Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plsmbmp_rude

Introducing Plasmabump.com [BETA]

Whats up DOOM community;

This project has been in the works for a while now and I think its at a point worth talking about.  If you are interested in multiplayer doom deathmatch, my hope is to bring it closer to the 21st century :p

A growing server cluster on Odamex - with stat-tracking, match history, and an ELO ladder, at www.plasmabump.com  Still a work in progress of course, but I hope that this will spark some competition and something for yall to have fun with.  Thats pretty much the extent of it, there is some other things on discord also (https://discord.gg/fGzBQCS ) I will keep this thread updated on developments be sure to leave feedback; the next immediate step being tdm, hope to have matches tracking in the next month. 

SERVERS (Odamex):

- plasmabump.com - Casual Duel #1 -- duel2020.wad              159.65.247.149:10666  *casual duels show up in match history only

- plasmabump.com - Casual Duel #2  -- duel2015.wad             159.65.247.149:10667

- plasmabump.com - Community Duel (add your own map)       159.65.247.149:10670

- plasmabump.com - Ranked Duel #1 -- duel2020.wad             159.65.247.249:10668

- plasmabump.com - Ranked Duel #2 -- duel2015.wad             159.65.247.249:10669

WADS: the wad being used is duel2020oa.wad by hobomaster.... it is awesome! 

duel2020oa.wad - http://doomshack.org/uploads/duel2020oa.wad

duel2015.wad - http://doomshack.org/uploads/duel2015.wad

Thanks to Xenaero for the Rank Icons, and everyone that helped test.  Some pics below >

NJoHD4M.png

ggFmBEm.png

www.plasmabump.com

See you soon- 

Rude

Edited by plsmbmp_rude

Really hope this gets more popular, waiting for the day i can just open the Odamex launcher and start a game without having to go into Discord.

That ranking is really neat too! ZDaemon was the only port that had this, but now this server cluster even has stat tracking and even match history, that's awesome!

Thanks for the support @-TDRR- @Philwithdadeal 

Some website news--the first draft of player profile pages (stats + match history) are live they can be seen here: http://www.plasmabump.com/players/ 

Nicknames are links now throughout the site, so its a bit more fun to browse around. More things are planned for the site but next Ill be working to make it so anyone can send stats from their own servers yeehaw /o

So the website is 90% there Ill post some screens below.  Player profiles and match stats-

2z3nzdx.png

look how good I am

bIAOntJ.png

GET IN HERE ;D

Also if you are not aware- QuakeCon is having 3 DooM II tournaments for their BYOC-  Duel/FFA/TDM.  We have practice servers up with wads/settings being used there. So Ill post server list here:

- plasmabump.com - Duel Ladder Beta #1  duel2020.wad   159.65.247.149:10666

- plasmabump.com - Duel Ladder Beta #2  duel2015.wad   159.65.247.149:10667

- QUAKECON - Duel Practice Server #1                              159.65.247.149:10668

- QUAKECON - Duel Practice Server #2                              159.65.247.149:10669

- QUAKECON - TDM Practice Server                                   159.65.247.249:10670

- QUAKECON - FFA Practice Server                                    159.65.247.249:10671

Is there a link to get DUEL2020 ? There is absolutely no download link whatsoever...

Looking awesome man. Can I suggest a time stamped game log of kills/suicides on the match page? Maybe even denote important killing streaks

On 7/13/2019 at 1:25 PM, Ch0wW said:

Is there a link to get DUEL2020 ? There is absolutely no download link whatsoever...

Oh yes duh. 

duel2020oa.wad - http://doomshack.org/uploads/duel2020oa.wad 

duel2015.wad - http://doomshack.org/uploads/duel2015.wad

On 7/13/2019 at 2:22 PM, Ralphis said:

Looking awesome man. Can I suggest a time stamped game log of kills/suicides on the match page? Maybe even denote important killing streaks

That is a great idea.  Will definitely look to implement this in the next web update o/

Plenty of new people play on it. That said the oldies will go easy if you ask nicely ;)

Edited by Hekksy

Just a heads up, I'm getting a 500 Server Error when trying to access the site atm

4 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Just a heads up, I'm getting a 500 Server Error when trying to access the site atm

That's because the white zone is for loading and unloading only, man.

Thanks friends :D - Site is back up now; I had made some changes last night and did not realize they were breaking, whoops 

On 7/15/2019 at 8:22 AM, DecoyZulu said:

Any newcomers playing or am I going to be the only scrub?

There are actually a good amount of newcomers right now on Plasmabump & Odamex in general.  With Quakecon coming up, alot of people practicing/checking stuff out!

On 7/9/2019 at 3:23 PM, plsmbmp_rude said:

So the website is 90% there Ill post some screens below.  Player profiles and match stats-

2z3nzdx.png

look how good I am

bIAOntJ.png

This looks really sweet!

I have one suggestion (if you don't already have this): Please have "Getting Started (for dummies)" links everywhere, that take you from a vanilla OS install (with a purchased copy of Doom and Doom II installed, of course), to source port installation, pwad download, and net setup. I know it sounds silly, but probably 10% of people get stopped by install difficulties, or even knowing how to find game files and how to start up a net game (I know some of that is automated).

I'm talking "turn key" access. No one wants to admit they are having trouble, so make it easy, and everyone will play!

Keep up the good work!

18 hours ago, kb1 said:

This looks really sweet!

I have one suggestion (if you don't already have this): Please have "Getting Started (for dummies)" links everywhere, that take you from a vanilla OS install (with a purchased copy of Doom and Doom II installed, of course), to source port installation, pwad download, and net setup. I know it sounds silly, but probably 10% of people get stopped by install difficulties, or even knowing how to find game files and how to start up a net game (I know some of that is automated).

I'm talking "turn key" access. No one wants to admit they are having trouble, so make it easy, and everyone will play!

Keep up the good work!

@kb1 you are right there is not enough info on getting new players in the game.. hard to remember that we were all newbies once.  I will expand on this and be linking @Doomkid 's comprehensive tutorial on getting started with doom 2 online all over the site, thanks!

Edited by plsmbmp_rude