Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

New Doom port cheevo lists

In the first DOOM, has any one actually done the 'Not So Bad' Trophy? It's the one where you have to complete it on Nightmare in CO-OP. Any tips? It's a bloody stupid trophy.

Btw, on the topic of achievements: the Playstation/SNES ports of Doom (and also Doom 64) have entries in Retroachievements.org, so they do have achievements when playing on emulators that support those.

I think Retroachievements is about the only unofficial fanmade database of achievements/accounts that has had any relative success.

If there's any port interested in adding support for such a thing maybe it would make more sense to use the retroachivements API and servers than create a completely new thing, I don't think extra lumps would be necessary since the info for each game is in the remote servers, but it would need coordination with the team behind retroachievements to get them to have Doom accepted as a platform with retroachievement support.

Edited by Ferk

Took a look at that Doom 64 list yesterday actually. Pretty good, simple list. I know I can get them all. :D

However, I'd like to see more "challenge" type achievements. Stuff like this:

Complete The Absolution on Watch Me Die without closing any portals while posssessing all three Demon keys.

Finish the game on any difficulty without using cell ammo.

Complete Dark Entries on Watch Me Die without taking damage from traps.

Because I'm impatient and a fan of achievements, I made an account at RetroAchievements and set up RAP64. It's pretty cool so far, however I noticed some achievements are unlocking early. I finished Hectic (by stalling the macros lol) and then all the Terraformer ones unlocked at the start. It seems to be a thing that can happen, there are other tickets saying it does that. It's still pretty cool. I'm going to try to get everything except Hectic with 100% kills. It would be really cool if Doom 64 EX could use their API or whatever, and unlock them with EX. That way, I could have proper mouse support.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:56 AM, printz said:

I'm starting to dislike Bethesda/id's attempts at being cool while delivering low-quality non-desktop ports.

I second this. They also should never have added achievements IMO. Doom at its core is pretty basic, what kind of achievements are you gonna get outside the secrets, level time completetion, and boss fites?

1 hour ago, warman2012 said:

I second this. They also should never have added achievements IMO. Doom at its core is pretty basic, what kind of achievements are you gonna get outside the secrets, level time completetion, and boss fites?

I would not mind more short little wisdoms and clever quips from Linguica into Doom. If there is anyone qualified to make them, its him. :)