Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mnb

Wads of new monsters?

I'm looking for wads of new monsters that mantains the classic monsters adding more but only that, i don't want new weapons also, i want to combine them myself, is there any?

Hellebarde may be just what you're looking for, it has a very large amount of additional enemies while not replacing any.

ZDoom wads in general are what you should look for; Vanilla WADS must replace stuff by the nature of DEHACKED. If you dont mind losing the Wolfenstein SS and Commander Keen, then there are plenty of WADs that do what you want; Scythe 2 and Ancient Aliens, to name a couple.

@mnb

it doesn't just add colours, Colorful hell's enemies actually behave differently based on the colour. For example, green tier seems to use poison attacks more, cyan is ice based, fireblu is AOE, white and black are just OP and well abyss is just annoying.

I think I understand where mnb is coming from - Colorful Hell includes what are effectively modifications of existing enemies - graphically speaking, they're mostly just recolors with different behaviors, which isn't the same as having completely novel enemies. mnb, Would it be fair to guess that what you're looking for are effectively new cast members of the monster roster? If so, give Abysm - Dawn of Innocence a try. It's a fun dark fantasy romp with the vanilla enemies and some completely new ideas (to my knowledge at least).

thanks but none of the posted wads are what i'm looking for.... maybe ddmonsters.wad and the Monster Resource Wad but both doesn't load any new monster when i try them....

and i'm a noob and i don't know decorate so i can't do my own wad

Are you looking for a gameplay mod that adds enemies?

How much exactly?

I tried this mod once

and i thought it was good for what it was.

I haven't played later versions but maybe you could give it a try.

59 minutes ago, whatup876 said:

Are you looking for a gameplay mod that adds enemies?

How much exactly?

I tried this mod once

and i thought it was good for what it was.

I haven't played later versions but maybe you could give it a try.

but that doesn't add any new monster

i'm looking for new monsters only, not maps or other stuff, i want to combine maps, weapons and monsters by myself

6 hours ago, mnb said:

but that doesn't add any new monster

i'm looking for new monsters only, not maps or other stuff, i want to combine maps, weapons and monsters by myself

Uh? It adds dozens of new monsters. And nothing else, so you can combine maps, weapons and monsters with this.

12 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

Uh? It adds dozens of new monsters. And nothing else, so you can combine maps, weapons and monsters with this.

i was loading it wrong, yes this is good but is a pity that doesn't work with beautiful doom, i've tried disabling the monsters in the options of beautiful doom but it is the same