Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deleted User

Can i make maps on Android?

Sadly, it appears that there was an effort to make an Android level editor for DOOM that was sorta shot-down with suggestions of it being pointless because, why not just get Doom Builder on a laptop right?

I found this out when searching after I realised how much damn downtime I get at work with nothing but an Android tablet for company; and I ain't taking my laptop to work.

I know, this ain't helping. Just saying.

7 hours ago, Jayextee said:

Sadly, it appears that there was an effort to make an Android level editor for DOOM that was sorta shot-down with suggestions of it being pointless because, why not just get Doom Builder on a laptop right?

I found this out when searching after I realised how much damn downtime I get at work with nothing but an Android tablet for company; and I ain't taking my laptop to work.

I know, this ain't helping. Just saying.

So I cant map on Android?

actually MAYBE you can, I'm NOT SURE but pay attention to what i'm about to say.

First you need a way to emulate a DOS system, you can try the DosBox Turbo App for example, or any other DOS Emulator that you're familiarized.
Them you need to download DOS based Map Editor, you can see some there https://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/utils/editors.php
Now I have no idea how you can download it on the android and run it via the dos-box but it's probably the only way.

You can consider my option but REMENBER I'm not good with mobiles systems, it's just an idea.

Also: These Dos map editors are very outdated by the way.

Edited by Xindage

34 minutes ago, Xindage said:

You can consider my option but REMENBER I'm not good with mobiles systems, it's just an idea.

Remember*
But I will take a look into it since that sounds interesting for me here...