Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MsKaye

SIGIL v1.21 - New Romero megawad [released!]

5 hours ago, tobis87 said:

I noticed this bug in pre_v1.2, killing a lost soul leaves this textures permanent:

1381725830_Bildschirmfotozu2019-08-1515-45-46.png.e848ad6066b10d311c3f1a72e097aa83.png

It's caused by the included dehacked patch which also breaks every ending of the other episodes.

I modified it to only add the new par time. Additionally jump and crouch is allowed.

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1gVqLmegSpnBdYdV-RSGa_YQ5ik7LD7lH&export=download

In my opinion the sky5 textures should be replace with more detailed once based on photos as in the other episodes.

Edited by tobis87

On 8/16/2019 at 12:29 AM, Linguica said:

REDWALL1 is a tech texture though so it would be out of place.

I think REDWALL1 works well in many settings, and there is also also ROCKRED# and FIREBLU#

Should we accept the fact that there will be no full release of Sigil v1.2? No sign of life for a really long time.

Obviously, we should not. However, I suspect that Romero's been busy with E3 and Gamescom--showing off Empire of Sin.

I finally got time to do bit of playing and finish around half of it and im gonna ignore all those nearly 100 pages for now and say only "fuck haters" . Is great to see that one of the original developers didn't lost interest in this game even 23 years after and still making maps once in a while. Nice mapset that pretty much ignore today rulles and have nice abstract design with nice touch for secrets. Gameplay felt easier but nicely oldschool. Yeah this wad is not "breaking" but is great to have this. Thanks @Romero

On 8/27/2019 at 8:56 PM, dmslr said:

Should we accept the fact that there will be no full release of Sigil v1.2? No sign of life for a really long time.

No you should not. There will be a 1.2 release.

7 hours ago, Flambeau said:

No you should not. There will be a 1.2 release.

Ah, you're one of the Sigil contributors! Glad to be informed.

Edited by dmslr

On 8/15/2019 at 10:44 AM, NightFright said:

2 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

screenshot_doom_20170719_125003_by_mazoy

50 Shades of Greytail: The Sequel?

We need a FireBlu Doom source port. A fork of Chocolate Doom that Fireblus the fuck out of everything and only has AdLib music. And people should stream Doom speedruns on Twitch with it. The consequences will never be the same.

6 hours ago, Magicana said:

>- added lips to ledges and a decoration in building area to stop zero master

Yeah that thing isn't enough, just makes it harder and requires a rocketjump. Completely sealing the shortcut off would require either some heavy rebuilding or blockers that would look out of place and interfere with gameplay. Trust me, I've tried, heh.

Thanks for the hard work on 1.2 guys, just about every issue I had has been resolved. Just for fun and own curiosity: how susceptible was JR to accepting these changes? Was he like: What is this... don't you know how I am? - I make no mistakes, this is all part of the project of making you my little bitches! Or the super boring way of being calm, composed and supportive of your work? I kinda need to know, lol.

Just a warning, version 1.2's Dehacked break specials, so don't play E1-4 with it loaded.

(I supposed this was to be used only on Compat version or something)

map4:

- changed height of all 3 skull key posts to stop speedrunners from cheating (sorry ZM, you cheater, my hands are tied -dew)

map8:

- moved soulsphere so you can't get it through the wall

- added lips to ledges and a decoration in building area to stop zero master

Haha!

map5:

- created progression-blocking ceiling lifted when you complete the hellcrack building

Oh, seems like my shortcut is now blocked =(

Well, I'm still proud of my UV-Speed TAS of v1.1 and I'm still not interested in doing so for v1.2. Maybe a UV-Max TAS will be made, but not in 2019.

Edited by Dimon12321

A rather extensive update, dayum. This sure demands another let's play, since I was planning on a UV run in the future anyway.

Is there going to be a 1.3 too?

20 hours ago, JCST said:

Just a warning, version 1.2's Dehacked break specials, so don't play E1-4 with it loaded.

(I supposed this was to be used only on Compat version or something)

Correct, that slipped under our radar.
Will be fixed.

Breaking speedrun routes demands longer, but potentially more interesting speedrun routes. And SIGIL levels are not that long.