Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

PERSEPHONE - VOLUME 1

By @Phobus

Download here

So about this one, what a beautifull VOLUME1 we have here.

I enjoyed to be honest...everything. Great gameplay, monsters, ammo, difficulty...man did i had a great time!

Im sure keeping this is WAD in my collection, and congratulations for the mapper....the invisible brigde "awsome" between other things. I have no final remarks to this one...well maybe only three...

Final remarks:

- The VOLUME 1 was awsome, ill put VOLUME 2 in the Queue!

- A must play WAD, 110% recomended.

- In the map CENTURION NIGHT, i think i died about 20 times at the end...those bars in the front of the revenants sure decieved me!

-----//-----

HILLS

BY @Finnthemapmaker

Download here

So, this mapper, did not let himself down, and gave us two solid maps. At first i thought it was only one map, but graciously there was another one afterwords. I was expecting a good map, and he gave us two maps. What can i say? Give us more...next time, 3 maps? Awwww No! Think forward! Give us 5! Ill be waiting for more!

Final remarks:

- You are doing a nice work...dont stop now!

- I enjoyed the monster placement and....the traps!

- You almost got me in that "room" before the key...

- more comments in the video.

-----//-----

I FORGOT MY KEYS

By @Redead-ITA

Download here

So, can i say i oddly liked this? Yeah, oddçy liked this. Its different, like as if DoomGuy in his day a day daytime lost his keys...

Simple maps, short, not to heavy with monsters. Can i say, its like a Doom Wad for kids....not in a bad way of speaking.

Maybe this mapper can do more "serious" stuff...if he wants to...and maybe he haves. If you do...bring it to me so i can see it.

I have no final remarks...i think i said all i wanted above.

PS: Good humor at the end ;)

-----//-----

BOGGY REGION Maps 11/19/22

BY @SilverMiner

Download here

So, i played this 3 maps...and it felt a little akward to me. I dont know how to explain...maybe im missing something...maybe i should had had played in NIGHTMARE...

The first map i played, i almost thought this was some kind of slaughter WAD...but then the other two maps...well...

Map 19 i have not found the red key...and map22 it felt loop with the arch-villes. 

Final remarks:

- I did not said this maps are bad...but the map 19 and 22 is missing something...like...monsters??

- The mapper knows how too design...no question about that. Maybe take some attention to textures...or the ones not matching the others.

- It was a first time that i press "use" and box moves to a different place. Weird and at the same time...well thats different !

- Map 11, its cool visuals about the buildings far away and the boats.

- Incomplete...the map 19 i just did not know where to go about the red key...map 22 i got bored (sorry).

- There are tutorials how to make a "pool"...you should watch it...and me too, because i dont know how to do it.

- The pc´s (windows98) funny and awsome touch.

-----//-----

@Austinado - I'm not finished watching your series of videos on Persephone Volume 1 yet, but I'm on it! Thanks for taking the time to play through it all and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I can't believe how much ammo you missed though! Initially I thought you were just being reluctant to pick stuff up in case it triggered a trap, but as time went on I came to the conclusion that you've just got a bit of a blind spot for boxes of bullets and cell charges, which made your go at Centurion Night particularly rough going. Generally speaking, I put stuff in corners and out of the way so that the player isn't accidentally picking it up and wasting it, so that might be worth keeping in mind for Volume 2, to make your time with it a bit easier. Good luck!

@Austinado: Finally got through. I felt like I was beating it with you by the end there. I was horrified when you turned back to try and kill the Cyberdemon in Big Woodchip! Fortunately you eventually realised it was skippable and took that knowledge with you into the later maps. I have to admit, I was pretty relieved when you got to Claws of the Enraged Beast and were playing HMP rather than UV. That map is totally different beast on UV, as it was originally released with two custom difficulties - "Tough", which you played, and "Slaughter!", which is something you'd not have wanted to play. Scars of the Wounded Prey is from the same pack and operates on a similar difficulty setup, so do keep with HMP!

A couple of notes on your thoughts as you were playing:

MAP05: The Leak does have a rocket launcher and Super Shotgun, but they're both inaccessible after you jump down one of the deep fleshy holes into the caves. Where you took the left hand (leaving the room with all of the eyes) dark fleshy corridor and got to a room full of dead zombiemen being burned and crushed, going up the other corridor takes you to a similar, green room which opens up to give you the weapons. Arguably a design fault, I'll concede, but the map is beatable without them, as you showed!

MAP07: Claws of the Enraged Beast only really uses jumping and crouching to get into secrets. One of the three "main" paths from the start room does need jumping, which you did sort of find when you left the big room with the blue key in it via the corridor that had an Arch-Vile with it's back to you behind the door. Interestingly you had a pretty clear sense of direction here, compared to the fairly linear MAP06: Big Woodchip where you started looking for a key that didn't exist.

