Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

Doom SIGIL v1.1 - Maps 1-6 are finally done.

LMP file is here: s140.zip

Guys, I need assistance! Map 7 has a room full of metal fences at the very beginning. I'm wondering whether it's possible to perform a glide through the one of these fences, but I can't use Bruteforce. Whatever I do, it says "No cigar".

At least, share your opinions, please!

Edited by Dimon12321 : Deleted image to free space

Afaik you need a diagonal wall nearby to have a chance of fence gliding, so the one going north (I assume you can wallrun there) looks particularly promising to me. You need to get as close to the line as possible on the frame before you would go through it, so your initial position would be pretty important from what I understand. In other words, if brute forcing would be putting you right on top of the line for each set of parameters it won't help. Maybe you need to look at your position when you hit the fence and start changing the position from which you start the run towards it to be better before trying the brute force. Somebody else can give more concrete help though :^)

I'm glad to announce that a full UV-Speed TAS of Doom SIGIL v1.1 is done!!

I'm overflown with emotions and hope you will enjoy it too. I've written a big description in the text file =)

Doom LMP is here: sigu513.zip

Special thanks to: @rodster@ZeroMaster010, @Beginner, @JonaG, @kraflab, @Degree23, @Dragonfly, @Searcher, @almostmatt1 and to those who was following my WIPs and/or was involved in the progress.

From Ukraine with love!

Edited by Dimon12321

Really enjoyable run to watch. I like the health management strategy at the end of the penultimate map!

14 hours ago, Degree23 said:

Really enjoyable run to watch. I like the health management strategy at the end of the penultimate map!

I wasn't planning that TBH. It happened by accident. Originally, I planned to get to Map 8 being barely alive (got 4% health at the very end), but then I remembered that I need to switch to a firearm to activate the door and did a roll-back to when I die at the very end. Baron's attack that didn't kill me was a pure luck.

Edited by Dimon12321

Doom E1M9 UV-Speed in 23.57.

I was surprised no-one has made a decent solo TAS of Military Base so far, so I decided to make one.

All comments are in video's description and inside a text file.

Video is here: YT link.

Demo LMP is here: e1m9-023.zip

Alien Vendetta (2nd release) MAP20 nomo in 0:23 (23.49)

Didn't put that much effort into this one, but it's ok for a TAS...

av20xo023.zip

Eviternity Map 1 UV-Max in 0:57 (00:57.77).

My first UV-Max TAS. Don't expect a full UV-Max run from me (especially because of damn long Map 19), but if you plan to make one - you can continue my TAS.

Used both PrBoom+ and XDRE.

Replay file and comments: ev01-057.zip

Map 1 in 0:57 (57.77): YouTube link.

Map 2 in 1:30 (90.40): YouTube link.

Edited by Dimon12321

Ultimate Doom E4M1 movie (through E4M5) nomo in 1:14

Currently testing the potential of a void glide in E4M6, no success so far.

e4m1-5xo114.zip

Eviternity Maps 1-3 UV-Max in 4:14.

This 3 maps was a huge work for me and I don't wonna continue it. This is my last WIP. It will certainly be a while before I revisit Eviternity. This WAD itself refuses to be TASed well.

If you're curious enough, I wrote my comments in the text file.

Replay file and comments: evit1-3-407.zip

Andy, I got 66% secrets on Map 3. Mention it in the movie description, please! Movie was rejected

Edited by Dimon12321

Hey doom community. Been a long time....

SlaughterFest 2011 Maps 1 -15, UV-Speed TAS in 13:36

sf15x1336.zip

To those who are wondering why. Text file says it all..

On 8/7/2019 at 1:04 PM, SWDude said:

sf15x1336.zip

Hey SWDude, great to see you back and posting this run! 

I remember still when we worked on this run. Thanks for adding me :). Though I would like to add that I worked on very tiny parts. I loved your routed and tricks (especially the double archjump for the blue map, map 08 or something it was).

Definitely a great watch and good moments.

Btw I am stuck at map23 now on sf2012... another double archjump problem with blocking monsters xD. 

I hope to see more stuff from you mate!!! :) 

Anybody knows how to playback this demo? http://doomedsda.us/lmps/578/2/hacx3215.zip

This is a full UV-Speed TAS of Hacx. Since it was made in 2002, it was probably made for Hacx 1.0: post with a download link.

I try to play it back, but it desyncs at the very beginning. Could someone try to play it back? It was recorded on TASMBF.

Here is a command for a glboomplus shortcut: F:\prboom-plus-2.5.1.4\glboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2.WAD -complevel 11 -file hacx.WAD -timedemo hacx3215.lmp

I can play it back just fine with DSDA hacx (from 1997, 22 102 300 bytes). Your command line doesn't use .deh and -complevel 11 is probably unnecessary. My command:

prboom-plus -file hacx -deh hacx.deh -playdemo hacx3215

My default -complevel is "2", so with no complevel specified PrBoom+ just uses auto detection. It is very rare you should ever use -complevel parameter with -playdemo. If you have any problems, please post your .cfg and I may post mine and eventually you'll have it running.

20 minutes ago, vdgg said:

I can play it back just fine with DSDA hacx (from 1997, 22 102 300 bytes). Your command line doesn't use .deh and -complevel 11 is probably unnecessary. My command:

prboom-plus -file hacx -deh hacx.deh -playdemo hacx3215

Can't find the .deh file anywhere. I downloaded an installed wad which doesn't have it and it's impossible to use the installer. It requires 32-bit hardware and WineVDM argues about some address values.

Took the one from Hacx 1.1 and now everything works fine.

Edited by Dimon12321

On 8/7/2019 at 2:04 PM, SWDude said:

sf15x1336.zip

*Ti-diiiiin* "Here comes a new challenger!"

Nice work for a new TASer back then. It's not serious to drop the progress half-way done. It should be finished with some help involved! I'll take a look at the wad and maybe continue your work.

Edited by Dimon12321