Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robo_Cola

Doom-Slayer HUB ideas

So now that a HUB in Doom Eternal has been leaked, what purpose do you think it would serve?

Personally I'd like to see something like Brutal Doom's "Test map" where you can analyze all the different monsters and weapons in detail along with a practice "survival mode" similar to Skulltag's invasion mode.  You'd pick a certain map (ie hellmap, tech-base, planetary, Sentinel Prime, etc.) and have to fight off infinite waves of demons while the map expands every few waves.  A shooting range would be awesome too.

This would create a good change of pace in between maps or just when you need something new.  What are your guys thoughts?

Probably some easter eggs referencing Doom related stuff.

Like a bowl of waffle cereal as a nod to Chex Quest.

Or a picture of BJ and Commander Keen.

Or a poster of Crash from Quake 3.

A few articles were made with this response.  They're paraphrasing Hugo when they say "hub."  It just sounds like we may have something to do on the side of the campaign.

11 hours ago, jjbluesam said:

Maybe it's just the cod zombie fan in me speaking, but I'd kill for an infinite waves mode. 

Same, I have a feeling some people would buy the game just for that reason alone.

I made a post about this just a few threads down.  I think it will be kinda a place where the players can take a break inbetween missions.  Maybe even have a place to perfect their skills and platforming and engage in battlemode/invasions.  It will also be a virtual codex of sorts.

I think it takes place on Sentinel Vista from the "new features video" with the green doggo.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:26 PM, jjbluesam said:

Maybe it's just the cod zombie fan in me speaking, but I'd kill for an infinite waves mode. 

Having a mode like this where you have to earn new weapons and perks by finding them or killing enough demons would be amazing. I remember playing a COD zombies snap map and wishing that it became an official mode.

One thing I would love to see is the return of Daisy, and maybe you could pet her and have her own little thrown next to Doomguy's.

If she's still dead, maybe her own shrine you could visit and pay respects to?

I like the idea , I wonder if it will be in a similar vein to Mortal Kombats Krypt?