Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

You can play mine. It's just one map, I may do a few extra maps continuing this one later one. Banged this one out in a week, just been slowly working on monster & item placement and last minute details the last week. Definitely not my best work, but it's all I got on this new HD. My old one crashed thus resulting in losing 9 months of work for a megawad I was working on. This is the first map I've uploaded ever. Never shared my work with anyone before. If you do decide to play and to all those who may pay it, enjoy! 

It's the zip called ResearchLab01.zip

https://doomshack.org/uploads/

19 hours ago, Austinado said:

@Jeremixh just for you to know, i am playing FBK, pretty cool indeed. Because its a megawad, it will take time to record and deliver. Cheers*

no problem. :)

14 hours ago, Friezus Christ said:

You can play mine. It's just one map, I may do a few extra maps continuing this one later one. Banged this one out in a week, just been slowly working on monster & item placement and last minute details the last week. Definitely not my best work, but it's all I got on this new HD. My old one crashed thus resulting in losing 9 months of work for a megawad I was working on. This is the first map I've uploaded ever. Never shared my work with anyone before. If you do decide to play and to all those who may pay it, enjoy! 

It's the zip called ResearchLab01.zip

https://doomshack.org/uploads/

@Friezus Christ

It seems we have a problem here...

X.jpg

TOURNAISIAN / VISEAN / SERPUKHOVIAN

By @nicolas monti

So everytime i have maps to play from this mapper i always get happy. They are simple maps,  small maps, solid, monsters to kill and everything from me is well balanced.

The only thing was about Serpukhovian, wich there are pain sectors not visual as should...maybe the mapper forgot about that. Also about this map, i had to record a second time, because at first, i did not found the necessary weapons or used the radiaton suits without careness. Besides that...its always a pleasure and looking forward to play more maps from this mapper.

Final remarks:

- Maybe Serpukhovian could be more large in space, i think it craves for that and more monsters.

- loving your maps...keep them comming ;)

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

Oh hey, I was wondering if you could play those few maps of mine, they are compatible with gzdoom or zdoom, not sure what you're going to use. In retrospect, Deviled is the newest map from bunch and Greymood is the oldest one. 

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/d-f/darknflaw 

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/d-f/dlv

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/g-i/grmood

5 hours ago, Austinado said:

TOURNAISIAN / VISEAN / SERPUKHOVIAN

By @nicolas monti

So everytime i have maps to play from this mapper i always get happy. They are simple maps,  small maps, solid, monsters to kill and everything from me is well balanced.

The only thing was about Serpukhovian, wich there are pain sectors not visual as should...maybe the mapper forgot about that. Also about this map, i had to record a second time, because at first, i did not found the necessary weapons or used the radiaton suits without careness. Besides that...its always a pleasure and looking forward to play more maps from this mapper.

Final remarks:

- Maybe Serpukhovian could be more large in space, i think it craves for that and more monsters.

- loving your maps...keep them comming ;)

-----//-----

Great!! On the more monster thing remember you are playing on HMP, in UV you'll encounter the ammount you ask for, about Serpukhovian, the damaging floor are only in the distinctive tunnels which have the same flat all the way through and at the tips there are radiation signals too! The Iwad uses some non liquid damaging floor, it is not the common thing I know.

Also I recommend strafe running for some of the jumps, you'll need that for the next map.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:41 AM, Austinado said:

IN THE DOG HOUSE (MAP01/MAP02/MAP04/MAP05)

By @Archie550

Download here

So, about this one, the first two maps i did not enjoyed too much, yeah there is alot of fighting monsters, but personally i dont like the texture choices, there is some impassible zone to open area, and some rooms are just to tight. About the two last ones, the 4th map i hated the dark area (because im a son of a bitch with dark areas) the texture choices not a great thing as well, it seem this 4th map took alot of work, i praise that...but an increasing difference about the two first maps of the wad. I pretty much enjoyed the last map (map05) with interesting fights and a final fight with alot of revenants/machinegunners and arch-villes. 

Final remarks:

- Yeah, maybe its just me, but those dark areas with the imps...not fair for the player...and i reach that part i had rockets...i struggled with that..got frustrated, sorry about that.

- I liked your traps, that´s how its meant to be...

- Poor music choices...im no DJ..but if it was me i would change the music (Map05 its fine);

- In map04 was i suposed to fight a SpiderMastermind? 

- Keep it up...more comments in the videos below.

Oh. you didnt use the right iwad. thats why a ton of walls are black. the textures are missing. thats okay if you dont have plutonia

On 8/3/2019 at 2:16 PM, Archie550 said:

Oh. you didnt use the right iwad. thats why a ton of walls are black. the textures are missing. thats okay if you dont have plutonia

Sorry about that...

RESEARCH LAB

By @Friezus Christ

Download here

So, this one, i had fun. I can tell you that you say its not the best work of yours, you say you might do some maps after this.

