Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bratish

Fatal Deminity (Open Doom 3)

fatal_deminity_logo_noshadow.png

Fatal Deminity - is equivalent of FreeDoom for Doom 3, which will replace all resources of commercial game on basis of predecessor, that is, with replacement contents of files, but without replacing old names, which makes sense to support modifications made ever for Doom 3.

Developers Team currently consists of 45 peoples, and only two are directly related to project, while remaining 43 are authors of sound samples from FreeSound.org. We hope that soon many people who are involved in Doom 3 modding will join project to help us with 3D models, levels, etc.

Currently, only a small part of the content is implemented, but there are already 10 music tracks :)

Download latest release (0.0.6)

Edited by Bratish : Text edited

Write, what tou think about idea, and if You have desire to develop this project, then help us.

Edited by Bratish

Personally I have no interest in doom 3 but good luck with your project. Please don't confuse people by calling it freedoom though. 

Dear friends!

I do not see any point in renaming project. I wrote that it would be "FreeDoom, but on more modern engine". Yes, game will have slightly different design, but understand me correctly - this will be due to fact that if the version based on idTech 1 changed its content, so idTech 3 version will change what is called Doom 3 in  commercial equivalent. I think, for example, Flesh Worm will have cybernized tail, like Pinky from Doom 3, and Deadflare will be the flying heads of a bearded man (NOT Richard Stollman!), like Lost Souls from original. Indeed, according to visual, FreeDoom is like Reversed Doom, if you correctly understand meaning of this word. It’s like antonyms, if any words. And how is it, "has nothing to do"? Then let’s say that Doom 3 is not Doom, but a different universe in general, eh? And Doom 2016, is this any kind of perversion? Third phase is visual rethinking of FreeDoom, but meaning - free "base"-directory for Doom 3 - is same as free IWAD for FreeDoom. In my project, the file names will be same as in original, but contents are different. This is necessary in order for mods made for Doom 3 to launch under FreeDoom: Phase 3. Isn't FreeDoom Phase 1-2 resources based same way? You still have old file names in IWAD, and all this is also necessary in order for mods under Doom 1-2 to work under its free equivalent.

In third Phase, the story will be rethinking of original first phase, names of monsters and weapons are only slightly corrected for more "epicness", visual is slightly "futurized", but textures, I think, will be taken from freedoom1-2.wad completely, without any special changes. It's like Quake-Doom TC, but only for Doom 3 and with focus on "free resources."

I will not change name of my project if it has no bureaucratic reasons. Excuses in style of "this is not FreeDoom" I have denied.

Thruly your Bratish, The Soundman

Edited by Bratish

In addition to sounds, I painted symbol that would be project icon. In original, it was an inverted pentagram, in free equivalent, it is fiery sign of infinity, which symbolizes that creatures of Horizon have no end and edge, and war that protagonist is waging, too.

42 minutes ago, Bratish said:

I will not change name of my project if it has no bureaucratic reasons. Excuses in style of "this is not FreeDoom" I have denied.

It's quite simple really. Freedoom is the name of an existing project, you're starting a new project, calling it "Freedoom" implies you're associated with the Freedoom project or endorsed by us, and you're not. You're being a jerk by using the project name when we've asked you to disassociate yourself, please just use your imagination and pick a new name.

Dear fraggle!

Almost on my fingers I explained what will be in my project. I ask you to approve it, please. Because FD-community will not be affected by the equivalent of a more modern Doom!

Thruly yours Bratish, The Soundman

Meanwhile, i created two sketches that will be later used by an experienced 3D designer in creating Handgun and Boomstick. They are both based on Pistol and Shotgun from Alpha version of Doom 3.

44 minutes ago, Bratish said:

Almost on my fingers I explained what will be in my project. I ask you to approve it, please. Because FD-community will not be affected by the equivalent of a more modern Doom!

No. Call your mod anything you want, just don't call it Freedoom. You don't get to steal other people's project names.

Third time asking.

Dear bratish,

fraggle runs the freedoom project, he's asking you to change the name because he doesn't want it to be connected with this project regardless of quality.  people don't like it when others yank their names.

Actually, I argued twice, and only once asked. This is a word. And so, now I agree to change the name. Do you mind the "Third Phase" option, with an analogy to the "Second Model" by Philip Dick?

1 minute ago, Bratish said:

Do you mind the "Third Phase" option, with an analogy to the "Second Model" by Philip Dick?

I have no idea what this means. Just change the project name, stop calling this "Freedoom".

dear bratish,

please refrain from being brat-ish

there are plenty of names you could use
"libredoom 3"
"opendoom 3"
hell you don't even have to stick with open or free in the title
"demon project"
"impsedious"
"martian cacophony"

Lord, isn't it clear here? "Third Phase" is a phrase that does not have FreeDoom in its name, but implies it if you know what IWAD was called for id Tech 1 - FreeDoom Phase 1 & 2. Only in the case of Doom 3 there will not be a word FreeDoom here, but the number 3 will be written in words. Now did I get my information?

Oh yes, about the Martian Cacophony. In a commercial game, it happens there. I didn’t look at FreeDoom, but it seems that there the action takes place first on the Moon, and then “Beyond the Horizon”. So it is this option that I will never apply to the name.

P.S. And yes, try to refrain from swearing in my thread. I’m in a bad mood right now, but I don’t stoop to the jargon of bandits.

By the way, if you type opendoom in search, you can stumble upon this. This is a real reason Scott Carlson scold me the last words for using the name of his port.

Edited by Bratish

17 minutes ago, Bratish said:

P.S. And yes, try to refrain from swearing in my thread. I’m in a bad mood right now, but I don’t stoop to the jargon of bandits.

you're right, my good sir. forgive me, for i forgot that this was a christian fucking forum. my apologies, sir.

Actually, I'm not kidding. The first time I saw abuse at the Doomword in a post where you said that I can’t use Martian cacophony as a name. And I thought that swearing was the only drawback of the Russian community. How wrong I was ...

ok, playing with you is getting nowhere. so here's the skinny, jack;

people don't like it when you crib other's names against their consent. it gives people a bad taste about you. people won't want to work with you, and the only thing people will say about the project is about the name and they won't give you a fair shake. that's just how things happen. it's not doom, it's not this community, it's just how the world works. please, bratish, change the name to anything that isn't taken.

or else i will return to you with the jargon of bandits, good sir.

I'm currently doing sounds for pak000. Dryfire for the gun is already ready, all sounds are cassings and now I'm trying to make the sounds of a shot and reload. When I finish this, I will change the name. Now, alas, I'm busy. After all, I still need to make a report in the form of links to sounds from Freesound.org, since from my own experience I realized that without this there are problems with the license.

At this moment of development there are only sounds (and even not all of them). The only images related to the project are concept art.

To summarize version 0.0.3.

1. With the name at the moment we decided - Third Phase.
2. From the material we have only few concept-arts and sounds for some weapons and zombies. Oh yes, there’s also music for main menu.
3. 10 sounds are used with FreeSound, and as I can determine without fraggle, they are all licensed by Creative Commons 0.

Bottom line - at moment, only 3% are implemented in free Doom 3 analogue project (if you count only sounds). What can I say, good start, dear FreeDoom community! And this despite fact that I had to do everything myself. Well, sometimes it’s even worse, but I remind you that we even have music, which is not always case at beginning of project. So, in fact, development is very, very successful. I sincerely congratulate FreeDoom-community on fact that soon you will have FreeDoom for Doom 3, although, yes, without “trademark”.

Thruly yours Bratish, The Soundman.