Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Foxhead

How do i put other wads/mods in my own wad?

Question

Im making a map-pack, that will contain some mods to add up to gameplay and stuff, but dragging and dropping the wads in SLADE doesn't seem to work. so, how i do it?

Theres only one Map at the moment in the Wad.

6 answers to this question

Why would you want to force the people playing your maps to use mods? It's a much better idea to just state something like "This mapset is best played with [insert mods here]".

Also, if the mods got updated, then you would have to manually update them on your map file.

2 hours ago, -TDRR- said:

Why would you want to force the people playing your maps to use mods? It's a much better idea to just state something like "This mapset is best played with [insert mods here]".

Also, if the mods got updated, then you would have to manually update them on your map file.

it is nothing drastic, just a climb mod, that let you go to edges and climb up holding space. And the map-pack will not be just Doom traditional style. My ideia is to create a full world, wit lore, and things to explore around to discover more.

Just now, Thfpjct said:

it is nothing drastic, just a climb mod, that let you go to edges and climb up holding space. And the map-pack will not be just Doom traditional style. My ideia is to create a full world, wit lore, and things to explore around to discover more.

Alright i guess, just don't go doing this on actual Doom maps. Make a .pk3 file including your map, and put in any .wad format mods in it. If it's a .pk3, copy and paste it's contents into the .pk3 file.

This isn't really a good idea. For one, you need permission from the mod author first, especially if you plan on distributing your mod. Second, like TDRR has said, you would have to update your package every time an update for said mods is released.

The best option is to just release the map pack and highly recommend the mods you use to be played with it or make them a requirement if the maps are designed around a certain feature. This makes the map pack open to others in case they want to use their own preferred mods and not risk any compatibility issues.

35 minutes ago, R4L said:

This isn't really a good idea. For one, you need permission from the mod author first, especially if you plan on distributing your mod. Second, like TDRR has said, you would have to update your package every time an update for said mods is released.

The best option is to just release the map pack and highly recommend the mods you use to be played with it or make them a requirement if the maps are designed around a certain feature. This makes the map pack open to others in case they want to use their own preferred mods and not risk any compatibility issues.

this is a note inside the .pk3. the mod is super simple, and i realy don't need anything else besides this mod.

image.png.d511843e7ff753ff6aa3be3a154835cc.png

As i said early, the mod/map-pack will not be only Doom Traditional. I just can't understand the ACS codes by my self sometimes, so i trying to find as many similar-to-my-ideias-mods as possible.

Edited by Thfpjct

Open up the mod in one SLADE3 window and your .WAD in another. Copy and paste the contents of the mod into your WAD, making sure any sprites or other graphics are between appropriate markers. Merge any DECORATE or other definitions lumps together and check for conflicts. You should then be good to go.