Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cire

Zauberer

2 hours ago, Cire said:

Thanks a lot! No problem, I completely understand.

Thanks man. Do you know anyone who's good at sprites or should I ask around the BD discord?

You're welcome! Well, regarding sprites and such, we've had a few submissions earlier on, but not sure of anyone right now. Not sure what BD stands for here, but you're more than welcome to ask around on Discord etc.

Just now, Cire said:

You're welcome! Well, regarding sprites and such, we've had a few submissions earlier on, but not sure of anyone right now. Not sure what BD stands for here, but you're more than welcome to ask around on Discord etc.

I'll ask around on the Brutal Doom discord. Should be able to find someone. We'll also need replacements for Baratus, Parias, and Daedolon name and appearance wise

Great, do that, thanks. Yeah, sure. Raymoohawk had some ideas for that earlier on in the thread, and even began doing sprite replacements for them, though he's not Active anymore I Believe.

4 hours ago, Cire said:

Great, do that, thanks. Yeah, sure. Raymoohawk had some ideas for that earlier on in the thread, and even began doing sprite replacements for them, though he's not Active anymore I Believe.

How do you set a door to need keys

How do you make a door to begin with I always just used teleporters and walls you could walk through

I woke up from my hibernation and made a frame for the Fléchette (psbga0). I need to make more frames for the actual explosion.

psbga0.png.b667281ee2d47d8796483283385691f4.pngpsbga0-big.png.7f5cc371a8c60b9a60cb52f81069d739.png

Huh... Never realized their was that much of people to want a uh... Freedoom equiv. of Heretic and now Hexen… Might look into it though I never knew what it was until this pinned post on the forums.
Though I must say what is next in the odd small line of the games in the 90s that has been published by ID? A Strife: Quest for the Sigil-Freedoom equivalent called... "Freeing From Evil Conflict: Path of The Armageddawn Artifacts" or something like that? :P

On 2/17/2021 at 3:51 PM, Breadbunbun said:

Is this place dead?

Pretty much. It's only really FreeDOOM that has a lot of activity, the rest don't seem to attract much.

On 3/20/2021 at 4:14 PM, Duke of Pathoris said:

Pretty much. It's only really FreeDOOM that has a lot of activity, the rest don't seem to attract much.

Well. I see activity on blasphemer still. But seems this project ended. Which is unfortunate.

10 hours ago, Breadbunbun said:

Well. I see activity on blasphemer still. But seems this project ended. Which is unfortunate.

Good to see the progress on blasphemer. I would like to see talented modders flooding to Blasphemer and Zauberer.

What is the current state of zauberer?

36 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

where can i download the latest experimental version of zauberer?

I think you have to build the wad, but I can't find how on the GitHub page or the Doomwiki, IDK

6 hours ago, omalefico32x said:

where can i download the latest experimental version of zauberer?

I have it, probably Cire too (he puts it together). I'll post it here later today after I get some zzz...

On 9/21/2017 at 11:58 AM, Voros said:

Ok, the placeholder PWAD is in the link above but I can't get it running anymore in Chocolate Hexen. Perhaps it works in some older version or there was some tweeks needed I have forgotten. I also have a version with a splash screen but that crashes the program. It's been a while but I seem to remember that some fake IWAD file was needed as well: https://github.com/Voros2/zauberer-iwad/raw/master/hexen.wad

Anyhow, what assets we have is here:

https://github.com/CireG/Zauberer

https://github.com/Voros2/zauberer-iwad

Edit:

What does work is a short map we have, but you wont see our assets in it:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/hexen/g-i/ipri001

Edited by Snakecharmer : map link

I noticed the license on Voros repo is different than on CireG. They are basically compatible, but I feel should be identical to blasphemers and freedooms. It looks like blasphemer copy and pasted freedooms, renaming project in the title.

Zauberer could very quickly become a playable iwad if it shared placeholder resources with blasphemer and freedoom's attic. Over time and as more resources are submitted, a duplicate resource used in both iwads would move to the more appropriate iwad.

Eventually both iwads would have entirely distinct material.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:10 PM, Catoptromancy said:

I noticed the license on Voros repo is different than on CireG. They are basically compatible, but I feel should be identical to blasphemers and freedooms. It looks like blasphemer copy and pasted freedooms, renaming project in the title.

Yeah, fact is I just set up my own repo to collect stuff that have been worked on to keep them separate from what's just ideas. The license for that may even be a third variety. It's hard to grasp the differences and legal implications between similar looking free licenses, but I know the MIT license is used widely.

https://github.com/Gapstare/zauberer-snakecharmer

Using placeholder resources from other projects is a good idea, but I'm a bit clueless as how to make that happen. At the moment I have resumed work on explosion sprites for the flechette.

Edited by Snakecharmer : More on licensing

Since the licenses are nearly the same, it would be useful to just copy and paste Freedoom's or Blasphemer's. No question in sharing resources.  Ive seen three zauberer repos that are all different, not just forks...with different licenses. Freedoom and Blasphemer can easily share resources because of the identical license. Maybe this isnt really an issue, but its consistent. Doom engine replacement iwads sharing same license would be nice. 

Making placeholders is easy, but time consuming. I open a Slade with iwad I want to replicate. Then just compare resource available to resource to be replaced. Garoyles, afrits, and lost souls are small and fly, easy replacements for each other. Go frame by frame and match animation rotations, and reuse or use certain rotation for attacks. There is a lot of renaming and copy and pasting of resources. Same with textures and sounds but even easier. 

To make it happen you need deutex, a Makefile, and wadinfo. 

Edited by Catoptromancy

You're right, it's easier if like-minded projects use a similar license. I copied the license from Freedoom and changed all mentions of Freedoom to Zauberer.

When I have time, will grab a monster and some flats and  textures to make a test map. Not sure zauberer ever had a playable map.

Would also be a good idea to have all zauberer resources in one location. Create extra directories not used for building the wad to keep the art work or other stuff. Downloading 3 repos(that I know of) for various resources for the same project is tedious. When all resources are in the same repo, people can still easily keep up with their forks and pull request when they have new material.

Might be even better to use an attic system where all resources not directly used for building the iwad are placed. Would be on the same github page and can be pull requested or submitted to. An attic will eventually be needed if resources are replaced, and they need to be easily found later.

Edited by Catoptromancy

Great! As for maps we have Ice Prison https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/hexen/g-i/ipri001

Perhaps not the most exciting of maps but it's something.

I agree with you, but another reason for me to make my own repo is that as far as I know I'm the only one working on this now. This way I can commit to the repo when I have something rather than make pull requests to the official repo that sits unmerged for years. I think this is better than having stuff lost when my harddrive goes belly up 🙂 Voros2's repo was mostly about having assets in BMP format I think.

Hi. I was able to download and play Freedoom and Blasphemer using Gzdoom. But I can't find where to download the IWAD file to play Zauberer.
I found two links to GitHub, with the mention of Zauberer, https://github.com/Voros2/zauberer-iwad, https://github.com/CireG/Zauberer but did not figure out where the Zauberer IWAD file is.
Please give me the link for the Zauberer IWAD file if it exists.