Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wobbo

Israelis training Americans and why it sucks

Why was my thread about Isreal's training of the American army posthelled? If it is a policy not to post news articles/editorials then i didnt know about it and a lot of other peole have gotten away with it! I thought it was a very important issue and im sure many other people would agree.

anyhow, complying with Arioch's intention i wont cut and paste the article, ill just simplify the issue into 3 debate bullet-points as short as i possibly can

- Its not working for the Jews! Rememeber that they are hurt just as much as everyone else as they are subjected to terrorist attacks and are forced to live in a police state. Is this what we want to have happen to us?

- We dont want to violate human rights and international law! Even if the lives of innocent people are of no concern to you, remember that the US is watched even more closly by other nations that Isreal is. We could seriously face having a bad realtionship with others if we allow this to happen

- Like the sanctions, Gulf War, and attempts to commit genocide, we will only STRENGTHEN saddam!- If your really concerned with an evil dictator, dont feed into his mindset and justify his evil! If Isreal trains Us troops in "low intensity warfare" - terrorism - think about what the actual people of Iraq might think of us!

Wobbo

Understand: The killings must proceed. There is no other way.

Perhaps we even get a chance to gloat at people being nuked. :)

BTW, the United Nations is a sad joke, don't you agree?

Thread title edited so that we won't have people screaming "PRIVATE MESSAGE" in your face.

I've always wondered why they couldn't just have hostile leaders hunted down and knifed in their sleep. Real quick and quiet-like, would save a lot of trouble and money in the long term.

But then, it becomes state-sanctioned murder and sets a dangerous precident for all sides of a conflict, real or imagined.

So the U.S. is the bad guy if we do things the enemy's way. The U.S. is the bad guy if we do things the quick-and-quiet way. And the U.S. is the bad guy if we do things the "legitimate and straightforward" way. Catch-22.

IMJack said:

So the U.S. is the bad guy if we do things the enemy's way. The U.S. is the bad guy if we do things the quick-and-quiet way. And the U.S. is the bad guy if we do things the "legitimate and straightforward" way. Catch-22.

I agree. I've gotten to the point where I just ignore the "your country sucks" soap-box posts on the Internet. It's like the U.S. might as well start nuking everybody if they think we are so bad. They have no idea what damage the U.S. could REALLY do if we were as evil as other countries claimed. The middle-east would be nothing but a pile of molten green glass if we lived up to the labels other nations gave us...

I think there is an underlying discussion here.

The problem is that the Israel/Palestina conflict is not simply one of a violent seperatist group, like the ETA in Spain. If it was just this I would be all for harsh measures, assassinations and all to remove such a threat. The problem is that we are also dealing with a whole ethnic group that right at the moment has no legitimate place to live. They are unwanted in Israel. The neighbouring countries like Jordan or Syria are unable to handle the strain of the fugitives either.

Israel's policy seems (together with the terrorist counter-measures that I do not disagree with) to be one of a siege. This might seem a little brutal and counterproductive, since it gives nurture to the feeling of inferiority that seems to be one of the reasons behind the palestinians rioting like they do. Still Israel is desperate to stop the atrocities committed on it's population.

What complicates the matter even further is the israeli settlements. From and anti-terror perspective these have no apparent function. In fact they increase terror by annoying the locals. It seems like a slap in the face of the palestinian population. They are unable to travel outside their besieged refugee camps while the Israeli is allowed to sieze property for their own use within the Palestinian sectors.

The problem that Wobbo sees with the US move to adopt Israeli strategies is that this could be seen as an approval of Israeli policies as a whole.

Even if you are against the formation of a palestinian state you still have a problem: Where are those people supposed to live then? Israel is barred for solving the problem with an Endlösung due to obvious historical issues (Sharon might have the public support, but not THAT big a public support).

honestly we should slip in a team to kill off sadam and a few of his higher ups. that would save many lives, bush want to give the economy a push and a war does that. honestly i think there are other places were we should focus our attention to. but isn't it all about the oil in the end?

FirebrandX said:

I agree. I've gotten to the point where I just ignore the "your country sucks" soap-box posts on the Internet. It's like the U.S. might as well start nuking everybody if they think we are so bad. They have no idea what damage the U.S. could REALLY do if we were as evil as other countries claimed. The middle-east would be nothing but a pile of molten green glass if we lived up to the labels other nations gave us...

(Shakes head vigorously)
Granted, USA has one of the best people in the world. Lets face it, Americans are genuinely friendly and extremely helpful people. It is a shame that they are subjugated in terms of asserting their individual opinion by "chicken hawks". These include the powerful Jewish Lobby behind every Bush move, the fucking Vice President DICK CHENEY (who sorrounds himself with a right wing Jewish lobby), the grossly opinionated and influenced media, and most of all, oblivion. Firebrand, when you say something like that, don't you ever consider humanity as a whole. Have you ever been to one of these countries and seen the poverty, the disease, the depression, and the "state" of the people? The people of Iraq are in this impoverished state because of two prime reasons, sanctions and themselves(they act like idiots sometimes). DO NOT believe everything you see or hear on TV, by both the American media or otherwise, because they are powerful forces at hand. You never know which political figure is a puppet to another force.
The biggest enemy is not religion or merely territorial, it is the ignorance of the actual predicament AND because of misunderstanding. There is so much hate for the USA in the middle east and almost all of it is not justified. Lets not allow ourselves to be part of that same hate.

Ugh. Either way, everyone loses. Why bother? There really is no point to these conflicts except to boost political ratings. They're wrong, we're wrong. Who isn't?

"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"

(I can't remember who said that line, found it while reading Alpha Centauri tutorials)

Sephiroth said:

honestly we should slip in a team to kill off sadam and a few of his higher ups. that would save many lives,

So it's quite ok for some Iraqi's to assasinate Bush? You won't be claiming "Foul"? Good...Jesus man you lot are STILL moaning about Kennedy!

[MOD] They're welcome to try. Shrub hasn't had half the attempts on his life that Clinton had. Cheney's been sitting in a cave since September '01, twiddling his thumbs and waiting for Georgie Porgie to die symbolically.

And the only ones still sensitive about Kennedy are the people of Dallas. Trust me, I know. [/MOD]

fodders said:

So it's quite ok for some Iraqi's to assasinate Bush? You won't be claiming "Foul"?

If it means we'll get a new, slightly less Adolf Hitler-esque President, I say go for it. :D

DooMBoy said:

If it means we'll get a new, slightly less Adolf Hitler-esque President, I say go for it. :D

With offense, anyone who compares Bush to Hitler like that is a moron.

I don't like this thread. Hence: closed. And some people really need to watch out giving their, um, "political opinion" here, before I ban their racist ass. Take this discussion elsewhere, please. Meaning: there will not be any new threads about this on these forums, or else.