Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blake00

New Picard trailer just dropped

Any one else pumped for this?? As the creator of Star Trek TNG vs the Borg ZDoom clearly it should be no surprise that I am haha! :P

Data, 7 of 9, the Borg, Hugh (borg guy from TNG), and apparently Riker & Troi too.. all back!! 

CBS region locked the trailer surprise surprise but I found a amazon international one:

EDIT: CBS trailer for US (which I can't play):

Edited by Blake00

No fellow trek fans here?? considering how many people posted in my star trek doom thread here I'm kinda surprised no one blinks an eye over a new star trek show trailer haha.

Oh well if there are some quiet fans here I just found this trailer analysis by Trek Central. Looks like they going with post apocalypse (the controversial supernova event) Romulan's experimenting with Borg technology presumably to try and regain some lost power. Gotta love the lab sign saying 5,843 days without assimilation lol! Looks like they have control of a cube too. Considering Romulan's and Borg were my favourite villains from TNG this pleases me greatly.

Didn't see this thread before. Anyway, I'm super hyped for this show after the trailer. The TNG era was always my favorite Trek and I'm glad they're returning to that era. Damn all these prequel and alternate timelines things!

Yes I'm a trekkie , and I couldn't  be more excited for this series. My favourite captain back in action after all this time will be something to behold......... I hope.

Hrr it be saying video not available (analysis one does work tho). Oh well, I'm certainly looking forward to this.

16 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

Hrr it be saying video not available (analysis one does work tho). Oh well, I'm certainly looking forward to this.

I've put in the CBS USA one into the OP too that I can't play here in Australia. Apparently if you're in Canada you can't see either of these trailers cause the universe hates you lol.

27 minutes ago, Blake00 said:

I've put in the CBS USA one into the OP too that I can't play here in Australia. Apparently if you're in Canada you can't see either of these trailers cause the universe hates you lol.

Yes, the universe can be annoying like that sometimes.

Anyhow I did finally find it on these pages....

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/data-the-borg-and-seven-of-nine-confirmed-for-star-trek-picard/

https://metro.co.uk/video/star-trek-picard-official-trailer-1969828/

My guess is that the girl is someone cloned from Picard's DNA (both the Romulans and Borg would have it) using Borg technology. There seems to be as much emphasis on her as on Jean-Luc in the trailer. Also, if they want to continue this series without Patrick Stewart for whatever reason, they would still have his "daughter". Thus, the title of the series "Picard" refers not only to our favorite captain, but the girl as well.

I for one am happy to have proof there's something beyond the DS9 timeline in the alpha quadrant to prove that Odo's people didn't take over.  DS9 so underrated it's become the most overrated.

While we all love TNG and Picard... this won't be TNG. I fear it will be more like Discovery where you better like the main storyline, because that's 80% of the show. A lot of fans seem to just want that early 90s version of Trek and not the giant budget Trek that it's become.

I was fearing for a while it would be old Picard reciting his memories from pre TNG, because that franchise loves to go to the past and not the future. As Rick Berman said it's a struggle going to the future, because how much more futuristic can you make a futuristic star ship?

With Seven of Nine on board it can't fail! Voyager still somehow manages to be one of Netflix top shows.

Also didn't Brent Spiner say he's retiring as Data, because Data can't age, while he has.

Speaking of Data, there was a fan theory going that Lore was Data for an entire season and Data is that third android they found to end Nemesis with.

It's like Patrick Stewart has not aged in 20something years..

Oooooh looks like Robert Picardo, the EMH Doctor from Voyager might be in Star Trek Picard too. God this show opens up so many cool things for not just TNG fans but Voyager and DS9 fans too! :)

New Picard trailer from New York Comic Con!

Gave me chills.

Edited by Eurisko

Yup! The beard is back! The old uniforms make a cameo! 7 or 9 is doing her Ronin thing. And we introduce the most hated admiral in Star Trek history haha!

For people in US who can't play the other vid:

I've seen the first ep now.

My thoughts (SPOILER ALERT):

Spoiler

I loved the opening shot with the camera closing in on the Enterprise D (which had some interesting design modifications) and going through the window into to the room.. the kind of shot you always wanted to see as a kid watching TNG but knew they couldn't really do effectively (well not without spending some heavy money lol, which is kind of ironic considering the 60s failed trek pilot sort of has a camera through bridge window shot)..

I enjoyed the whole episode but I feel like I can't quite give judgement yet. I need to know more about what's going on and need to see how things pan out story wise.

Also the zero mention of Lal and Lore seems a bit strange in a world where the daystrom institute desperately wanted to replicate Data. I mean what happened to their parts after they were disassembled? B4 was in a drawer so where's the Lal and Lore drawers haha?

First thought was.. did the writers forget them?.. but that seems unlikely consider they brought Hugh back which means they clearly remember Descent 1 & 2 which Lore was in. The whole Daughter 2.0 storyline suggests the Lal episode is something they know too. Plus Frakes directed that one and he's involved in Picard.

Having seeing information elsewhere, this does NOT interest me in the slightest..

