Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMSLAYER93

OK soooooo....

1.I now have doom on a laptop and Monitor                     2. I am on the level    e2m4? I think.                 3.           Which Is Better? Ultimate doom, Doom shareware or Doom 2?                                             

Doom II has the better bestiary and weapon selection, (Ultimate) Doom has the better atmosphere and pacing.

Definitely play both (no need for shareware if you can get Ultimate). Decide for yourself which you prefer. There is no objective answer to the question you've asked.

18 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Doom II has the better bestiary and weapon selection, (Ultimate) Doom has the better atmosphere and pacing.

Pretty much this.

Both Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 are awesome, Ultimate doom is better than shareware, I mean, Full campaign and it's pretty cheap.

Since I grew up playing Doom 2, I would always prefer that over Ultimate Doom. I played Ultimate Doom much later actually, but really quite enjoyed it. Doom 2 is just more nostalgic for me personally. You should definitely play both Doom and Doom 2.

Shareware is literally just Episode 1. It's single advantage is that it's free. But since you already have Ultimate Doom, and in another thread mentioned how you beat E1, you've already completed everything Shareware has to offer.

As for which is "better", that's really up to you. Play through both a couple times and decide for yourself. Personally I think Doom II is stronger overall, but I'm more nostalgic for Ultimate since that's what I played as a kid. (Well, that and Doom 64, but that's kind of its own thing.)

There's also Final Doom with its two fanmade campaigns, TNT Evilution and The Plutonia Experiment. TNT involves longer levels that are roughly balanced like Doom II (iirc), while Plutonia is... Bunny Music.