Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

What exactly do they mean by "meaningful choices" and "resource management"??

I wonder if they could make it where if a player hits a limit of lives, the current 1-up pick ups turn into health power ups like megaspheres/megahealth.

11 hours ago, whatup876 said:

I wonder if they could make it where if a player hits a limit of lives, the current 1-up pick ups turn into health power ups like megaspheres/megahealth.

Would still be OP because of how many there are.

9 hours ago, MrGlide said:

you've not even played the game yet,  how are we already critiquing balance?

Based on what I have played in the previous game and based on what I have seen. I saw TWO fuel canisters in one of the arenas and the player always had more than 3-4 lives at a time and they were quite easy to get to. If you get two, even one fuel canister each arena then you basically have infinite ammo.

what difficulty where they playing on in the video? nightmare, ultra nightmare? I highly doubt it was those two so that footage doesn't really apply to us now does it?

17 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

what difficulty where they playing on in the video? nightmare, ultra nightmare? I highly doubt it was those two so that footage doesn't really apply to us now does it?

IIRC the difficulty settings didn't change the amount of pickups in Doom 2016.

its fine, complain about a games balance before its even out yet like it's not a silly thing to do rather addressing directly worries that the game will be made too easy, which I doubt it will, but we'll see.

14 hours ago, MrGlide said:

its fine, complain about a games balance before its even out yet like it's not a silly thing to do rather addressing directly worries that the game will be made too easy, which I doubt it will, but we'll see.

Everyone has to complain about something.