Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Junglist

Returning to Doom after six year break

I couldn't resist any longer.  After abandoning video games altogether for many years, I've finally found my way back to the one game dearest to my heart... that is Doom!

When I was younger I played through nearly every single WAD listed in the first dozen Cacoawards!!  I remember that time with fond nostalgia...

What's new??  I'm glad to see the community is still lively and that excellent new WADs are still being produced!

Welcome back!

Well, what's new...A LOT OF NEW WADS...Seriously, I'm kinda scared to do a list of everything good thing you must play right now.

Well, you should play everything mentioned in Cacowards (again). There are a lot of nominated WADS in 6 years, of course.

There are a lot of good wads which are not have cacowards, try for example this

I'm playing Eviternity right now since there seemed to be a bit of buzz about that one!  This "Doom64 for Doom II" looks very interesting, I'll try it soon.. I remember playing Doom64 on nintendo, but the levels were kind of confusing to get through and I never got very far. :(

Welcome back marine! As you can see these space bases and tech facilities have been overrun with demons! It's a never ending fight and its up to you to clean these facilities with your shotgun and paint the halls red. Get to it!

2 hours ago, Junglist said:

I couldn't resist any longer.  After abandoning video games altogether for many years, I've finally found my way back to the one game dearest to my heart... that is Doom!

When I was younger I played through nearly every single WAD listed in the first dozen Cacoawards!!  I remember that time with fond nostalgia...

What's new??  I'm glad to see the community is still lively and that excellent new WADs are still being produced!

mods are one thing but the new doom games are really popular too

1 hour ago, Junglist said:

I'm playing Eviternity right now since there seemed to be a bit of buzz about that one!  This "Doom64 for Doom II" looks very interesting, I'll try it soon.. I remember playing Doom64 on nintendo, but the levels were kind of confusing to get through and I never got very far. :(

Wise choice. I was just going to recommend Eviternity.

Also if want some Doom 64, I recommend Doom 64: Retribution. It is mostly accurate to the original game while adding a few minor improvements for that extra bit of polish.