FREELOOK-Should NOT be used but ALLOWED

Known Bugs-None found yet

Custom Assests used-2 new midis and 1 new skybox, 1 new decorate prop

Gzdoom features used-Only 1 dynamic light and a small 3D bridge

Time Took to make the maps- Map01-5 days Map02-5 days

Format-UDMF FORMAT

MAIN  PURPOSE-Singleplayer

CO-OP-YES

(The creators of the custom assests are credited via READ.ME files)

Pictures-

Screenshot_Doom_20190712_151332.png.ef635b874129e1e66e9ba257d9813fbd.pngScreenshot_Doom_20190712_151319.png.d27d187b5e25acc82d8fc7cee8866a3e.png

Edited by Finnthemapmaker

Very enjoyable pair of maps. Fast paced, tons of action, and even though the ambushes and traps started to get a little too predictable, they were often times still very intense and fun. Loved the song in map02, as well! 

If you really want people to not jump or crouch, you should define nojump and nocrouch strings in the mapinfo, so those only can be overwritten with console commands. I did jumping and crouching as test when I played your map a bit. You might want reconsider rocket launcher secret route a bit at map02, because I only found it near end, which is quite useless when you're about to exit. 

I like strange and more surreal layouts so I simply loved map01. It also was exactly my kind of gameplay. I really liked the way the crushers helped me in the attack in the red key room.

But Map02...? It's called "Fast as I like" and is exactly the opposite for me. :) After finally escaping the starting area - after about 50 tries - I got stuck in a small room with two barons...and gave up.

This gameplay style is to much depending on luck for me and will never be the way I like to play Doom. But i know a lot of people like this, so I think - and judging from the other reviews - this map is also great. :)

2 hours ago, theDia said:

I like strange and more surreal layouts so I simply loved map01. It also was exactly my kind of gameplay. I really liked the way the crushers helped me in the attack in the red key room.

But Map02...? It's called "Fast as I like" and is exactly the opposite for me. :) After finally escaping the starting area - after about 50 tries - I got stuck in a small room with two barons...and gave up.

This gameplay style is to much depending on luck for me and will never be the way I like to play Doom. But i know a lot of people like this, so I think - and judging from the other reviews - this map is also great. :)

The Barrons are on top of a elevator. That's why it has a support texture, but i should have actually  choosed ya know  , elevator texture so my bad.So yeah i will have that on my mind next time. :P Also map02 focuses more on gameplay and movement ,it's very easy to beat the first area on map02 if you know how to dance with your enemies (aka their behaivour).Btw what difficulty you played Map02 ? Cuz it has a big difference in other difficulties.Edit- if it's the room where you pickup a rocket luncher or a ssg (Depending on what difficulty you are playing) in one of the Barons Room there is a switch that if you press opens a door you should enter.

Edited by Finnthemapmaker

4 minutes ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

The Barrons are on top of a elevator.

Ahhh - that helped a lot. I take everything back. :)

I always play on UV and changed to lower difficutlies if needed, but from the first impression I thought I was in a slaughter map and - as mentioned - that's not my style of playing. Now I will give it another go and let you know what I think later. :)

Soooo, now I finally climbed "The Hills" and had a lot of fun. After the Baron-Trap (and with the knowledge that there is a simple solution) I was able to complete the map - from a pistol start - with 100 Health and about 30 Shells left. I used the complete chaingun ammo on the spectre pool to get the 100% kills - I just can´t leave any monsters alive. :)

Sadly I found only one secret (the rocket-launcher) and I even run the whole map a few times hugging walls.

All in all it was a nice adventure, even if I found some of the texture choices a bit of, but that's a matter of taste. I also included a screenshot where I found som wrong texture on some steps, but i didn't really look to closely for errors.

hillstext.jpg

hilss02.jpg

hillsl01.jpg

32 minutes ago, theDia said:

All in all it was a nice adventure  I also included a screenshot where I found som wrong texture on some steps, but i didn't really look to closely for errors.

hillstext.jpg

I choosed these texture on the stairs cuz i don't wanna repeat the same textures .Anyway happy to hear that you had fun :D

I had a lot of fun in these levels. I lol'd at the "lion". As for difficulty, it was just right for me on UV, so to most it's probably easy but I enjoyed it.

I liked the sky you used and your usage of the custom textures. Looking forward to more maps.

6 hours ago, DuckReconMajor said:

I had a lot of fun in these levels. I lol'd at the "lion". As for difficulty, it was just right for me on UV, so to most it's probably easy but I enjoyed it.

I liked the sky you used and your usage of the custom textures. Looking forward to more maps.

Thank you , but all are vanilla Doom 2 textures :)

These 2 maps were quite a bit of fun, and my favorite map was the second map, "Fast as I like", and that is totally not because I got the berserk pack and punched everything to death.