On 8/9/2019 at 10:21 AM, Doom_Dude said:

Us Canadians need to quit being so polite.  We need to rise up against the bastards keeping us down. We need to show....

Ah fuck it.  Eh?

Stphrz! Take off, eh! ;)

I saw the first episode of Picard. I thought it was pretty good. Looking forward to more. Much better than that Star Trek DickSpore with the KlingOrcs and all the arsenpuffins.

I liked the first episode!

It's doing some obvious social commentary (refugee crisis; blanket "banning" certain types of people) which I think is great - Star Trek has always addressed current social events, and in particular it's something that I haven't really seen from Discovery since it started. I suspect that Patrick Stewart may be partly responsible for that influence. Stewart himself is showing his age somewhat, and I was worried that he might not have the energy for doing something like this any more, but I was pleasantly surprised.

It's certainly not perfect - in particular the plot feels like it's a bit loosely-strung together, a common failing of a lot of modern films and TV shows where it sometimes seems like they're a series of scenes that will make for good Youtube videos, and the overall narrative ends up in the back seat. That said, it's certainly not the worst case I've seen, and the real test will be how it holds together as the series progresses.

If you were a fan of TNG I would recommend giving it a watch.

19 producers and 5 writers. That's how you know you're getting a quality product. 

50 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

Much better than that Star Trek DickSpore with the KlingOrcs and all the arsenpuffins.

Ha!  Arsenpuffins.  You kill me dude.😊

Guest MIND

Quentin Tarantino is rumored to be making his last film an R rated version of Star Trek. I cant wait for that.

I definitely have an interest in this ever since i became a Star Trek fan (which was only a couple of years ago in fact) but since i don't subscribe to anything but Netflix i doubt i'll get to see it. I'm on a limited budget money wise so i can't really afford to pay for all of these different services like Hulu or Amazon Prime but i do hope that eventually i'll be able to watch it.

Maybe when the first season is over with and it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray i could buy it then.

I'm currently going through Deep Space Nine again (i'm on season 4) for my second time so i still have some Star Trek left to watch :)

BTW, i still haven't watched Discovery either but i heard that it wasn't very good...

I watched the first episode last week and I thought it was very good. I'm interested to see where the story goes. 

Regarding Discovery... I think it's a solid show and don't mind watching it. Is it Star Trek though? At times it feels like it could be. Sometimes not. I believe (don't quote me on this; I'm not entirely sure) much of the visual changes, i.e. the Klingons, starship designs, are because of licensing agreements. I don't think they could have gone back to using more "classic" designs. I know it wasn't really brought up here (from what I see), but it's a common complaint.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:00 PM, Mr. Freeze said:

uh oh

I only lasted 15 or so mins as those guys are idiots (albeit entertaining ones though lol). They missed so many plot points (resulting in them incorrectly guessing story issues) and kept incorrectly remembering events from TNG & other Trek shows as well lol. If you're going to sh*t all over something at least get your facts right haha!

Anyway apparently CBS has posted the first episode of Picard on YouTube for a limited time. So, if you dont have All Access and want to check it out, you have til Feb 7 to watch it for free. Naturally it's region locked though urgh.

Episode 2 of Picard seen. Glad it explains some of the mysteries & fan complaints about the first episode. SPOILER ALERT

A few fans complained about the weird Starfleet HQ 'rooftop cleanup' job & leave Picard on his couch with no questions asked scene jump moment in ep 1 but now we see the Commodore reviewing the battle cleanup footage (questioning it's effectiveness) and discover this fascinating Starfleet conspiracy with secret Romulan sect plot. I remember people in the past getting so upset about the English writing in the Romulan Borg research post but there are a lots of humans there which explains that one.

We see that the Androids that destroyed Utopia planitia were 'hacked' presumably by this secret synthetic hating Romulan faction. And holy moly they actually acknowledged Picard's Irumodic syndrome that afflicted him around now in the alternate future seen in TNG finale All Good Things. I'm impressed with their attention to detail (regarding old Trek events), which makes me hope the writers haven't forgotten Lore & Lal after all.

The only real gaff I saw was Laris saying Romulans never had a cybernetic program which contradicts the awesome TNG S3 ep the defector where Admiral Jarok tells Data that he knows a number of Romulan cyberneticists that would love to get their hands on him. Although then again maybe its not a gaff as we saw Romulan experts pulling apart dead Borg. You cant really study Borgs without some good cyberneticists lol. Probably just more Romulan secrets lol.

The show is also on Sci-Fi Channel here in Canada. Just watched the 2nd episode yesterday. So far it's been very good.

[edit] The Facepalm Brothers or whatever they call themselves are less interesting than Star Trek Discovery. I watched 2 minutes of that review and I don't see why I would want to watch that for 46 minutes. :p

Edited by Doom_Dude

2 hours ago, Blake00 said:

Anyway apparently CBS has posted the first episode of Picard on YouTube for a limited time. So, if you dont have All Access and want to check it out, you have til Feb 7 to watch it for free. Naturally it's region locked though urgh.

Thanks for the heads up! Thankfully it works me (most shows do as i'm in the US). I'll have to download it and watch it later.