I say this is the correct path you are doing here, i say you should do more maps. 

Final remarks:

- Its a good design with details, very good in height, for me everything seemed right.

- I think you can go far...if you like tech theme, then go for it, but i am curious to see some hell theme of yours.

- Customized monsters. Well balanced, i have no problem with that, it adds more difficulty and when its used well, it runs well. Congrats about that.

- Maybe just too much pistol start there, but after you get the big ones, everything goes smooth, joyfull with its own difficulty.

- Very Curious to see more of your work...ill be waiting.

- Perhaps you should learn how to put music in your wad, put the textures in your wad and make it one only file instead of having alot of wads and use GZDB to run it...

- Congrats for the map, for me well nicelly done.

- More comments in the video.

-----//-----

OZÔNIA

By @Deadwing

So, to be honest a few months ago i started to play this. Yeah i was roaming around the forum, taking a peak to some WADs and i had played a little of this one. 

At the time i though it was a little "hardcore" fore me, and i putted aside.

Since the mapper request from me to play and record, i took the challenge, and boy oh boy...what a damn ride i had.

Like the mapper says, "carefully designed short maps, heavily inspired by the original Plutonia megawad." and what a pleasure it was. We have the difficulty there and the first map makes you believe than this is going to be a pain in a butt, but after map2, your mentally prepared. Its like the two first maps makes you wake up, be sharp and face it like a man! Each map carefully designed, not to wide, not with an large number of monsters...but the difficulty that makes a good hot spice on your tongue. I Loved it. I really did...thanks! 

Final remarks:

- In Map8 my gameplay was shit. Sorry about that...died alot, careless...meh.

- In the begging of the video in Map4 i said "So now this is map7"...i dont know what i was thinking. It is indeed Map4.

- Beatifull design...smart mapping.

- There is health, there is ammo and there is fun. Its like the whole trinity with difficulty being the devil. Nice job.

- Got admired with the final custom monsters, and a little disapointed that the last aerea from the final map...was empty...It was because i played in HMP?

- Glad you requested this...much of my pleasure. Thanks!

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

Awesome! Thanks a lot for the feedback, Austinado! :D
I'll watch the playthrough, glad you've enjoyed!

1 hour ago, Archie550 said:

Hi, today i modified my wad so that it is now playable with doom2.wad instead of plutonia. If you want you could replay it and give feedback but I would understand if you didn't want to play through it again. If you do decide to replay it remember it's maps 01, 02, 04, and 05, no crouch, no jump

updated link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nb0gu5odgo29t10/boomhouse.wad?dl=0

@Archie550

Ill give it a shot ;)

DARKNESS FLAW      Download here

DEVILED                   Download here

GREYMOOD               Download here

By @Misty

So, i had a request by this mapper for this 3 maps, and if we have something to learn in mapping, we should look at these maps as an example. Of course we are not talking about no amateur here, and i knew that since the first map i played. Yeah i got some struggle, mainly with Greymood. That map was a little son a bitch for me...i imagine its not suposed to play in HMP but this is how i play generally. What can i say? I had fun, i admire the work and more comments in the videos. Thanks alot for the requests.

-----//-----

12 minutes ago, Austinado said:

So, i had a request by this mapper for this 3 maps, and if we have something to learn in mapping, we should look at these maps as an example. Of course we are not talking about no amateur here, and i knew that since the first map i played. Yeah i got some struggle, mainly with Greymood. That map was a little son a bitch for me...i imagine its not suposed to play in HMP but this is how i play generally. What can i say? I had fun, i admire the work and more comments in the videos. Thanks alot for the requests.

Hey, thanks for playing my maps. There are plenty of questionable mapping choices in my maps, which I wish I could change, but I think it's better leave that way as proof that time, constructive criticism and work builds experience in any creative hobby. Anyway, I'm building set of maps, but I'm not sure when this will see the light. Some notes:

- I also play maps on HMP and only tweak difficulty settings or fights for easier and harder side, when I collect feedback from testers.
- Darkness Flaw and Deviled uses the same palette, but different formats. First one is vanilla and other one is made in gzdoom udmf.
- Greymood was experiment and expression of my depressive mood around that time. Also, first proper map, which got a bit more positive reception.
- Deviled was created for Vinesauce Doom mapping contest(it happened last year) and I was running out of time so I did this map in 5 days span before deadline.
- Darkness Flaw is another experiment to see if I can do vanilla mapping without breaking limits. |
- I'm still feeling like newbie, despite of fact that I'm actively working on Doom mapping for 3-4 years.

If you have more questions or things to say, I'll be glad to answer. 

Yo @Austinado. I was wondering if you could play these 2 maps of mine. Painful Cave is Boom-compatible while Perilous Cavern is GZDoom-compatible.

