Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMSLAYER93

Tip for Barons

That's pretty awesome.

In my case, ever since I started watching decino's channel, I've developed a taste for killing barons with berserker fists.

Never really felt the need to chainsaw Barons since I usually have enough rockets and/or bullets to take them out.

1 hour ago, The Maverick013 said:

5 rockets per Baron usually does the trick.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I do. In all the difficulties, I've always had more than enough rockets. The only time I've never had enough rockets in E1M8 is the Classic Map version in 2016.

21 hours ago, jeroa said:

i like that they let the pinkie that killed the baon live

That's what the 'true pacifist' part of the title means, finishing a level without firing a single shot.

Barons are fine. Play Sunlust or a good UDoom set, or hell, Counterattack, analytically, and it won't be hard to subsume the underlying theory. In capable hands, they can be used quite flexibly.

2 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Barons are fine. Play Sunlust or a good UDoom set, or hell, Counterattack, analytically, and it won't be hard to subsume the underlying theory. In capable hands, they can be used quite flexibly.

I'm playing a mapset by a pretty competent mapper currently (Sunder). I've played Sunlust before. They can be used well, but generally a Hell Knight will do the job better*.

*Except when they don't.

9 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Do you have a problem with much of Sunlust's baron usage? 

No, Sunlust was great.

I'm more referring to their usage as a "Door with legs".

Door with legs and you only have a SS, "so fun!"

Barons can be efficient, although I find hard to use them

7 hours ago, rdwpa said:

or a good UDoom set, or hell

Alternatively, play Richard Wiles’s UDoom PWAD (Crusades) to simulate a shotgun clicker game using just Barons in cramped spaces. Bonus points for ammo starvation, lack of berserk, and questionable pistol start balance. A master class in how to temporarily ruin the concept of a fairly useful enemy type.

All said, I like that mapset, but it’s driven me to find better uses for the ol’ Buster Brothers.