Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyDaScrub

sound stuttering and fps drops in gzdoom [SOLVED]

so i been using gzdoom for a while now and i had no problems i had a smooth 60 fps but for some reason the sounds stutter and my fps drops i tried lowering my graphics but it didnt work here is a video

i dont know if its because i have 15 gb if room left in my E disk

Edited by MikeyDaScrub

IsHas anything changed in your setup? New hardware, new OS updates? Is it just GZDoom that's doing this, or other games too? Did you update GZDoom at all? We need more information. 

Just a hunch, but is your GPU overheating at all?

my cpu is not overheating at all its just gzdoom and i didnt change anything in my setup zandronum seems to work fine in high graphics and im using the latest version of gzdoom and i even tried to leave my laptop off for 12 hours and turning it on and testing if gzdoom still lags and it does i tried re installing the whole program and the only way for the game not to lag is to put every single option to off or 0 and setting my res to 640x480 and setting the scale factor to 0.25 but i still get fps drops

here are my laptop specs:

intel core i5 2450m cpu @ 2.50 ghz 4 gb of ram 2 cores windows 7 laptop model asus

What happens if you delete the config and reconfigure the engine? It may be that you accidentally changed something without even noticing, but it's hard to find out remotely what that may be.

i got the problem fixed it turns out that my config made me lag thx graf zahl i think that one of my mods added a line in my config where it messed up the rendering cuz projectiles where doom monster sprites i knew that when i launched doom 2 wad thx for helping me :D now i can resume my plutonia pistol start nightmare run  which i got pretty far actually!

Off-topic, but you should really try to use punctuation. It vastly helps the people who read your posts and try to help understand your issues.