Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

New Doom port cheevo lists

Ultimate Doom:

Completionist (Unlock all trophies in DOOM) (Platinum)
Knee-Deep in the Dead (Beat all the levels in "Knee-Deep in the Dead") (Gold)
The Shores of Hell (Beat all the levels in "The Shores of Hell") (Gold)
Inferno (Beat all the levels in "Inferno") (Gold)
Thy Flesh Consumed (Beat all the levels in "Thy Flesh Consumed") (Gold)
I'm the Man! (Beat DOOM in under 2 hours) (Silver)
Rookie (Get 25 kills in deathmatch) (Bronze)
Showstopper (Get 100 kills in deathmatch) (Silver)
Not So Bad (Beat every level on Nightmare in co-operative mode) (Gold)
Guns Are For Wusses (Get 25 kills with your fists in a single level) (Bronze)
Groovy (Get 3 multi-kills with the shotgun) (Bronze)
Shoot It Until It Dies (Finish off a Cyberdemon with the pistol) (Gold)
Cookin' With Plasma (Kill 5 enemies in 5 seconds with the plasma rifle) (Bronze)
Overkill (Kill only a single enemy with a shot from the BFG) (Bronze)
Timing Is Everything (Kill 2 enemies with a single barrel explosion) (Silver)
Doormat (Crush a corpse in a door) (Silver)
Untouchable (Finish a level with 200% armor and 200% health) (Silver)
It's a Secret (Find a secret level) (Silver)
Not a Very Good Secret (Find all the secret levels) (Gold)
Headhunter (Kill one of every enemy) (Gold)

Doom 2:

Completionist (Unlock all trophies in DOOM 2) (Platinum)
The Space Station (Beat all the space station levels (episodes 1-11)) (Gold)
The City (Beat all the city levels (episodes 12-20)) (Gold)
Hell (Beat all the hell levels (episodes 21-30)) (Gold)
The Master Levels (Beat all the Master Levels) (Gold)
I'm Superbad! (Beat DOOM 2 in under 2 hours) (Silver)
Butcher (Get 25 kills in deathmatch) (Bronze)
Glorious (Get 100 kills in deathmatch) (Silver)
When I'm With You (Beat every level on Nightmare in co-operative mode) (Gold)
Until It Is Done (Get 100 chainsaw kills) (Bronze)
Heavenly Joy (Shoot 200 bullets consecutively with the machine gun) (Bronze)
Bad Monster! (Kill yourself and an enemy with your own rocket explosion) (Bronze)
Skeet Shooting (Kill 4 enemies in 1 shot with the super shotgun) (Bronze)
Superior Firepower (Kill 12 enemies in one shot with the BFG) (Gold)
That Can't Be Good (Take damage from an environmental hazard) (Silver)
Not So Friendly Fire (Cause an enemy to kill another enemy) (Silver)
Slip of the Finger (Kill a teammate in co-operative multiplayer) (Silver)
It's a Secret (Find a secret level) (Silver)
Not a Very Good Secret (Find all the secret levels) (Gold)
Indiscriminate (Kill one of every enemy) ()

Doom 3:

Ultimate DOOMer (Earn all 45 Trophies) (Platinum)
DOOMed Recruit (Complete the DOOM 3 campaign on Recruit) (Bronze)
DOOMed Marine (Complete the DOOM 3 campaign on Marine) (Silver)
DOOMed Veteran (Complete the DOOM 3 campaign on Veteran) (Silver)
DOOMed Nightmare (Complete the DOOM 3 campaign on Nightmare) (Gold)
DOOMed Collector (Collect every PDA in DOOM 3) (Silver)
I Like to Watch (Find all video logs in DOOM 3) (Bronze)
That was Close! (Kill an enemy with 1 health remaining in DOOM 3, RoE, or Lost Mission) (Silver)
Goody Finder (Open all storage lockers in DOOM 3) (Silver)
Unarmed Badass (Kill 20 enemies with the fists/melee hands in DOOM 3) (Bronze)
To Be or Not to Be (Kill the scientist trapped next to the Reactor Control Room in DOOM 3) (Bronze)
Double the Fun! (Kill 2 Imps with one shotgun blast in DOOM 3, RoE, or Lost Mission) (Bronze)
Killing time (Score 25000 on Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3 in DOOM 3 or RoE) (Bronze)
Boomtastic (Blow up 50 barrels in the DOOM 3, RoE, or Lost Mission campaigns) (Bronze)
Ready for Action! (Get the BFG-9000 from Security Chief's office in DOOM 3) (Bronze)
Not a Scratch (Complete a level without taking any damage in DOOM 3, RoE, or Lost Mission (except Mars City)) (Silver)
RAGE (Find the RAGE logo in the Lost Mission) (Bronze)
Speed Run (Complete the DOOM 3 campaign in 10 hours or less) (Silver)
Sticky Situation (Defeat the Vagary boss in DOOM 3) (Bronze)
Cookie Stealer (Defeat Guardian boss in DOOM 3) (Bronze)
You're Not My Boss! (Defeat Sabaoth boss in DOOM 3) (Bronze)
Big Boy (Defeat Cyberdemon boss in DOOM 3) (Bronze)
Bot Buddy (Keep a Sentry Bot alive to its destination in DOOM 3, RoE, or Lost Mission (except Mars City)) (Bronze)
Ripped! (Use the chainsaw to kill 20 enemies in DOOM 3) (Bronze)
All of Us (Find the id logo secret room in DOOM 3) (Bronze)
You Laugh, It Works (Find the bloody handiwork of Betruger (in Delta 4 Hallway) in DOOM 3) (Bronze)
Turncoat (Get 2 demons to fight each other in DOOM 3, RoE, or Lost Mission) (Bronze)
Soulfood (Use the Soul Cube to defeat 20 enemies in DOOM 3) (Bronze)
Evil Recruit (Complete the RoE campaign on Recruit) (Bronze)
Evil Marine (Complete the RoE campaign on Marine) (Silver)
Evil Veteran (Complete the RoE campaign on Veteran) (Silver)
Evil Nightmare (Complete the RoE campaign on Nightmare) (Gold)
Evil Collector (Collect every PDA in the RoE campaign) (Bronze)
Too Slow, Fool! (Kill 5 enemies at once while in Hell Time in RoE) (Bronze)
Gimme Time! (Defeat the Helltime Hunter in RoE) (Bronze)
Gimme Power! (Defeat the Berserk Hunter in RoE) (Bronze)
Shocking! (Defeat the Invulnerability Hunter in RoE) (Bronze)
Eat This! (Defeat the Maledict boss in RoE) (Bronze)
Play Catch (Kill 20 enemies with projectiles launched from the Grabber in RoE) (Bronze)
Fists of Fury (Use the Artifact with Berserk ability to punch out 20 enemies in RoE) (Bronze)
Lost Recruit (Complete the Lost Mission campaign on Recruit) (Bronze)
Lost Marine (Complete the Lost Mission campaign on Marine) (Silver)
Lost Veteran (Complete the Lost Mission campaign on Veteran) (Silver)
Lost Nightmare (Complete the Lost Mission campaign on Nightmare) (Gold)
Lost Collector (Collect every PDA in the Lost Mission campaign) (Bronze)

Much more in-depth than the XBLA Doom achievement list. Good that they put in the effort.

Hopefully people play deathmatch enough down the road to make those achievements doable. I remember waiting for over an hour for a lobby in XBLA.

20 minutes ago, DuckReconMajor said:

Much more in-depth than the XBLA Doom achievement list. Good that they put in the effort.

Hopefully people play deathmatch enough down the road to make those achievements doable. I remember waiting for over an hour for a lobby in XBLA.

There is no online support, you have to play locally.

14 hours ago, Linguica said:

Also for the record "Shoot It Until It Dies" is now an official achievement for killing the Doom 1 Cyberdemon, meaning my fake protip meme image has come full circle to being actually real.

Holy shit I had no idea you did this. I am one of those who thought it was a real magazine scan

15 hours ago, Linguica said:

Also for the record "Shoot It Until It Dies" is now an official achievement for killing the Doom 1 Cyberdemon, meaning my fake protip meme image has come full circle to being actually real.

I'm starting to dislike Bethesda/id's attempts at being cool while delivering low-quality non-desktop ports.

18 hours ago, Linguica said:

Doom 2:

Heavenly Joy (Shoot 200 bullets consecutively with the machine gun)

Is this a typo? Did the person writing this achievement description think it was for Doom 3?

18 hours ago, Linguica said:

I saw that on the list and thought "Oh dear, Linguica is gonna get a kick out out of that!"

I like the nightmare trophies, will give incentive to drag my brother in and play couch coop.

