Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

10 hours ago, GamingMarine said:

Screenshot_Doom_20190722_091729.png.445874d50b498fe604ed6f5909f42d17.png

So it's Pirate Doom, but with Cowboys?  So, Cowboy Doom?

29 minutes ago, Master O said:

So it's Pirate Doom, but with Cowboys?  So, Cowboy Doom?

It's not a project of mine; It's from a PC port of an old iOS game called Bastards.

Aw, thanks. In the future do what Elend did above you and apply some context to the screenshots, otherwise people get the wrong idea. ;)

4 hours ago, Ed said:

Screenshot_Doom_20190724_232940.png.0ebf5b5ac86851021e359c136ddc27fb.png

Putrefier remaster WIP. Cleared most of the game-play related things, added some new areas and inter-room connectivity, bug-fixes, and fixed so, so many misaligned textures. Replacing all of the vertex slope thing entities with actual vertex z height definitions. It's a pretty major overhaul. Lots of new textures, demoing whole areas, clearing space for easier movement.

Whoah! That's something. Awesome!

Interesting reflection from the Soulsphere in GZDoom with dynamic lighting and paletted tonemap mode. The pattern also expands in a trippy way as the sphere glows.

59D83156298C81A800B3CFED870AD5A622998B5E

A quick before and after of the revamped MAP07 of Depths 2:

BEFORE that I made in September 2018: (186 [I think] monsters on UV, 1 secret, par time 7:00)

580873a0c1efb46ef03ff8070bc63696.jpg

AFTER that I made in July 2019: (480 monsters on UV, 8 secrets, par time 15:00)

9e61978a44ea0566cf942569bbee594b.png

Both maps use Dead Simple triggers. The new one uses a few extras too, like some extra actions on Arachnotron death and one triggered by the Cyberdemon's death.

14 hours ago, ShadowTheDemon said:

Something I've tried to do:

Doombuilder.png.c384d0f474fe02292af4687dadb670ae.png

I hope you fixed your misalignments in this place, by giving upper and lower unpegged here. 

In my opinion how doom does lighting is slightly retarded. Took me 4 hours to get this room done with proper, even lighting. And it still isnt even done:

Dqr41Or.png

But what do you mean with „even“ lighting? That‘d be as easy as having all sectors the same brightness. Don‘t do that. Mix it up. A bit of dark here, a bit brighter areas here. Finish! Easy lighting in Doom. :p

1 hour ago, elend said:

But what do you mean with „even“ lighting? That‘d be as easy as having all sectors the same brightness. Don‘t do that. Mix it up. A bit of dark here, a bit brighter areas here. Finish! Easy lighting in Doom. :p

Thats what it is, the problem is (And I dont think I'll explain it right) that you have to have the same value of brightness in the editor, even though it might not look right. I always make it look right in the editor when its not. And I meant Evenlighting as in the MAPIFNO value. Maybe I'm doing things wrong and maybe I didnt explain it right but it was annoying to fix nevertheless.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:18 AM, Misty said:

I hope you fixed your misalignments in this place, by giving upper and lower unpegged here. 

Yes I have.

That looks really amazing. I love how distinct the shapes in the first two pictures are, even though the whole screenshot is basically the same texture. Amazing what you can do with light.