Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuicideBomber

Fourteenth Quadrant Spectacular

Got stuck in the nukage by the yellow key door with no apparent way out. Lot of interesting design choices...

11 hours ago, Magicana said:

Got stuck in the nukage by the yellow key door with no apparent way out. Lot of interesting design choices...

Thanks for your response. I'll get that shifty little nukeage fixed. 

It is a very understated design - spartan. I like it. I also got stuck in the nukage area by the yellow key door. I have a blue key, but no yellow key. Sparta!

foqs_beast_fda.zip

Edit: Linedef #1162 (SR Lift Lower) is tagless, it does not operate. That is a brutal bug.

Edited by beast

On 7/20/2019 at 7:34 AM, SuicideBomber said:

I comeback once a year with a level that no one likes.

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. People here do have high expectations (there's a LOT of competition when it comes to other WADs they could be playing), but I noticed that there were people that enjoyed playing the last map you posted on here, and that's not a trivial thing to pull off.

I'll plan on giving this a shot today and letting you know what I think.

11 minutes ago, beast said:

It is a very understated design - spartan. I like it. I also got stuck in the nukage area by the yellow key door. I have a blue key, but no yellow key. Sparta!

foqs_beast_fda.zip

Edit: Linedef #1162 (SR Lift Lower) is tagless, it does not operate. That is a brutal bug.

I just checked the map. The way to get the key works fine for me. 

3 minutes ago, noisebloom said:

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. People here do have high expectations (there's a LOT of competition when it comes to other WADs they could be playing), but I noticed that there were people that enjoyed playing the last map you posted on here, and that's not a trivial thing to pull off.

I'll plan on giving this a shot today and letting you know what I think.

Wait until the bug gets un fucked from this level. It seems like something is not working for others.

Turns out PrBoom+ disables this option during demos. Classic snafu. I will try again without recording.

COMPATIBILITY WITH COMMON MAPPING ERRORS ; Options to make maps playable despite serious flaws
  Linedefs w/o tags apply locally   ; If a linedef type that normally requires a tag (e.g. a 
                                      remote door) has no tag, then if possible apply the 
                                      linedef's action to the local sector. (Not available 
                                      for recording, playback or with demo_compatibility.)

prboom_auto_apply_linedefs_locally.png

Edit: Yup now it works. I saw the cute little homage to Wolf3D, ah memories. Your map is pretty darn fun.

Edited by beast