Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Theshyguy489

Bellator Reworked (WAD)

Thanks to all the criticisms from Bellator I have reworked my debut WAD.

Bellator Reworked

A 10 map Wad with some experimental levels.

MAJOR CHANGES

-More maps have continuity

-Map01; hit-scan maze removed and changed, added new secrets

-Map02; more rooms have been added

-Map11; (secret level) has been removed for quality control

-Map04; made progress more obvious and not hidden by secrets, Waterworld expanded

-Map09; new secrets, made more room to fight ambush

-Map10; HUGE rework, almost completely new!

There are other minor changes with balancing and look.

I do not plan on making another rework but please give me criticism.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EWcc3W5SVgtJRQT4imcOTUTTnsyK8lsw

Requirements:

GZdoom

Crouching and jumping

Mouselook

Map02 (SSSSHH) is a bit tricky when using Brutal Doom.

Heres some tips; Use jump-kick to get over the water, Do not hit the water, Do not jump down onto anything, Melee is silent.

Brutal Doom messes with footstep sounds.

Screenshot_Doom_20190813_111146.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190813_111206.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190813_111252.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190813_111411.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190813_111458.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190813_111521.png

Edited by Theshyguy489

I played both the original and this. It feels the same way, and despite being a rework, most of the rooms look how they originally did with no new detail or lighting. The new map 10 is better than the old one. But fighting cyber demons got boring after the original version, I would have rather had instead of the four cyber demons, you used a bunch of other enemies to make the fight more interesting. When I played the original I was having a fun shooting time, but the second time through, It felt boring. I think you should have remade this WAD a while after you made the original, because the difference between this one and the original is abysmal, It seemed like I was playing the same thing again.

OK, I changed my mind. I'm going to do a FULL rework. I will make all the levels feel new and add more detail. And I will remake MAP11. This will take a while.

Just now, Theshyguy489 said:

OK, I changed my mind. I'm going to do a FULL rework. I will make all the levels feel new and add more detail. And I will remake MAP11. This will take a while.

You should not do a full rework right now. Because your skill level seems to be about the same, so it wont make a difference. Don't rework this WAD again, I can tell that you really like it and that you wan't it to be the best that it can be but you have to put it down for now and do something else.

Hattington is right. You shouldn't spend so much time continually refining maps as it could theoretically never end. Decide when something is finished then cut it off, learn from it and move on to your next idea.

Learn from what you did and make new maps. The problem with trying to constantly refine old maps is you don't learn anything new.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:59 PM, Super Mighty G said:

Hattington is right. You shouldn't spend so much time continually refining maps as it could theoretically never end. Decide when something is finished then cut it off, learn from it and move on to your next idea.

Don't worry guys. This current rework was lazy. What im working on now will surprise you. The real rework is coming but it will take some time as I am slow to work. I have actually learned a lot and I'm going to incorporate that into the maps.