Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

MASS EXTINCTION - MAP15/16/17/18

By @nicolas monti

Download here

So we got here 4 more maps. Must i say i enjoyed this pretty much...for each one of the maps the design and "smartness" of the mapper comes up in a good way. Loved the monster placement, balance of health and ammo...and map 15....im not even mad! It was pretty cool being rocky balboa. The only thing here that i think is missing, is the choice of texturing...nowadays you can improve better with textures..maybe its time to think about it, because the rest...nice job indeed.

More comments in the videos.

Thank you for the request ;)

-----//-----

Queue updated.

So, for now i have no requests for maps. In the next two days i will be out of town.

If you have any requests ( like always, leave them here in this post forum) ill be starting them from day 20 or 21 Aug2019.

Cheers*

Austinado

@Austinado - I appreciate you're away for a couple of days, but as I'm keen to keep delaying Scourge getting played, here's Mini Doom instead. Should be way more up your alley, as it's mostly old-school Doom maps, but with some source port bells and whistles for added interest. GZDoom and The Ultimate Doom are all you need!

24 minutes ago, Phobus said:

@Austinado - I appreciate you're away for a couple of days, but as I'm keen to keep delaying Scourge getting played, here's Mini Doom instead. Should be way more up your alley, as it's mostly old-school Doom maps, but with some source port bells and whistles for added interest. GZDoom and The Ultimate Doom are all you need!

Jumping, crouching, overlook allowed?

It won't let you jump or crouch by default. You can mouse look to your heart's content, though, much like I said last time!

FBK 2018 (Modification MegaWad)

By Kris Occhipinti

requested and modification by @Jeremixh

FBK Download here

Modifications WAD here

@Jeremixh :

"here's a list of modifications:

new map names: map names provided by my own choice to see what can be fitting for each 32 maps, knowing that CWILVs are added.

mapinfo: a couple of changes from the mapinfo i've provided for Occhipinti's wad, the man himself didn't provide a secret exit, according to the mapinfo i've made, once you've exit MAP15, you'll be sent to the secret level of MAP31, you can see more info by checking SLADE.

dehacked: adding a dehacked is very important so i did it, the HUSTRs have map names from the CWILVs i've provided for the in game automap, new text screen stories, and background flats, this was also provided in the mapinfo (importantly).

eternity mapinfo: another mapinfo of eternity to know that there are level names, the creator of his maps, music, etc for the eternity engine. (that's all) :)

midis: the music choices from myself is 30% straight troll, and 70% serious map fittings, like it really fits certain maps, think of playing a CD or something. (i was kinda running out of ideas). but he he, the title screen music was created by myself, it is the worst but not worst title screen music i've ever created i said f*ck it, and i just added it. real life music (midis) are added in certain maps, and midis that we heard before, and there'll be certain music that'll have real life music, "MIDI Name by Jeremixh", which means i only give names for the midis cause i felt that certain midis have no midi names by certain composers, i didn't create these midis, i'm just giving names to them. they're all in the text file, that's all you need to know.

skybox: new skyboxes are added in the modification.

one more modification and i should be done to explain:

titlepic, interpic, credit, and bossback: you all can criticize those pics that i've provided in the wad, cause i kinda say its pretty neat and controversial a bit but yeah, also knowing that they're also blurry by putting the recommend size of 320x200. (triggered)"

So, i did took my time with this. Quite interesting megawad, wich i think the early maps can be more dificult than the final maps. Must say i did not finish MAP22, ITS A SON OF A BITCH!

Long time recording this, but with pleasure...for future recording of megawads, i will record map by map (this was not the case). Im sorry about that.

Yeah, alot of interesting ideas, but simple as well...for me, i enjoyed the fucking Googles! Finally, i could use them in this megawad and for sure ill use them in my next project.

Thanks for the request.

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

I'd appreciate if you gave my level a playthrough. It has seen a few updates since anyone last played it/gave me feedback. Currently only balanced for UV, only tested in GZDoom and no jumping/crouching/freelook intended.

7 hours ago, Austinado said:

FBK 2018 (Modification MegaWad)

By Kris Occhipinti

requested and modification by @Jeremixh

FBK Download here

Modifications WAD here

@Jeremixh :

"here's a list of modifications:

new map names: map names provided by my own choice to see what can be fitting for each 32 maps, knowing that CWILVs are added.

mapinfo: a couple of changes from the mapinfo i've provided for Occhipinti's wad, the man himself didn't provide a secret exit, according to the mapinfo i've made, once you've exit MAP15, you'll be sent to the secret level of MAP31, you can see more info by checking SLADE.

dehacked: adding a dehacked is very important so i did it, the HUSTRs have map names from the CWILVs i've provided for the in game automap, new text screen stories, and background flats, this was also provided in the mapinfo (importantly).

