Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erick194

Sprites and textures extracted from id mobile games (now Wolfenstein RPG Brew resources)

The modified GZDoom will be available when @Erick194 decides that. But I certainly tell you it might be soon. We're still working on those projects.

I also think the same about D64Ex, a good port for the PC. And Doom64 for GZDoom Master edition is a port of Doom64Ex for GZDoom.

That reminds me of the first photos I showed on the zdoom forums in 2013, showing what I had achieved, fortunately I still have them on my old Nokia C2 cellphone.

Spoiler

3woemb1o6j9wbvezg.jpg

fzfqc1p9kmplftfzg.jpgsdsn750s38mgzf6zg.jpg

046mn0s422g42q4zg.jpg

j06bbd123yg6thmzg.jpg

13 hours ago, Jon said:

I'm interested to know the answer to your question, though. I'm sure it must be a recreation.

The goal of these projects is to be as close to the original game as possible. As @Gerardo194 said, a classic version and a deluxe version, with animations in the textures and sprites, with special effects.

I recommend visiting the following thread, so you can see images of the projects, with the 3d maps displayed in gzdoom.

Here I show you some images of the Doom Rpg.

Spoiler

kqsbf7012g9ug5fzg.jpgwkkl7i8d0mmh3vrzg.jpghmfaeuc44d0whhwzg.jpg3zy3muupz75uvsrzg.jpgdjqbq207gceodjazg.jpg1io9xyuky9bp1qrzg.jpgsq5j3d64db1oqilzg.jpg

Hi dear Erick194! im have a extracted files from Orcs & Elves II BREW version. May be you find them useful for itself.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o5ae9tq459cx3n5/OrcsAndElvesII_barunpacked.zip/file

@Erick194: I can't tell: In those screenshots, are the walls, flats, and sprites being shown in truecolor, or have they been converted to Doom's 256-color palette? I am hoping that they could be released in truecolor, if possible. Or, if they originate as 256-color, perhaps a new Doom palette could be created to match the mobile game resources. It would be a shame to have palette-based color degradation occur on resources that are already restricted to 8-bit color.

I only ask because this guy looks to maybe suffer from recolor palette aliasing-type issues, and, having not seen the mobile game, I can't tell if this is how he looks on mobile, or if it occurred after being converted to the Doom vanilla palette:

CPOS-mobile.PNG.7934ba0609fb3102ab2b4ee6ebcf4ef7.PNG

Anyway, yes, this is exciting!

@kb1 They are in true color from the original data.

@NewSource I appreciate your contribution of the orcs and elves II of BREW, I am sure that I will extract the graphics of the game.

It would be great if the other games of the Brew version still existed somewhere "Doom Rpg, Doom II Rpg, Orcs & Elves and Wolfenstein Rpg".

5 hours ago, Erick194 said:

@kb1 They are in true color from the original data.

That's great news. I foresee PC Doom versions with full rotations, using colors from the mobile game :)

@Erick194 Here is Doom II RPG BREW version! https://www.mediafire.com/file/y0ruymhlqx2q2gq/doom2rpg.zip/file

It's isn't extracted...But for you probably there is no problem with extracting files.. All files is stored in .bar file.

Anyway, if you get some problems with extracting, i'll tell you how i extracted files from OEII bar file...here is same way...i think

Also: No, i don't have BREW version of Doom RPG...i tried find them...but it's impossible :(

Also (x2): In 2013 year i played Orcs & Elves 1 via MPowerplayer....Those version actally has floor/cell textures, but it not BREW, it's actually j2me....I grabbed file...But it's encrypted...idk...in mainly, it's encrypted .jar...i tried decrypt it...but no success😥  https://www.mediafire.com/file/yfnoj3aut3mnr4l/OrcsAndElves.mpz/file

Edited by NewSource

@NewSource thank you again for your contribution, take a quick look at the doom2rpg file and note that apart from the .bar file there is another one that is .mod, could you send me the file mod from orcs & elves 2 ?,also already extracts the graphics of the sprites and I can say that au image quality are comparable with the version of Orcs & Elves DS.

.mod is actually executable in BREW OS...but if they help you...here you are: https://www.mediafire.com/file/siawj4sv6qs6bqn/orcsandelves2.zip/file

Also, im extracted sprites and textures of OE2 BREW ver via your extractor for OE2 j2me.....they looks broken https://www.mediafire.com/file/444v8losre708a2/OE2_ExtractedTextsandSprts.rar/file can you please make a extractor for OE2 BREW version?:)

@NewSource, my brother is almost close to extract the graphics of OE2 Brew. What I saw last night left me surprised.

I think Erick can make a new graphics extractor for it.

Doom RPG is my fav from ID mobile games. When i played it for first time, it kept me in for WHOLE day. Wolfenstein RPG is my second fav. Doom II RPG was not that fun. Haven't finished Orcs & Elves I, II.

On 7/13/2018 at 1:26 PM, Jim Greezy said:

is there currently any way to play them

Is there any way to search in Google for J2ME emulator or buy Java powered mobile phone? Yes. I don't think you will find these games to buy anymore, then just download .jar files.

This is pretty coolness!

@Erick194 Can you please upload the source code of this utility in GitHub? Im learning C/C++ and this will very help me...for understanding some things..

Also im very waiting a tool for extracting OE2 BREW textures and sprites :)

I see the tool for extracting the assets is there, are you planning on releasing the actual sprites/textures/flats or a resource wad?

Edit: Oh, I see, you don't need the source jar (or whatever) files. Thanks for releasing all of these @Erick194 !

Edited by xvertigox

Download the files, friend just run the executables and extract everything in their respective pk3

Hello,

Just got to register here to say thank you to the topic-starter for having made the extractors of the games above.

May I ask the topic-starter to make the similar extractor for the following two BREW games:

Orcs and Elves 1 (version for phones with reduced capabilities, without floor textures)

https://mega.nz/file/vKJDDYrA#Q5Q642eAeAvUo9PdA27WhQMyOs09ENuLez0zzy1HU98

WolfensteinRPG (better version then the one I have earlier uploaded, with floor textures)

https://mega.nz/file/naQlwCJI#ikcz0D6a1T0Tyo3uGxM1preeQJS5Pun4FY91NO_0xPM

Regards

@kraze Greetings friend, I will get to work with the extraction of these files, I thank you for sharing them, stay tuned, it is good that we already have high-quality Wolfensten RPG, it would still be missing Doom RPG and Orcs & Elves.

Thanks to you! If I find some, I will share.

P.S. Might you be interested in some gameplay footage of the above BREW games? I could not find whether it is allowed or forbidden under the forum rules to post a link to one's own youtube channel. In fact I could not find effective and official forum rules. So just asking.

Is it possible to make a packer for the resources? Mostly interested for Orcs and Elves, because the font and hud are too small; And for Doom II RPG because the status bar does not stretch.