Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

bad gifts

well its that time of year. anyway what sort of bad gifts have u gotten in the past, or know u will get.

my grandmother got a spot light from my uncle once, pretty lame there.
as for me i have no idea

My sister had an obsession with clean water when she was 12 or 11, so my grandparents bought her a brita water filter. She was pissed and never complained again.

The worst I got was a 7-year-old box of Macaroni & Cheese. It was a joke-gift, but I only found out it was 7 years old when I tried to cook it. The cheese powder had turned a dark brown and smelled bad, so I looked on the box and saw an expiration date of 1992 (this was back in '99).

The joke-gift is a long tradition in my family though. The best (or worst) being when my father gave my aunt a present from the family dog. When she opened the box, it was a dog turd inside.

I've always gotten what I wanted for Christmas, or near enough anyway. No real bad gifts to speak of.

TeamKill said:

I got deoderant a few times. My mom's friend has a strange tradition for stocking stuffers.

I think EVERYONE gets some kind of deodorant spray-stuff or something for Christmas.

Let's see. Last year, one of my grandmothers sent us all one of those silly styrofoam planes that once thrown or stepped on they'd rip in half, and knowing that I'm not religious, both my dad and step-mom sent me a bible (which were both techically a slap in the face) ...I don't remember any others.

Every year, my aunt sends me a gimmick calculator. Last year's was a foreign language dictionary/calculator.

Last year, my grandmother raided an office gimmick store for her gifts. I got some kind of wrist guard and a cheap pen set.

I just buy everyone merch from my school and leave it at that. :P

I once got a ludacris cd from my uncle, thinking to himself "all teeny boppers listen to this stuff" than he was all like "yo yo homie" I was like +set suicide 1.

meh

yah, i got a fishing encyclopaedia and some chocolate. one xmas i didnt get anything.

When i was 13 my nan promised me a CD-ROM drive. What i got was a wooly jumper. Damnit, i could have punched her in the face.

Then again, most of us are whinging, ungrateful brats at 13 - aren't we?

kain said:

yah, i got a fishing encyclopaedia

I got one of those too, but I valued mine. I still take it out and read it just for the hell of it. Never can catch anything, though.

I just remembered that along with the sticks of deoderant, I once also recieved gardning gloves. And when I was little, I opened up a package with my name on it, only to reveal a box of pots and pans for a kitchen. Well, there was actually a cool Godzilla toy inside, but I didn't know this at first, and was quite dumbfounded at why I was getting stuff for the kitchen.

19 years old and my father got me a doll.

I've never owned a doll and was just getting to the age to say I made it through my girl years without any sissy stuff...

Oh well...

The worst gift I got was an old Nintendo game, the first one since I got the system a couple of months before. It was called Star Voyager, and it was by far the worst NES game that I had ever played. I didn't spend more than a few days playing it before I got bored of it.

Last christmas, my dad bought me a book which supposedly teaches you how to write specifically with the internet in mind. I suppose that's slightly reasonable, seeing as I do want to write for a living. However, the christmas before that, he got me a book about "making your business work" (or something like that anyway).

Suffice it to say that I've never read either of these books, and as far as I know they're both lying around somewhere in their original shrinkwrapping.

Lutarez said:

Let's see. Last year, one of my grandmothers sent us all one of those silly styrofoam planes that once thrown or stepped on they'd rip in half, and knowing that I'm not religious, both my dad and step-mom sent me a bible (which were both techically a slap in the face) ...I don't remember any others.

Don't forget "Simply Jesus", and that steering wheel cover. Heh I remember you got top romen as a stocking stuffer one year. We all got Bibles that year.

Ichor said:

The worst gift I got was an old Nintendo game, the first one since I got the system a couple of months before. It was called Star Voyager, and it was by far the worst NES game that I had ever played. I didn't spend more than a few days playing it before I got bored of it.

A few days? I didn't even play Half-Life that long.