The decals being the pixels I was referring to. They're what tells you that this was made with a source port, therefore long after Doom was released, therefore it couldn't have been part of a gaming magazine's review.

I'd seen those but I assumed this was a publication so out of touch they were badly giving Doom 1 hints years later. Using ZDoom was just an added touch to the hilarity.

22 hours ago, Linguica said:

It's been an achievement for about a decade as it was part of the original XBLA port for the 360.
And I'm explaining a bit of Doom knowledge to a long time Doomer. Eh, not even the weirdest thing I've done this year.

I thought it was @Linguica's meme itself which popularized the PROTIP: word. I saw it outside Doomworld's context. Maybe I'm speculating and it was enough from that games magazine for the phrase to catch on.

I guess I'm not hip... I assume Ling is being silly with these...or, does some port actually track these achievements and display them, somehow? And, is that something people would like to see in a source port? (especially in web multiplayer environments)

I suppose that some image appears on the screen: "Achievement! bla bla", which updates either a local file, or an online player account. I suppose it could be cool, if done right.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I see the XBox Achievements page, and the DoomWiki Achievements page. Is it worth tracking achievements in PC ports? It looks messy, as it depends on which WAD you are playing, meaning that it could be possible for map makers to add achievements in their maps, if the source port supports that kind of thing.

Again, thoughts?

Edited by kb1

I don't wanna come across as overly-snarky, but @kb1 -- you really don't know about achievements/trophies? How out-of-the-loop you gotta be, man? XD

10 minutes ago, Jayextee said:

I don't wanna come across as overly-snarky, but @kb1 -- you really don't know about achievements/trophies? How out-of-the-loop you gotta be, man? XD

Very out-of-the-loop, unfortunately. For me, internet access is limited to my work, currently. So, yeah, I'm pretty clueless about it. That's why I asked :)

At this point, I can't tell if the achievements are goofy, or something that's pretty cool. I could see them being interesting in a multiplayer web situation, where other's can see your achievements, but, in a local single-player, co-op, or even deathmatch mode, does anyone care?

Most of the achievements are single-shot: Once you get the achievement, it never appears again. If achievements reoccurred, I suppose some point system could be attached,, showing everyone that your Billy Badass. I guess that could be cool.

I don't see PWADs getting much achievement love. That's what bothers me about the whole approach. However, it could be possible to add achievements to PWADs, if the source port would read a lump...say ACHIEVE. This lump would let you define certain "alarms" that the source port would look for while you play. These alarms would trigger based on some condition: "Kill 2 monsters with a single barrel". The ACHIEVE script language would be a bit tricky - it would have to parse and understand lots of conditions, and the source port would have to be able to check for those conditions in real-time.

Now, that might be interesting. A lot of work, but interesting.

But, because I don't have any experience with the concept, I'm hoping that some people will comment, and maybe educate me on the subject. But, really, I just want to know if people find the idea interesting for PC ports

8 minutes ago, kb1 said:

At this point, I can't tell if the achievements are goofy, or something that's pretty cool. I could see them being interesting in a multiplayer web situation, where other's can see your achievements, but, in a local single-player, co-op, or even deathmatch mode, does anyone care?

It's pretty much the point that they're a mild 'bragging right' thing attached to one's online profile; for PSN (where it's "trophies") or XBox or Steam. Their usage depends on the game; some are meaningless and repetitive grinds, some are just mandatory landmarks as part of a normal game completion, some are legit challenges in their own right and actually-fun to chase.

As for including them in a source port? I'd personally be game, especially the ACHIEVE lump idea.

Achievements are hardcoded bits of fluff that get marked on a player's profile. They serve basically two purposes:

• For the players who care about this kind of things: bragging rights
    hmJrCzR.jpg
  • For the publishers: data about their players
    Generally, you'll get some extra easy achievement, like "started the game" to give you a basic figure of how many people among your customers have even bothered playing it (or at least, playing it with tracking active -- if you don't play the game with an active internet connection, they won't get stats from you) to give them a baseline for the other achievements. Then you get achievements for various steps of a game's full run, which tells interesting stuff about your game. For example, if you have 80% of the tracked players who arrive at the some point, but only 20% who get past that, it tells you you have a problem there, the game becomes too hard, or too boring, or something. Then you'll also generally have a few achievements that are ridiculously hard and grindy, just to get a stats about how many players are hardcore gamers with a completionist streak, looking to play and replay as long as they have a challenge left uncompleted. A good example of that is in Half-Life 2 where one of the achievements required grabbing a garden gnome from the start of the game, and carrying it from level to level until the end so as to put it in a rocket.

