Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ketmar

GNU/Linux editor with UDMF support, Eureka style (wanted)

Question

yes, i know that SLADE3 can be built for GNU/Linux. but it is huge, and does alot of things i don't really need, and requires wxWidgets+webkit (no flamefest, please ;-), and... huge. on the other side there is Eureka: neat, small, simple, fast... but no UDMF support. yes, i know that Andrew very much stopped working on Eureka, but maybe there is someone else who's planning to add UDMF to it? sadly, i don't have enough resources to work both on Eureka and on k8vavoom. so maybe someone will take on further Eureka developement?

or maybe there is an editor that supports UDMF for GNU/Linux already? my requirements are: c/c++, GTK+2/Qt4/FLTK.

9 answers to this question

alas, both versions of Doom Builder are crashing hard with Wine. but thanks for trying to help!

All I can say is that I have a fork of Eureka in my github, where I really want to add UDMF support (being a Mac user I'm under the same problem as you, regarding UDMF). Hopefully I advance on it.

Cool printz! I use Slade on Mac and another option for an editor is always appreciated, since slade constantly uses the CPU 20-30%, even if used in 2D-mode.

i want to say that Andrew resumed Eureka development, and added OpenGL 3d view, and basic UDMF support! yay!

UDMF is not usable at the moment, e.g. it does not save/load linedef flags, but I will be working back on it (Eureka) again very soon.

1 minute ago, andrewj said:

UDMF is not usable at the moment, e.g. it does not save/load linedef flags, but I will be working back on it (Eureka) again very soon.

thank you for improving Eureka! i really love it, and i am really happy that you found time and inspiration for it.

btw, banded OpenGL lighting looks really interesting. somehow i never thought about doing it that way. thanks for the inspritation too! ;-)

15 hours ago, ketmar said:

i want to say that Andrew resumed Eureka development, and added OpenGL 3d view, and basic UDMF support! yay!

13 hours ago, andrewj said:

This is great news! I'm glad to hear that you returned to working on Eureka. I think it's already a great editor, and the addition of UDMF would only add to its versatility.