I read through your previous threads and it looks like you took none of the feedback on board. I can presume only that this is some kind of trolling.

Finally someone understands me. :)

Just out of curiosity, I'm 11 years old and I live in Brazil

I'm just speaking English why I'm into google translate

46 minutes ago, DoomSpud said:

THIS is a Labyrinth...

This is an impressive Labyrinth. :) Exactly the kind of thing I wanted to make when starting mapping in the mid-nineties, but the dreaded visplane-error stopped my creativity in it's heels. :)

29 minutes ago, theDia said:

This is an impressive Labyrinth. :) Exactly the kind of thing I wanted to make when starting mapping in the mid-nineties, but the dreaded visplane-error stopped my creativity in it's heels. :)

What you see is only half of it. That pyramid to the right in the first shot is only the halfway point of the Labyrinth
Full of collapsing floors, spike and lava pits and ambush points... ;)
There is also a marked path through it that prevents you getting lost... if you're observant enough to notice it ;)

On 7/21/2019 at 2:25 AM, DoomSpud said:

THIS is a Labyrinth...

yo dude,

fully dig this map ...any chance of getting the wad file for it ?

would like to check out the detail and play the level! 

big up!

On 7/21/2019 at 2:25 AM, DoomSpud said:

Screenshot_Doom_20190721_112328.png.04014484d1cc24b66f6c3c21b8da3de6.pngScreenshot_Doom_20190721_112403.png.a7faacd8cf7c8ff2d259d815b3e890e2.png

wicked stuff SUITEPEE! big up for the mention in your stream, this however is not the wad I was referring to, although the topic is lead up but MARIO PLAY. I was talking about the Lava Labyrinth DOOMSPUD posted a picture of! Looks like he is running the project brutality portal for it. I have been gathering various wads over the years and always look out for complex designs with extra character like this!

On 9/21/2019 at 10:22 PM, Suitepee said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/484647580

I play this at 2:11:26 into this playtest livestream; initially the non-updated version, then playing the updated one after.

A lot to work on.

On 7/20/2019 at 6:25 PM, DoomSpud said:

THIS is a Labyrinth...

Screenshot_Doom_20190721_112328.png.04014484d1cc24b66f6c3c21b8da3de6.pngScreenshot_Doom_20190721_112403.png.a7faacd8cf7c8ff2d259d815b3e890e2.png

Where can I play this

On 10/25/2019 at 11:32 AM, carter1027 said:

Where can I play this

Pretty sure its not released yet but check with doomspud or something