Felt pretty good hearing your thoughts there, so I'll look forward to your go at Volume 2.

LOST BASE

BY @Lynn

Download here

So, at first i was affraid....i was petrified...

And then...what ? LOL...i dont have too many comments about this...im sure it was alot of work...but not my style for sure.

-----//-----

13 minutes ago, Austinado said:

So, at first i was affraid....i was petrified...

And then...what ? LOL...i dont have too many comments about this...im sure it was alot of work...but not my style for sure.

Thanks for playing it! As mentioned, it was a tailored joke for a friend. I hope you still got some fun out of it! Next time I'll submit you a proper map :)

CONDEMNED TO ETERNITY

By @Casketkrusher

Download here

So this mapper, wants to make a megawad at least with 40 maps. In my opinion you could start with a little less than 40 maps. Not that you are not capable to do that, because playing your map, with the cool sounds, nice design, i have no doubt you can do it. Nowadays i thinks nobody wants to play more than 15 maps or so...and for the player to want to play 40 maps you have to give a real good Megawad...yeah this map is good, but can you embrace yourself for 40 maps in a row? All with high quality? Maybe it will take what..? 2..3...4 years for you to do everything...textures...design...monsters placement...my advice is...

Final remarks:

- You have a good map here, from here make more 5 or 10 like these and release it here in community.

- Sounds great...nice design...you are really in a very good path...congratulations!

- At the end of the map...i must have had missed something...i did not know where to go...incomplete for me.

- Hope to see more of you!

-----//-----

6 minutes ago, Lynn said:

Thanks for playing it! As mentioned, it was a tailored joke for a friend. I hope you still got some fun out of it! Next time I'll submit you a proper map :)

@Lynn

I´m sure it gave you alot of work! I respect that! 

Ill be waiting for that map of yours ;)

EMSIAN / GIVETIAN (map03/map05)

By @nicolas monti

Download here

So this is what im talking about...loved the two maps, with inteligent design, must say i was not expecting nothing less from this mapper. I had played other two maps that he had gave me, and must say, this ones, much better. Its in the same flow, but here i had more fun, it was more intense...better. I got hungry for maps from this mapper. If there is a megawad give it to me...if it dont, maybe you could start thinking in one. Im curious how you would use stronger monsters...ill be waiting, with no final remarks.

-----//-----

6 hours ago, Austinado said:

CONDEMNED TO ETERNITY

By @Casketkrusher

Download here

So this mapper, wants to make a megawad at least with 40 maps. In my opinion you could start with a little less than 40 maps. Not that you are not capable to do that, because playing your map, with the cool sounds, nice design, i have no doubt you can do it. Nowadays i thinks nobody wants to play more than 15 maps or so...and for the player to want to play 40 maps you have to give a real good Megawad...yeah this map is good, but can you embrace yourself for 40 maps in a row? All with high quality? Maybe it will take what..? 2..3...4 years for you to do everything...textures...design...monsters placement...my advice is...

Final remarks:

- You have a good map here, from here make more 5 or 10 like these and release it here in community.

- Sounds great...nice design...you are really in a very good path...congratulations!

- At the end of the map...i must have had missed something...i did not know where to go...incomplete for me.

- Hope to see more of you!

-----//-----

Thank for playing my man, The eye in the room with the cage was shootable. If you shoot it it would raise the stairs in the goo pit room. I was thinking about doing a 40 megawad but yeah, maybe its a bit too much. I'm busy with MAP02 which will be a bit larger. I see how far I can come with maps, if I can contain the quality of a good map. I like the way of having low ammo and smart play. Thank you for the kind words and nice advice. It was my first map after all :) oh and the switch in the alcove lowered the secret platform with the armor bonuses.

Edited by Casketkrusher

Hi again! I just finished my second map Damnation. Its a lot more tougher and the secrets are way more efficent and rewarding this time. Its also a slightly bit more linear. For some secrets exploration is needed though. Hope you like this one even better :)

note: The game says its MAP02 but I removed the first map from this wad to make you jump right into the new one, in the end I will compile them all together.

Gonna upload a new version, I fixed some problems which were still in this version.

Cheers.

Edited by Casketkrusher

Hey again! I've managed to finish the second map. All problems are fixed. I never had any experience with an outdoor map so it was difficult! But I made it!

I also fixed some minor issues with the first map. A rad suit! Remember to shoot the eyes!