eternity mapinfo: another mapinfo of eternity to know that there are level names, the creator of his maps, music, etc for the eternity engine. (that's all) :)

midis: the music choices from myself is 30% straight troll, and 70% serious map fittings, like it really fits certain maps, think of playing a CD or something. (i was kinda running out of ideas). but he he, the title screen music was created by myself, it is the worst but not worst title screen music i've ever created i said f*ck it, and i just added it. real life music (midis) are added in certain maps, and midis that we heard before, and there'll be certain music that'll have real life music, "MIDI Name by Jeremixh", which means i only give names for the midis cause i felt that certain midis have no midi names by certain composers, i didn't create these midis, i'm just giving names to them. they're all in the text file, that's all you need to know.

skybox: new skyboxes are added in the modification.

one more modification and i should be done to explain:

titlepic, interpic, credit, and bossback: you all can criticize those pics that i've provided in the wad, cause i kinda say its pretty neat and controversial a bit but yeah, also knowing that they're also blurry by putting the recommend size of 320x200. (triggered)"

So, i did took my time with this. Quite interesting megawad, wich i think the early maps can be more dificult than the final maps. Must say i did not finish MAP22, ITS A SON OF A BITCH!

Long time recording this, but with pleasure...for future recording of megawads, i will record map by map (this was not the case). Im sorry about that.

Yeah, alot of interesting ideas, but simple as well...for me, i enjoyed the fucking Googles! Finally, i could use them in this megawad and for sure ill use them in my next project.

Thanks for the request.

-----//-----

i like what you're doing, keep up the wad testings, if i have time, i'll be able to record the gameplay and send them here in this thread for you to look at, good luck, and the reason why you didn't finished MAP22, because you have been traumatized. :)

Edited by Jeremixh

LABS

By @Malefication

Download here

So, i got this request, and at the middle of playing it, it came to me, that i already had played this...before i started my recordings. Its a nice map, wich its not poorly designed, some nice traps but maybe, just maybe, could have an increase of monsters to pull out more dificulty. There is some details like the glass (or window) that i have enjoyed, and maybe just some details on texture (not misalignment) choices that could be improved. This kind of design makes me invite the mapper to do more...because the knowledge is obviously there. Ill be waiting for more.

Must say, with this map, i decided, that from now on, ill record and play my videos in UV. Thanks

-----//-----

MINIDOOM

BY @Phobus

Download Here

So i got this request from mapper Phobus, wich i already have played some wonderfull maps (and still have one megaWAD in queue to be done) and this MINIDOOM WAD, again, was a good fun time to play.

I dont know why but i got some problems to upload "The Shallows of Hell" in youtube. So that´s the reason it tooked me a little more time to upload the videos. When recording the second time (maybe its because i have downloaded the latest version of GZDoom) i had no sound in mentioned map. But i got it, and had fun in all the maps i have played.

I have a special remark to do about "Thy Flesh Nibbled At", sector with the mirrors...L O V E D   I T...its so amazing that a simple thing like that makes the player feel so amazed...like i got.

Thanks alot for the request !

-----//-----

Tricks and Traps Redux.zip

Here's a wad I posted here a while back. My 5th map that I felt I did pretty decent on. 

Jumping is not intended.

Replaces Map08 in DOOM2, Boom format.

Hope you enjoy running through it. It can be a bit chewy at times.

@Austinado thanks for playing! I'm glad the mirror section went down well and seemed to work smoothly for you! I'm less glad that you ran past a berserk twice in the glowy cage room whilst lamenting a lack of health, though :P On E3, the secret you were trying to unravel in the tall room with the pillars of skulls wasn't for the plasma rifle. You can actually get that just by running off of the stairs you built, through the fake wall (you can see through it from behind, which is the hint!). The sequence of lifts and switches is to access the blue key and there's a third secret in that room (that you briefly had on screen but didn't see), which opens up the bit where the blue key door is. Quite a complex room, and the stairs being built kind of blocks access to the fourth lift/switch in the sequence, unfortunately, so I don't blame you for giving up. I never worked out how to solve that, unfortunately! If you're wondering why you would want to go through a hidden blue key door with a hidden blue key... It'll get you a BFG9000!

I feel like you'd have breezed through on HMP there, looking at how you got on with UV. There's much more generous armour provision, a bit more ammo (or it's more readily supplied) and fewer enemies. Thanks again - you're the first person who I know for sure has been through all four maps!

MASS EXTINCTION - MAP19/20/21/22

BY @nicolas monti

Download Here

So i have been playtesting the maps of this interesting mapper by his request and boy oh boy its always a funtime. Still, there are some things that i have to point out here that i think it could be better in my opinion:

- Map19, the final fight with the Mancubus are totally unfair...yes yes you can do it,  (i did it) , but putting the doomguy in center of the arena to be shot from the front and the back, with no damn protection, its unfair. It reminds me that thing with the seven Cyberdemons you have (that you did some modifications);

- Map20, to gain, to know and to see the yellow key card should be improved. It mixes with the buildings in the background...i pressed the switch, i knew something happened...but i found the pathway to yellow key card mostly by accident.

