Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous

Why was I Banned

I am the Rebirth of ShapeShifter but I was banned for posting a topic called "Post your Doom 3 alpha screenshot's hear" I didn't tehnically do anything wrong I never posted anything that would be considered illegal so why was I banned? some guy makes a post called "What's the best IRC Channel for the Doom 3 Beta" and he even get's a responce from BigBadGansta and I contacted Lingucia about this and He didn't even have the balls to answer me.

ling never replies to anything. as for that the fact that u have the alpha is illegal itself. sometimes the mods feel picky, other times stuff slides thru the grate

First of all, even posting screenshots of the alpha is illegal here, so it's only natural that that thread would end up roasting on the barbecue.

Second, ban evasion isn't too clever, and telling us that you're evading a ban will only ensure that your current name will be banned.

First of all I didn't have the Alpha at the time and even if I did BBG knew that some other people had the alpha and He didn't do jacl shit about it. Second I could understand if the Post ended up in Post Hell but why Ban me when someone else made a topic called What's the best IRC channel for Doom 3.

Simple...

Don't post anything about the alpha such as in-game screenies, links, or asking for any of it.

Now, lets never speak of this again, kapeesh?

Well, because talking about Doom 3 or the alpha is not illegal, but posting links to the demo or screenshots defintely is, and they have a very low tolerance for it. If someone posts such a link, the only way they can possibly escape a ban is if they catch it in time and edit it out of the post before a mod sees it.

Anonymous said:

I am the Rebirth of ShapeShifter but I was banned for posting a topic called "Post your Doom 3 alpha screenshot's hear" I didn't tehnically do anything wrong I never posted anything that would be considered illegal so why was I banned? some guy makes a post called "What's the best IRC Channel for the Doom 3 Beta" and he even get's a responce from BigBadGansta and I contacted Lingucia about this and He didn't even have the balls to answer me.

It was explicitly stated in the FAQ that any "illegal" material (the leaked E3 video, screens of or links to the alpha, or whatever slips through the cracks next) is not allowed on these forums. Requests for the same material are not allowed either. Those are the rules that Linguica made, and if you don't respect those rules, he ain't gonna respect you.

As for mailing him, whether or not he takes your mail seriously depends on how well you wrote it. If it's anything like your post here, I somehow doubt Ling would seriously consider your arguement. I know I wouldn't.

And like they say, ban evasion == !smart.

Anonymous said:

First of all I didn't have the Alpha at the time and even if I did BBG knew that some other people had the alpha and He didn't do jacl shit about it. Second I could understand if the Post ended up in Post Hell but why Ban me when someone else made a topic called What's the best IRC channel for Doom 3.

The difference is: You requestied stuff taken from the alpha itself. The other guy just wanted to talk about the alpha, without asking for a download or screenies or anything. You'll notice that no moderator here tries to keep people from talking about the alpha. Therein lies the difference.

The other guy wasn't just talking about he alpha he asked for a good IRC Channel from where he can download it. And BBG asked that we don't speek of the alpha eigthor.

Asking for warez well as posting them is illegal on these forums since we don't want it to be a warez trading hub.

Since the Doom3 alpha was leaked it is considered warez.

It has been a general policy that anyone breaking specifically these two rules are banned immediately since this offense cannot be explained by ignorance. You should know that the alpha is illegal.

It's not because we really give a shit about every little small-time warezer or otherwise, it's the fact that this site is hosted by Telefragged and nothing makes it look much worse than to be seen to be in any way connected to warez. This place has to be squeeky clean. Therefore if anything is suspicious it has to go. Some people genuinely screw up unintentionally but we cannot take any chances. Always ask a mod or admin first. As for you, you'll just have to speak to Julian or Ling.

Anonymous said:

I can't remember if I banned you, but look, you posted a thread asking people to link to screenshots of the alpha, which is EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN. Leaked alphas = warez and warez = instaban on these forums. You're lucky I don't reban you for ban evasion.

Anonymous said:

The other guy wasn't just talking about he alpha he asked for a good IRC Channel from where he can download it.

I assume you're referring to this thread. However, he was only asking about channels where he could chat to other people about Doom 3 (IRC = Internet Relay Chat).

[EDIT: amended thanks to DOOM Anomaly pointing out that it was an even more innocent request than I had said.]

Grazza said:

I assume you're referring to this thread. However, he was only asking about channels where he could chat to other people about the alpha (IRC = Internet Relay Chat).

He wasnt neccicarily asking for a Alpha chat channel, just Doom III channel. Anonymous, dont blame that other guy also, he didnt do anything wrong, unlike yourself, no offence.