Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

New mobile ports (iOS, Andriod)

So Doom and Doom 2 are now on iOS again as well as being on Android. I’m having a hell of a time trying to shoot the baddies since turning is combined with shooting for some reason. 

In addition to what you said, I don't know if it's my tablet is slow or something, but I have to double tap slowly in order to trigger auto-fire. It adds to the difficulty of using these ports.

My phone from 2017 "isn't compatible with classic Doom".

Well done 10/10

Also it doesn't appear on the store, I had to open a direct link to it, so even if it was compatible it'd tell me that it's not available in my region, it's like the world hates latin america or something.

bruh moment.png

On 7/27/2019 at 1:26 PM, TheSuperSteve said:

In addition to what you said, I don't know if it's my tablet is slow or something, but I have to double tap slowly in order to trigger auto-fire. It adds to the difficulty of using these ports.

Yeah I discovered this as well. There's a very slow tempo you have to learn to get auto-fire to actually work.

In any case, I'm ecstatic that Doom's actually on iPhone again and had to have a run-through of E1 real quick. Thank you for the heads up!

3 minutes ago, DiaBomb said:

My Samsung S5 running android 6.0.1 isn't compatible.

Capture.PNG.1c2b8983a409c86e310a15bf11d5eac9.PNG

I guess that answers it:Capture.PNG.ce5795faba138b8d8f1aa0bc42212ef0.PNG

On 7/27/2019 at 6:26 PM, YukiHerz said:

it's like the world hates latin america or something.

If this is true... (which seems it is) that's sad, very sad :'(

On 7/28/2019 at 1:11 PM, Graf Zahl said:

The phone being from 2017 doesn't tell much. What OS version are you running?

7.something, lol.

I've been using this exclusively for a while now, has everything you could ever want in a Doom port, except the retail iwads. It Has 4 versions of GZDoom for compatibility.  Zandronum, Chocolate Doom, Doom Retro and PRBoom+.  It runs on older devices and is very small in file size versus the Bethesda versions.  It features every setting imaginable so you can run almost any mod or wad.  With older versions of Android it has controller compatibility, and some of the best touch controls with gyro support.  On 8.0 or above it has keyboard and mouse support.  Loading mods and wads is easy through the interface, it's like having a launcher built in.  I've put it on all my devices, and possibly my Switch soon now that you can load Android on it, and each one it works great!  My Chromebook is stuck on Android 7.1.1, and has an older chip, so I stick with the older versions of GZDoom and PRBoom+ and play with a controller.  I do encourage you to try the touch controls, they have every setting imaginable, and are quite good.

This is Delta Touch with Brutal Doom and Maps of Chaos.  Your phone would be able to run this.