Some tips for you:

• One monster in Painful Cave is in a secret if you desire to do 100%
  • If the last area in Perilous Cavern is too tough for you, save often or lower the difficulty. 
  • For Perilous Cavern, when reaching the cave area, I suggest to increase the gamma a bit or change the sector lighting mode to Standard and, dynamic lights will help in the darkness and the fog.

So, here are the two wads :)

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/p-r/paincav2

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/p-r/pericave

10 minutes ago, Austinado said:

@nicolas monti

Its for me to play maps 11 /12 / 13/ 14 ?

or only map 11 and map 14 ?

Just to recall, no jumping. no crouch, no overlook? 

11, 12, 13 and 14, vanilla behavior, no jump, freelook etc

IN THE DOG HOUSE (MODIFIED FOR DOOMII - MAP01/02/04/05)

BY @Archie550

Download here

So, this mapper asked if i could play again his maps with the modified textures for DOOMII, and yes of course.

Now, we can see some differences about the textures wich in my opinion gives a fresh air to the maps. Somethings were fixed (like the bars) but still i´ve got the opinion that map1/2 are "lesser" than map4/5. For me a huge contrast about gameplay and monsters difficulty. 

Now in map4 i did not got frustrated (even at the time i have changed the video settings), i got lost a certain time, and persists that Spider Mastermind wich i "IDCLIP" to see what was that about. In the same map (number4) there is an area above that i cant reach, but probably my fault..."idclip" again to see what was that about.

To finalize, at the end of map5, i idclip to finish the map. Yeah i cheated because i knew that was the end of map, because i have done already before. Because i was not carefull with health and quicksaved bad, i did it so. Sorry about that. Nice to see the improvements of the before and after.

-----//-----

PAINFULL CAVE          Download here

PERILIOUS CAVERN    Download here

By @leodoom85

So, i got this request, and my oh my, what we have got here.

Yeah Painfull Cave, ists a good map, well designed, good map textures, fun included...but then it comes Perilious Cavern, boy oh boy what an explosion of gameplay fun, difficulty on the wires and beautifull textures choices, beatifull sound effects (echo in background/ the sound of the door), beautifull visuals (fog) light balance, monsters...health and ammo well balanced (in both maps)...what can i say? In one word..B E A U T I F U L L. Man, i had so much joy, that the final fight had to be done at any cost! Thank you very much for this, you are pretty much an example to follow!

Final remarks:

- Painfull Cave is a good map, but i would recommend 110% Perilious Cavern...im I'm surrendered. 

- Lovely fucking job here..congrats!

---//---

-----//-----

XD

Thanks for playing my maps and it's nice to see that you had such fun with both of them. I'll watch them in one hour.

EDIT: You had a lot of perseverance with the final area of Perilous Cavern lol. Well done there and, remember, you just played it in HMP. UV is just a bit harder and, I saw that I found a misaligned flat in the teleport pod after getting the red key -_-

Edited by leodoom85

@Austinado

Thanks for having the patience to play my wad again! It was very beneficial to me. Yeah there is a jump in difficulty from map02 to map04 but hopefully map03 will bridge that gap once it's finished. Also I had no idea how dark the dark area was for you! It's a lot brighter on prboom+. I'll brighten it up a bit. Also I'll have to make that blue key switch easier to find.

About the Big G doors, there is one in each level, each is sort of an easter egg that includes a Genesis album and are opened by shooting the small G switches hidden elsewhere in the level. And the midis in each map are Genesis midis as a tribute to my favorite band. Yes it is a weird wad but I wanted it to be a little quirky.

1 hour ago, Archie550 said:

lso I'll have to make that blue key switch easier to find.

@Archie550  LOL, i think that was only my fault...i felt like a dork when i found it...

What about the Spider MasterMind...and the area up there? (in map04)

Edited by Austinado

TECHTONIC HABITAT

By @Magicana

Download Here

So here we have another map from this mapper, that is very interesting. 

I like the type of design and i think there is an improvement about the choice of textures. The traps are nice, sometimes you think there is no escape because of the space, but there is always a way. The thing about dark areas and me...well, we are not very friendly one to another, in this case i think that there is more than it should. Its about balance of player/monster, for instance, it can be a son of a bitch if you are caught in a trap..but next time, you can study a better way...in this case...you cant see the monster...so they have "the higher ground". Yes they are weak monsters...ok...but its not very fair they see you and you cant see them. I got myself waiting for them to appear so i could shoot them.

In my opinion it breaks a little bit the pace. There was one time...they would not stop coming..imps and shotgunners...imps and shotgunners...Health was a little bit of an issue too...Dark areas + shotgunners = you will loose some health.  You could give a little more...

Final remarks:

- Yeah you can say "Well just get out of there and reach them...!", i could...but i know there is no much stimpacks or medkits in the area.

- Not a bad map at all, i enjoyed it...like i said, nice textures improvement, you never stop shooting monsters and some creative light/dark balance. For me the only thing that could be better is the things i wrote above.

- You keep up the nice job you are doing ;) 

-----//-----