Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheDoomDude

I'm stuck. . .

So I'm playing through Doom 2 for the first time via Steam and I'm stuck on Map 2 at the part where your supposed to run into the brown building full of zombie men corpses but every time I try to run and jump the gap to enter the upper levels of the buildings I always fall short. Its like my doomguy just isn't fast enough to the jump the gap. Does anyone have any suggestions that could help me?

Alternatively I don't know if this exists on Steam's DooM II (Or more like the original game) but there was a keybind that allowed you to keep the running button on "true" (It was a CVAR called CL_Run or something).

Fix me If I am wrong though, haven't played "vanilla" DooM II since years ago, heh.

But while I'm still here I might as well ask another question. How do you enable the hud that shows Doomguy's face as well as health and ammo?

Thanks I started with the 2016 reboot. If it weren't for that I may not have given the game the light of day it deserves.

23 minutes ago, TheDoomDude said:

Thanks I started with the 2016 reboot. If it weren't for that I may not have given the game the light of day it deserves.

It's nice to see people getting into the doom community and thanks god you're not using the new ports for consoles

27 minutes ago, Mortrixs19 said:

It's nice to see people getting into the doom community and thanks god you're not using the new ports for consoles

x2

1 hour ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

Hold Shift to make him run faster.

You could even say it's Dead Simple....

6 hours ago, Master O said:

You could even say it's Dead Simple....

Were probably the next question will come up. :)

55 minutes ago, Maximum Matt said:

Shh don't spoil it for him

That's the trouble with all those tricks and traps. :)

10 hours ago, Archanhell said:

Alternatively I don't know if this exists on Steam's DooM II (Or more like the original game) but there was a keybind that allowed you to keep the running button on "true" (It was a CVAR called CL_Run or something).

Fix me If I am wrong though, haven't played "vanilla" DooM II since years ago, heh.

There is an option called "always run" in vanilla Doom's setup as far as I recall, which does exactly what it says. I'm not sure if it can be toggled in-game, though.

1 hour ago, theDia said:

That's the trouble with all those tricks and traps. :)

These jokes are the Living End.

12 hours ago, TheDoomDude said:

So I'm playing through Doom 2 for the first time via Steam and I'm stuck on Map 2 at the part where your supposed to run into the brown building full of zombie men corpses but every time I try to run and jump the gap to enter the upper levels of the buildings I always fall short. Its like my doomguy just isn't fast enough to the jump the gap. Does anyone have any suggestions that could help me?

What level are you now on since then?

2 hours ago, Chewyninja69 said:

These puns are fuel for my Perfect Hatred.

This is all just Barrels o' Fun.

1 minute ago, DoomedFox said:

I bet this will be a nice Gauntlet of puns. 

This thread is quickly plunging into The Chasm.

Yeah, the Steam versions are garbo. High-key recommend a decent source port. 

Also, this thread has become Hell On Earth.

7 hours ago, MFG38 said:

There is an option called "always run" in vanilla Doom's setup as far as I recall, which does exactly what it says. I'm not sure if it can be toggled in-game, though.

Just wanna mythbust here: no there isn't.

There's the joyb_speed hack, but this isn't a thing available through the setup; Chocolate DOOM though, does include an autorun toggle in its setup program, probably where the confusion arose.

4 minutes ago, Jayextee said:

Just wanna mythbust here: no there isn't.

There's the joyb_speed hack, but this isn't a thing available through the setup; Chocolate DOOM though, does include an autorun toggle in its setup program, probably where the confusion arose.

Well, it's been more than a decade since I touched vanilla Doom. My mistake.

41 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

Well, it's been more than a decade since I touched vanilla Doom. My mistake.

At least not a mistake like new port Wolfenstein

11 hours ago, Master O said:

What level are you now on since then?

I'm on the one where your in the city but so far I'm kinda lost on where to go. As most buildings are unable to be accessed from the ground level. I have yet to find any of the keycards. Also the reason I haven't responded in 24 hours is because I hit my max post limit.