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jy4481o2b3ylq2/Doom - Condemned To Eternity.rar?dl=0

Edited by Casketkrusher

Hello, because currently im doing nightshift (and resting during the day), ill try to give the recordings as soon as possible. Still, feel free to give me WADs/maps so i can add to the queue. Thanks  ;)

I spotted an entertaining error in the Persephone Volume 2 LOADACS script whilst working on Volume 3 and corrected it. Here's a current link. The filename has today's date. If you've already played through MAP14 there's no need to re-download and replay the map.

PERSEPHONE - VOLUME 2

By @Phobus

Download here

So, must say this took me some time to record, and yes, im surrended to this Megawad. Wonderfull.

In some cases yes, i got frustrated and did not really know what to do (more towards to the end) but cleaning each map one after another, you feel awsome, with a good set of difficulty, a wonderfull map design, and everything makes you keep going, even when you think its impossible. No, its not impossible. Challenging? Yep, but not in a impossible way. I give an "hurray" to this megawad, and its recorded whenever i want to see how i should try to resemble my maps to this.

No final remarks....just to say, Thank you, it was a nice ride. 

-----//-----

Hello Everyone! Just to remind that you can give me more Maps/WADs to add to my Queue. Thanks ;)

On 7/20/2019 at 9:50 PM, Casketkrusher said:

Hey again! I've managed to finish the second map. All problems are fixed. I never had any experience with an outdoor map so it was difficult! But I made it!

I also fixed some minor issues with the first map. A rad suit! Remember to shoot the eyes!

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jy4481o2b3ylq2/Doom - Condemned To Eternity.rar?dl=0

Hello, if you can, give another link, because this one you gave me it seems not working to download. Thanks

@Austinado I always look for people to play and record my 9 map small - medium mapset but it's not a normal Doom wad.

My Wad is called Operation UAC and requires Brutal Doom version 2.0B to run. But if you're willing to play it I'm keen to watch it.

Link: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/74477-operation-uac-brutal-doom-wad/

Edited by Chezza

2 minutes ago, Chezza said:

@Austinado I always look for people to play and record my 9 map small - medium mapset but it's not a normal Doom wad.

My Wad is called Operation UAC and requires Brutal Doom version 2.0B to run. But if you're willing to play it I'm kern to watch it.

It works with gzdoom?

14 minutes ago, Austinado said:

Give it to me.

Here is the moddb with download link https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/operation-uac

Mouse / keyboard is advised and jump / crouch / reload and throw grenade settings needs to be active.

If you're fairly good with Doom then go higher difficulties. There are no slaughter map based maps or made to punish players.

Edited by Chezza

I'm glad this "Best of" idea has worked out well. It's a good five hours of video you've got there, so it'll take me a bit to watch it all, but rest assured I will be watching it!

@Austinado - if you're interested in making maps featuring ramps or slopes (or the coloured lighting and fog you saw in Scars of the Wounded Prey) you'll need to look into (G)ZDoom mapping. You've already mapped in UDMF, so you're halfway there. Check out the Documentation to pick up how things work, or check examples in maps you've played! Scars of the Wounded Prey was possible in a month because of how steep the learning curve is with ZDoom features. It was originally released as my first "Quicky" map... Although Coils of the Twisted Tale was technically my second (released third, IIRC), so that "Quicky" title is a bit variable.

I'm amazed at your perseverance on Beatdown, Summoning Temple (although you didn't seem to notice the message at the start saying that jumping and crouching were enabled, leading to your difficulty with the summoning circle) and the start of Undertaker! I've still got four videos to go, but I'm halfway through your series of videos already in terms of run time. I'm guessing Coils of the Twisted Tale will eat up a lot of time.

You've given me some ideas to make the ZDoom maps a bit more user friendly (such as lighting up the door once you've killed the enemies in Scars of the Wounded Prey and making that early switch you pressed multiple times not toggle whether the lift platform is up or down), so I might act on those for the "complete" edition I'm planning to do after Volume 3 is released. I'll see how the rest of your videos go and take some notes. I might make the notice that jumping and crouching are enabled permanent, but off to the side out of the way or something.

Do you usually play with freelook? You seemed much better when you realised it made the switch much easier to hit in Coils of the Twisted Tale. Made me wonder why you normally played without it in your other videos!

EDIT: Made it to the end with you at last! Glad you liked it, although you didn't seem glad to discover the Virus map at the end :P I think as you play more maps (especially by other authors), you'll probably look back at what you beat here and think it wasn't so tough after all.

Thank you very much for the kind words at the end. Good luck with your megaWAD!

Edited by Phobus

I'll throw my hat into the ring. I just officially released this Ultimate Doom E1 replacement; Shotgun Symphony

9 maps, lotsa monsters. Works fine with GZDoom. Have at it if you'd like. :)