gatewatcher

Do you like slipknot?

Do you like slipknot?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like slipknot?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don\'t Know

no. in my opinion they suck. to me they sound like they wanna be death metal, but want to make money so they don't do it. their masks suck to.

I've heard like one song of theirs, and that was when I was in high school last year. So, I'm not really sure if I like them or not. I don't listen to much metal. I did like the song I heard, though.

the indie album 'mate feed kill repeat' was pretty cool, i don't care for their commercialized stuff as much

MaCvILeWhOrE said:

Slipknot isn't even real metal, its just nu-metal ass crap, IF ANYONE SAYS SLIPKNOT IS REAL METAL THEY WILL HAVE TO SUFFER MY WRATH kthx.

couldn't have siad it any better MaC

Some of their songs are OK, but most of it is shit.

Stone Sour on the other hand aren't all that bad (Corey Taylor's other band for those who don't know).

Yes I do, although its true that they arent real metal, and arent especially talented. I still like them though.

They know their grooves and back when they emerged the idea with the three drummers was fresh. While their masks and boiler suits are just a gimmick it is an exceptionally cool one. They also showed that new breed (or nu-metal as it is called know) could in fact be just as brutal as any other metal genre. Slipknot has also shown on their next album that they are able to create diverse songs.

Still i miss the pure craziness and the electronic notions of the first album.

Their lyrics are stupid and silly, but they are performed with such a vigor and enthusiasm that you have to give it up and shout along such poetic genius as:

"Fuck it all! Fuck this shit!"
"Fuck everything that you stand for!"
"Don't belong! Don't exist!"
"Don't give a shit!"
"Don't ever judge me!"

The angst can hardly be thicker.

So, well, I guess I like them though I am much more to System of a Down and Deftones when it comes to new breed.

Bah humbug. They're so-so.

People who listen to Slipknot and think they're really really heavy should have large doses of Anal Cunt and Strapping Young Lad thrown at them.

They have like, 3 decent songs, but the rest are total shit.

MaCvILeWhOrE said:

Slipknot isn't even real metal, its just nu-metal ass crap, IF ANYONE SAYS SLIPKNOT IS REAL METAL THEY WILL HAVE TO SUFFER MY WRATH kthx.

OMG REAL METAL IS TEH BEST LOLOLOL

Don't start with your "real metal" crap. What is "real metal" then?

OMG NU METAL SUX LOLOLOL

Shut the fuck up. You listen to your music, you don't hear me telling you that your music choice sucks, so don't try and do that to others, it's just fucking stupid.

ZarcyB said:

OMG REAL METAL IS TEH BEST LOLOLOL

Don't start with your "real metal" crap. What is "real metal" then?

OMG NU METAL SUX LOLOLOL

Shut the fuck up. You listen to your music, you don't hear me telling you that your music choice sucks, so don't try and do that to others, it's just fucking stupid.

Totally correct.

i listen to them once. they got real old real fast. i had a Cd a friend gave me, it now sits rusting and collecting dust in its special corner of hell

i used to have no opinion of them... until i downloaded a bunch of their mp3s... OH MAN DO THEY SUCK!

i despise Slipknot... any mall-rock for that matter (Linkin Park, etc)

Opulent said:

Is that the group that does that Ketchup song?

o_0! throws tomato @ Opulent

Black Void said:

They're so untalented - Slipknot takes 9 people to do what somebody like Coal Chamber can do with 4.

Yes; Coal Chamber with their one decent album, one mediocre one... and i've yet to hear 'Darkest Days'.

Admittedly i stayed away from Slipknot for the first few months, thinking that their masks, boilersuits and numbers were a plain gimmick - and it is. Luckily, they have music to back themselves up.

Admittedly they could do without 3 members, musically : Their percussionists Shawn and Chris, and Sid the DJ. However, as much as Clown (Shawn) irritates me, he co-founded the band, ploughed a lot of money into them and helps build the sets, so his support outside of his *ahem* musical abilities can be justified.

I've never seen them live, either, so it's hardly the attraction of on-stage defecation and vomiting that made me a fan. Rather, it was the darker tracks such as 'Prosthetics', 'Scissors' and later 'Iowa', tho there's not a track on either of their mainstream albums that i don't like. I've heard most of 'Mate, Kill...', and was mildly impressed (though the song 'Slipknot' is bloody awful). How it can be described as 'indie' i don't know.

Some complain about fans liking the band for the image. Those who do complain tend to hate them for the image. I'm sure that if they were a mere 6-piece devoid of masks and uniforms, they'd be more readily accepted by such folk.

Opulent said:

Is that the group that does that Ketchup song?

That is actually a very good song.

Bah. Linkin Park isn't "mall-rock", they were on fucking mp3.com for a couple of years before they ever became popular. They may be a teenybopper band now, but that doesn't make their (bad-fucking-ass) music any worse.

Liam the Bard said:

the indie album 'mate feed kill repeat' was pretty cool, i don't care for their commercialized stuff as much

Yeah, I say they ditch Corey and bring back Anders.

I much prefer "nu-metal" over 80's style metal (which in my opinion is crap), but I'm afraid I hate Slipknot.