- Map21, before the fight With the Cyberdemon, there is an area in the nukage at the right...its not textured i think and messes everything up when you fall there (in the video you can see that at 30:35), and this one you have to fix it.

- Map22 actually, i have nothing to say about, pretty much enjoyed the fucking fight with the Archies...but man...its hardtime. Still, you can do it...and this time, for me its very fair.

Final Remarks:

- I said it once, i say it again, i like this mapper. Not thousands of monsters "per" map...but good monster placement, and smart design.

- Keep up the nice job!

- thanks for the request.

-----//-----

TRICKS AND TRAPS REDUX

BY @Alfredo

Download Here (= Replaces Map08 in DOOM2 =)

So i got this map, with 500 and something monsters, but let that discourage you. At the first i thought it was a little weird (starting point) or would be a slaughter map, wich i dont enjoy much...but the map started to "normalize" and i had fun. The map its all well connected, the mapper gives you no starvation on ammo or health. Some interesting fights and alot of work was done there. 

Final Remarks:

- I enjoyed the map in the overall...got scared at the beggining but yeah...fun!

- The mapper says it was his 5th map, he said he thought it was decent...I say its decent, pretty solid.

- Hope this mapper continues...hope for more.

- Thanks for the request.

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

So I decided to go back to mapping and that's what I came up with during the last 2 weeks:

http://jaceknowak.net/storage/doom/hydrogen.wad

I would be grateful if you could playtest this one.

I did a lot of playtesting myself in an attempt to balance the map on all 3 skill levels... and the more I play it the less I can tell how easy or how hard it is... Feel free to pick either HMP or UV and I would appreciate any feedback on how it plays.

Some basic info:
Game: Doom 2.
Format: limit-removing (tested in Crispy and ZDoom)
Designed for classic gameplay.
Please do NOT jump.
Freelook is allowed but not recommended.
Exploration is encouraged!

Approximate play length: 30 minutes
All difficulties are implemented.

I hope you will enjoy it!

Jazz Jackrabbit Doom TC - v2.1

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8y6b9gc6q1aiczy/JJDoom_-_v2.1.wad/file

Source Port: GzDoom Only

IWAD: Doom 2

Levels: 20 (1-21), Level 21 (TBA)

Crouch, Jump, Freelook is recommended

Here is the latest version I have for everyone to download. I am currently doing more updates, which won't be on this version. A new version will be announced once I'm completed with everything. Thank you.

If you see any bugs or errors in this version, let me know. I may have fixed them during my current status of my this mod but it's best to be safe than sorry. Thank you all again for the support and help!

68323037_2796651693696094_6212449037207994368_n.jpg

66058876_2733158296712101_4587298378076913664_o.jpg

65482987_2729122507115680_4551257662523703296_o.jpg

67438795_2796651427029454_3137852292699521024_n.jpg

HYDROGEN

BY @jacnowak

Download Here

So, this mapper started to do his mapping once again, and it tooked him two weeks. Glad to see this map, glad to play it, and yes, you should continue mapping. You can see quality, kind of old school DOOM WAD.

I started no too long ago to play in UV, and it was a joy, with hidden monsters for surprise behing you, a solid map to get the keys, always moving around. Yes, i had fun.

Final Remarks:

- In the video (21:54) there is a change of light in the game, i think that is not on purpose..or is it?

- I got myself without ammo...but its manageble. I did not found the plasma gun, i know you invited the player to explore the map...maybe i should had explored more.

- Using the correct way to use switches (in my opinion), you did it right. Theres the use of the switch, and consequence in front of you. Nice.

- Very glad you started mapping again...i would like to see more..and more...hope you continue.

- More comments in the video.

- Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

SCOURGE

MEGAWAD BY @Phobus

This was not a request.

When i started to do some mapping, the name of my WADs was given SCOURGE.

Its a mere coincidence that we both chosed the same name. I said i would play and record it just for fun, for the coincidence.

I will make no remarks, i will just say that i had fun and wish my first release was like this.

-----//-----

MASS EXTINCTION - MAP23/24/25

BY @nicolas monti

The project of this mapper keeps on going, and higher the steps on this MegaWAD, higher the dificulty.

Sometimes its not the amount of monsters you have in a map, but the monster placement and the tactics that you will have to discover the overpass them. And nicolas monti is doing this in a smart way and in my opinion, the good way. 

Map24 and map25 are maps a little bit "crispy" but you can do it...but undestand that you will die...a few times. Map23 is interesting the starts a little bit smooth...but more in forward it gets the "crispyness" that is hidden.

Final Remarks:

- This will maybe sound like a joke...but...i missed the "Lara Croft" platforms...

- Nice maps, you have to have patience, never stop...never give up.

- Ill be waiting for the upcoming!

- More comments in the videos.

- Thanks for the request.

-----//-----