Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeMystic

Oops! All Techbase - Final Release! NOW ON IDGAMES!

I realized I had forgot to put the player start back in the correct place after testing because of HAK's video. The link in my post has the fixed version. I'm really sorry about that.

@Super Mighty G, I did an IDDQD IDFA Hey Not Too Rough run just to experience the map in the proper progression. I noticed there are imps stuck on former humans just after the first door. I also noticed that the map makes infinitely more sense. It's actually really cool there are two ways to escape the nukage, hence two blue doors, hence two ways to enter the fight that killed me ~15 times in my other run. Yeah, I like this version much better. 

5 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Played it. A fun little map, though it does feel a bit too basic. I think a few more wall trimmings in some rooms (enough to add detail, but not so much to cause visplane overflow) would help. The fighting is fine, plowing through the beginning with ease. Once Revs are introduced, things get more intense. I feel the ledge by the stairs in the Cyberdemon room should be made smaller, so that the fight cannot be as easily cheesed. 

Overall, a good experience, though there is a major bug: the exit does not work.

are there any slots open?  I could wing something interesting.  Ill do 24 for Novaseer.  I can work with that midi.

Edited by Mk7_Centipede

On 7/17/2019 at 8:01 PM, Mk7_Centipede said:

are there any slots open?  I could wing something interesting.  Ill do 24 for Novaseer.  I can work with that midi.

You can take my map15 if you want. I'm gonna bow out of this project.

7 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

You can take my map15 if you want. I'm gonna bow out of this project.

What about novaseer? I offered to take his spot first, but if you guys are in contact then sure- i'll do map 15.

6 minutes ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

What about novaseer? I offered to take his spot first, but if you guys are in contact then sure- i'll do map 15.

Not in contact but I can't make the texture pack work in db2.

2 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

Not in contact but I can't make the texture pack work in db2.

No discord for this project?

Edited by Mk7_Centipede

2 minutes ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

I dont think you need the texture pack.  They are just re-colored doom 2 textures iirc.  Nothing even noticeable imo.  Half the maps people have made dont even use the couple custom textures. Maybe I am wrong here, but its basically (new skies and) texture tweaks.  Nothing serious. 

I wouldn't call this an accurate assessment. The Doom 2 textures are all still there, so yes, one could make a map with just those, but those re-colors add quite a bit, and quite a few are not simply recolors at all. And there are multiple (all?) Doom 1 exclusive textures as well.

As for what the issue is, I have no idea. I actually can't get Doom Builder 2 to run PrBoom+ at all. I'd suggest Doom Builder X. It's better where you want it to be and identical everywhere else.

Son was born early and as a result I had to put my stuff on hold.

He's home and all groovy now so I'm going to get back to working on my level :D

Who wants the MAP26 slot? If I kept it I'll have to completely redo it but I have so much stuff coming up plus I work 12 hour days 6 days a week. I really wanted to but even if I had time made out some day soon I need to sharpen my map skills to be able to belong regardless

5 hours ago, dybbuk said:

Who wants the MAP26 slot? If I kept it I'll have to completely redo it but I have so much stuff coming up plus I work 12 hour days 6 days a week. I really wanted to but even if I had time made out some day soon I need to sharpen my map skills to be able to belong regardless

As I said I really like your map, it's just some rearrangement of the items and it would be done, let the mobs test it!

uhh. hopefully you can keep a back up volunteer person just in case :) I haven't touched it since I posted it here but worked on it a slight amount. I'll re-read all the critiques and see if I can make the deadline.

On 7/21/2019 at 9:35 PM, Mk7_Centipede said:

No discord for this project?

I can definitely start one!

On 7/22/2019 at 5:01 PM, wheresthebeef said:

Son was born early and as a result I had to put my stuff on hold.

He's home and all groovy now so I'm going to get back to working on my level :D

Congrats man!

6 hours ago, ZeMystic said:

I can definitely start one!

if you start one let me know! Sorry for being inactive lately, I've had shit going on.

17 minutes ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

is this limit-removing or nah? i cannot tell by the description vanilla/chocolate compatible.

Nah. Chocolate is a "vanilla port."1 Do account for the limits. 

1 not sure this is a term that's actually used.

I was playing through @HAK3180's map (Really liked it - Super challenging but also fair) and noticed I was able to get stuck right at the end. I was able to run up from the back side of the "Belt" into the chute, but you are then unable to get back out. I did it in Zdoom, didn't try doing it in any other port. Probably just need to drop the chute ceiling down another notch and that would prevent any shenanigans.

Screenshot_Doom_20190809_203919.png.947bffe1d68779069c1a9afcd04ca39a.png

@Magicana, Yeah, why is Doomguy able to deny physics ascending but not descending? I had to lower that thing 17 units. It's actually a good way to do organic one-way entries, but definitely not intended here. Thanks for pointing that out.

"False Idol" methinks is a decent mapname.  but "Sinthetic Icon" might be more DooM-y.

So, the map i am developing: the idea is that the UAC is reconstructing the Icon of Sin.  Pieces of the Boss Monster are found laying around an abandoned base.  As you explore it becomes obvious that this is the site of reconstruction.  As you reach the molten end, you encounter the 'DoomCube' [basically a synthetic brain to power the icon of sin].  These are all just set-piece themes and environmental details.

Platforming and combat puzzles.

Edited by Mk7_Centipede

I got completely wrapped up in my own personal and business things that I needed to do, and completely forgot the exist. However that's not the only issue, I don't really have the time or energy for doom mapping sadly.

Yes it sounds dumb and all, but there's no way I can complete 2 maps in 19 days without jumping off ship, and let two other people with the energy to speed map in my place.

For the best, sorry if this throws a massive wrench into the machine.

No promises as to the quality, but I don't mind giving a map a shot (If you're taking noob mappers of very varying quality).