Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robo_Cola

Quakecon 2019 Marty & Hugo Interview

Part 6 of 15 that caught my ear.

The second half of this video Marty says the campaign will be more "heavy-handed" on story compared to Doom 2016, for what that's worth.  He also mentions that the campaign will run about "18 to 22 hours" on a "fairly complete run" in an earlier part of this interview series.

It's hard to say exactly what Marty meant here but I really hope they don't go overboard on those elements (in particular, cutscenes) cause those were my least favorite bits of 2016.  Keep the story to the codices.

What do you guys think?

Edited by STILES

There’s some good stuff in these clips:

- Invasion is confirmed to still be a thing, and the demons you invade as may depend on the map. The demons will function like they do in Battlemode except won’t be able to spawn AI demons.

- Ultra Nightmare will be back, but when discussing that they say other modes too, and it sounds like they say there’s an extra lives mode. Does that mean the 1Ups are only in that mode and not on every difficulty? 

- The Codex won’t have as many entries as 2016 but the stuff we do get in it will be more focused/relevant to the missions in the campaign.

really hard to tell, they said 13 hours for the last game and it took me approximately 10 hrs for a complete nightmare run with all the runes and secrets I think. maybe a bit longer. but longer campaign = good stuff! I was actually contemplating getting the deluxe edition -- I had question about it that I wonder if anyone here knows the answer to. They show a different cover art with the deluxe edition compared to the regular game, will I get a different cover art if I get a physical copy of the deluxe edition? also I'm guessing we get pre-order bonuses + the deluxe edition stuff with deluxe?

Edited by sleepiii

On 8/21/2019 at 1:46 AM, bj25x said:

- Ultra Nightmare will be back, but when discussing that they say other modes too, and it sounds like they say there’s an extra lives mode. Does that mean the 1Ups are only in that mode and not on every difficulty? 

I believe Extra Lives mode is, based off the video, “you start with 3, and that’s all you get.” (I’d say maybe there could be different possibilities, too?