So what if you don't have a central repository of user profiles you can tie with these cheevos? Then they're pointless. That's the first problem about wanting them to be put in source ports. The second problem is, do we actually care about using such a system for bragging rights? I don't think so. What's the value in being able to say you've killed a cyberdemon? Well, so did everyone else here. And besides, everyone else here also know how easy it is to cheat in Doom, so nothing tells us you got your cheevo "legit"... And finally, the third problem is, who would be interested in the userdata generated this way? Port authors don't need them.

I’m actually a little envious that @kb1 wasn’t aware of achievements/trophies. To be that blissfully unaware of this sort of stuff in modern gaming would be really nice sometimes.

43 minutes ago, Gez said:
1 hour ago, Jayextee said:

It's pretty much the point that they're a mild 'bragging right' thing attached to one's online profile; for PSN (where it's "trophies") or XBox or Steam. Their usage depends on the game; some are meaningless and repetitive grinds, some are just mandatory landmarks as part of a normal game completion, some are legit challenges in their own right and actually-fun to chase.

As for including them in a source port? I'd personally be game, especially the ACHIEVE lump idea.

Ok, that makes sense.

Achievements are hardcoded bits of fluff that get marked on a player's profile. They serve basically two purposes:

• For the players who care about this kind of things: bragging rights

Heh, got you. Competitiveness is the whole idea around Deathmatch - that was Romero's influence on Carmack, to let people kick each other's asses :) Good stuff.

• For the publishers: data about their players

See, I think that could translate to online ports, like Zandronum, as an example. I think your point about only 20% of players getting to a certain point could be helpful for mappers, so they can fix their maps. And the maintainers of the servers might get some use out of stats. I could see how it could be helpful.

So what if you don't have a central repository of user profiles you can tie with these cheevos? Then they're pointless. That's the first problem about wanting them to be put in source ports. The second problem is, do we actually care about using such a system for bragging rights? I don't think so. What's the value in being able to say you've killed a cyberdemon? Well, so did everyone else here. And besides, everyone else here also know how easy it is to cheat in Doom, so nothing tells us you got your cheevo "legit"... And finally, the third problem is, who would be interested in the userdata generated this way? Port authors don't need them.

I didn't mention my full idea. I've been thinking about Compatible Player files. The idea is that, if source port devs get on board, we could design a compatible player file format:

This file would probably be a PWAD, and it would include:

• Player's name
  • Optional Skins
  • Desired control setup, so if you like WASD, you can use WASD in each port you play, just by loading your Player file.
  • Other player options (always run, freelook, etc.)
  • Possibly:
  • Unique player identifier hash, from the server, tied and hashed with user login info
  • Achievements, encrypted, checksummed, and hashed with the unique player id

The user selects one of his/her player files (maybe the server has some default files to choose from). Then, the player locally customizes their player profile file. This file is sent back and forth, as needed to sync with the server and other clients.

Maybe the achievements stay on the server, in a database, or a folder with player files. This could work locally, or via internet.

What's cool about it is that, once you setup your player, you can use that profile everywhere you go, in every port you play. I think it's possible to store some of those achievements locally, encrypted in a way that would make it very difficult to hack. And, of course, if the server holds a copy, the achievements can be checked, and tampering can be detected. I'm not sure what the entire scope of it is, but I think it could be a cool thing to do.

Again, thoughts?

46 minutes ago, kb1 said:

Again, thoughts?

Take one look at the adoption rate of UDMF or UMAPINFO, and extrapolate from this how likely some Grand Unified Achievement Database would be to be a hit.

Besides, from a modder's perspective, it seems it would be much simpler anyway to use something like ACS to monitor the game state and trigger achievements when needed.

On 8/1/2019 at 7:16 PM, Linguica said:

So is it now a double-ascended meme since it also appeared in Doom 2016?

12 hours ago, Gez said:

A good example of that is in Half-Life 2 where one of the achievements required grabbing a garden gnome from the start of the game, and carrying it from level to level until the end so as to put it in a rocket.

Oh how I loathe that stupid gnome. The chapters with the car were the worst because the bastard wouldn't stay in the car!

I love that achievement. I wish the doom achievements were that creative