Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

So, I had this one wad that I wanted to do a bunch on ambitious stuff with back in January, but due to lack of knowledge on making maps and scripts (I avoided Slade); I completely gave up the entire idea, until now. I went back into the wad recently and thought "Sheesh, if the map layout was any more square; I'd be in Wolf 3d". So, should I expand upon/improve everything about this current version; Or should I start from scratch?

EDIT: I know for a fact my mapping skills have improved tenfold from what they were 8 months ago, and I'm now working with GZDoom Builder, which should give me a considerable amount of freedom; Compared to my out-dated version of DB. One last thing; I will be releasing this wad once I'm finished with it. :^)

D2AM.png

Edited by Memerz1 : Needed to give a bit more context

22 hours ago, ShadowTheDemon said:

How do you make eye candy like that??

By promising your first born child to Satan....

I made a map as "an experiment" about a year ago I guess.. and it had to do with 3dfloors, heh, in udmf..

I guess there's a max of around 8000 units even though it should have been around 10,000 high..?

Anyways i'll put a pic up, (not much to look at yet, (but somewhere to go)); or the map, if anyone wants to see what they could do with it. :)

Oh and, holy fuck a lot of these pics are amazing btw! ;)

26 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

I made a map as "an experiment" about a year ago I guess.. and it had to do with 3dfloors, heh, in udmf..

I guess there's a max of around 8000 units even though it should have been around 10,000 high..?

Anyways i'll put a pic up, (not much to look at yet, (but somewhere to go)); or the map, if anyone wants to see what they could do with it. :)

Oh and, holy fuck a lot of these pics are amazing btw! ;)

I have no idea how anyone has the patience to create that kind of detail.

Well put it this way, I use to rebuild and recoil speakers by hand. probably long before there were people that did such a thing..

I play drums also and I have to wait for my guitar players to get their shit together before we can tone up and get our levels right before we can play a lot of the time.. anyway, I haven't put my finger on it, but I think it uses about the same amount of patience, heh.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Well put it this way, I use to rebuild and recoil speakers by hand. probably long before there were people that did such a thing..

I play drums also and I have to wait for my guitar players to get their shit together before we can tone up and get our levels right before we can play a lot of the time.. anyway, I haven't put my finger on it but I think they use about the same amount of patience, heh.

Well hopefully what I'm making now won't disappoint.

Screenshot_Doom_20190803_045505.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190803_045511.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190803_045418.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190803_045433.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190803_045455.png

Just now, Mr.Rocket said:

Not at all, I kinda feel a darken2ish from it, somehow.

Mind sending me some of his maps? I've never heard of him before.

+sorry for my typos lol + beer..

I'm not sure, it's a pretty old wad, at least 20 years old by now.

1 minute ago, Mr.Rocket said:

+sorry for my typos lol + beer..

I'm not sure, it's a pretty old wad, at least 20 years old by now.

Well it looks well-detailed for the time. Only other wad this detailed I know of is Gothic99.

Yeah it's around that time, another one that rings a bell about the time was ikandy, I think it was called?

There were some pretty good DM levels (later levels) in darken2. I think that's why I remember it most..

~ all good looking wads btw..

19 minutes ago, ShadowTheDemon said:

This is the guy that created UAC Ultra, isn't it?

Not at all. Ola Björling is @ukiro of OTEX fame. UAC Ultra was made by Jon Vail (40oz, I believe he got banned from Doomworld long ago) and Super Jamie (who left without a word even longer ago).

Thanks Gez. And yeah some textures in OTEX are modern remakes of the stuff I did for Darkening E2 in 1999-2000. 

Solution to "any key" activated switches. Gray marker texture. Do you approve?

S7Qcek6.png

3 hours ago, Jaska said:

Solution to "any key" activated switches. Gray marker texture. Do you approve?

S7Qcek6.png

Blends in too much with the rest of the scenery and to me gray reads a key wouldn't be required or its deactivated.

What about an animated texture that flickers between the three key colors?

6 hours ago, ukiro said:

Thanks Gez. And yeah some textures in OTEX are modern remakes of the stuff I did for Darkening E2 in 1999-2000. 

Well, they're beautiful textures. You may have noticed I'm using some of them.

The skybox I ripped from Eviternity as a placeholder, at least until I can figure out how to put an even better Skybox in there (like the one from Tormentor667's Sapphire)

3 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

Blends in too much with the rest of the scenery and to me gray reads a key wouldn't be required or its deactivated.

What about an animated texture that flickers between the three key colors?

Well that could be the best. Thanks for the idea.

Because there's a ton of beauty in Doom whether it be vanilla or stuff the community has made.

I'm surprised we're only in part 2 of this series.