Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Margsabl

Sheogouths Despair RC3

Sheogouths Despair is my second wad. It was inspired by John Romero's Sigil. I wanted to use some of the elements from Sigil and create a Doom II wad out of it. It took around 2 months to make this wad with hefty breaks in between edits. Originally this was going to be a 8 map wad like my previous wad Tartarus Inferno, but instead decided that I would make it one large map. I'm not a stickler for how you play so play with whatever mods you like or as vanilla as you want. With some feedback received from the very first test iteration of this map I was able to hopefully create a better version of what I wanted.

I hope you enjoy the wad, please leave me feedback down below

UPDATE: Added in coop player starts

Made Certain Walls impassible

Added a bit of decoration to latter half of the map

Fixed progression near end of map

Fixed teleporter sticking around after you have escaped

Added bits of armor around to make things a *little* easier

Added a monster closet *somewhere*

TO DO: Add more secrets

Change final fight so that its not skippable

Fix Lighting across the entire map to be a bit darker in places

Add a bit more decoration in escape portion

More clearly define the exit portal so players don't accidentally exit before exploring

Show players that floating rocks teleport somehow

Tested with the following

GZDoom

No Jumping/Crouching

Both with and without freelook

Software and hardware rendering

Vanilla and Brutal Doom

Doom II: Hell on Earth IWAD

The WAD Begins and Ends with MAP01

xBa4LWo.png

6BDmyDA.png

yKdoGkY.png

VeMBVhX.png

CIIJ9ah.png

nDTcqSB.png

xS8FGaC.png

iAlnGYl.png

exbTUEw.png

totx8u8.png

rUEgVH1.png

sheosdes.zip

Edited by CaptainMitchell : RC3 Update

Played through it. The biggest criticism I can give is that a lot of it is a little too derivative of Sigil. The unique parts with the flesh structures and the destroyed city were more interesting than the multiple homages. I especially thought the escape gimmick at the end was cool. The Cyber bearing down on you in the long stair was also neat. The 2 Cybers and the Spider near the end were completely ineffective though as they start infighting almost immediately if you just run past them.

17 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

Played through it. The biggest criticism I can give is that a lot of it is a little too derivative of Sigil.

This is what I was afraid of.

19 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

The unique parts with the flesh structures and the destroyed city were more interesting than the multiple homages. I especially thought the escape gimmick at the end was cool. The Cyber bearing down on you in the long stair was also neat.

Thank you! That destroyed city took forever to make so i'm glad somebody likes it :)

20 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

The 2 Cybers and the Spider near the end were completely ineffective though as they start infighting almost immediately if you just run past them.

yeeeeaaaaaahhhhh you right

A streamer I enjoy watching named Deathwing_Duck did a playthrough of this wad. Here is a link to the stream, start at 00:06:50 for the start of the Wad

If he creates a Highlight of the wad i'll update this link to reflect that. This is for anyone that likes to watch footage of a wad before playing it.

please, can you make closing walls a-la Sigil ones for shot eyes? currently, there is no indication if that eye is a decoration or not. sure, most of the time shooting an eye has immediate effect nearby, but it still feels... weird.

3 minutes ago, ketmar said:

please, can you make closing walls a-la Sigil ones for shot eyes? currently, there is no indication if that eye is a decoration or not. sure, most of the time shooting an eye has immediate effect nearby, but it still feels... weird.

I can work on that. Probably a day or two and the thread will be updated with the new update with a title to reflect that. If you see the thread and it says RC3 at the end the fix should be out

thank you. sorry for not commenting on the map itself, i didn't finished it yet. ;-)

13 minutes ago, ketmar said:

thank you. sorry for not commenting on the map itself, i didn't finished it yet. ;-)

You're fine, the change was much easier than anticipated. New map is uploaded.