Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Old Nerd

Old Nerd Playing Doom On PC

If you're not going for the original experience you should atleast disable freelook. if not you could get some mods, smooth doom or beautifull doom make the game look a lot better without making any gameplay diffrences, check them out

Ah, thx for fast feedback men. This is my first run after 20 years , so i like that free look in fact :D Maybe i will try that chocolate version on next run, and higher difficulty too.

17 hours ago, ant said:

Old? How old? Is over 40 old? I'm a nerd too.

I didnt want to uncover real age, but, ok. Really close to 40, man. So i decided to classify myself as "Old" gamer. It is also because i cant understand preferences of younger gamers. I mean those games like films, where you are doing nothing, just watching, or walking simulators. I remember first RPG games transformed to great series like Might & Magic focused on quality of gameplay, not just Graphics. This channel is something like my personal crusade if you know what i mean.

I'm 37, that ain't so old is it??

At least that means I was 12-13 when I first played Doom, scientifically determined to be the perfect age to discover it.

Mid 30s here. We have all age ranges here! No such thing as an old gamer in this day and age.

That said, I will stick up for walking simulators till the cows come home. Dear Esther and What Remains of Edith Finch of two of my all-time favorite gaming experiences. 

:D Wow guys. Glad to see here are more old gamers :) Please don't take it personally, but for gaming it is stg like retirement. When i was 30, i started feeling that my speed, coordination and reflexes gone rapidly down, especially in FPS genres (as you can actually see on my videos :D )

My bro is 59 and he still games. Not so much Doom, tho he did play Doom 2016. He was playing some Witcher 3 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

I've kinda been in a Doom slump since April. Got burned out on making levels and took a break. Maybe I need a nukage energy drink... if there was such a thing. ;)

7 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

53 and still dooming. Doom on young people....

Damn dude, I thought you were in your 30s/early 40s or something..beats me by a bit, considering I turned 37 this year.

3 hours ago, Armaetus said:

Damn dude, I thought you were in your 30s/early 40s or something..beats me by a bit, considering I turned 37 this year.

Ya well, I was at one point but this time thing keeps going forward. ;)

13 hours ago, Old Nerd said:

:D Wow guys. Glad to see here are more old gamers :) Please don't take it personally, but for gaming it is stg like retirement. When i was 30, i started feeling that my speed, coordination and reflexes gone rapidly down, especially in FPS genres (as you can actually see on my videos :D )

Approaching 40 myself too. I got Rare Replay for the Xbox One last year. I booted up Killer Instinct Gold again where I had some big combo lengths when I was a teen. I couldn't even pull off one combo anymore. I don't know if its my reflexes or that I am just out of practice. I definitely dont play games as much as I used to back then, so I don't know for sure!

11 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Well I guess I am still younger than most folks here. 23 years old here

And me 22.

But damn we have some old folks around for sure, which is awesome :D .

I'm mid 30's , been playing DOOM since '97. Which when i say it , seems a really long time ago now.

19 here, begined Dooming at 16 and I think I have lots of time left still to enjoy this game

PS: I would love to see somebody pop up and say "BOY!!! Iam 65 or so..... Just like the meme Doom is Eternal.......