Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kloki38

(GZDoom) Teleporter does not work with new TID

Hello,

I am making an arena COOP map in which all players are teleported into another section of the map after they kill all enemies. The problem is, that I have to change the players TID in order to do so, but the teleport with the new TID doesn´t work - nothing happens.The changing script is from the wiki.  The rest of my script works fine. 

Script 1 ENTER 
{
	Thing_ChangeTID(0, 1000 + PlayerNumber());
}

script 5 (void) 
{
if (++round1 == 2) 
{
	   delay(100);
	   setFont("HBIGFONT");
	   HudMessage(s:"Round 1 has been completed";HUDMSG_TYPEON | HUDMSG_LOG, 0, CR_red, 1.5, 0.4,2.0,0.1, 0.08);
	    delay(145);
	 Teleport(1000,6,0);
     Teleport(1001,7,0); 
} 
}

Edited by Kloki38

Not 100% sure, but that "{" after "round 1" doesn't look right. Looks like it is being removed from the script by the  "//". Try moving it down to the next line.

Thanks. But the teleporter still doesn´t work.  The message pops up fine and thats it.

3 hours ago, Kloki38 said:

Teleport(1000,6,0);

1000 should be the TID of the teleport destination spot. Looks like you have it as the player tid.

I found this on the zdoom wiki if you simply want to teleport the player to a given sector... never tried it before though.

Spoiler

SampleTeleportFunction (int tag [, int tid = 0 [, bool silent = false]])

Here is a function that takes one required parameter (tag) and can optionally take two more (tid and silent). If you simply want to teleport the player to a given sector, you might just use this simple line in your ACS code:

SampleTeleportFunction (32);

here's the wiki page: https://zdoom.org/wiki/Function_Prototypes