Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

Good stuff, mutt. About those Nightmare textures you mentioned, where can I find the most recent ones he's made?

Well, you'd have to ask him, I guess? Or look through this thread - he's posted a bunch of stuff!

On 5/17/2019 at 5:09 AM, Rhebiz said:

So ive seen people use this metal texture at a 30°. But not 45... So here!

SUPP916J.png.b9d07bc3c29ba860a3ea6810fec9916c.png

Probably because its a 128x145 image, not a 128x128. Anywho heres some stuff I made with the 45° and 30° metal beams:

SUPP916H.png.0a8f1254116a5548b0dc0e330ec28fce.png

SUPP916K.png.4e69d62af19e3ab992389ed07068f7ec.png

And 128x512 versions below ;)

Hide contents

SUPP916I.png.4d79732544bf1cc66f8d2b191c2a95e5.pngSUPP916L.png.f762d3a47a5339860f7da3ee9ba39340.png

Oh why I've missed these!

On 8/15/2019 at 1:35 PM, an_mutt said:

So I've been downloading images from this thread over the past 2-3 years for use in my wads, and I was keeping them all in a single resource WAD for easy access, and I figured I should share it here in the chance other people would find a use for it:

MISCTEX.WAD

It isn't everything, but I've put a good 500+ images in, along with appropriate credits. I'm under the assumption that anything posted in this thread is fine for general use - if not, please let me know and I'll remove anything you want removed. I've omitted the works of the likes of @Jimmy and @Cage, who already keep compilation WADs of all their textures (as far as I'm aware), and I've also omitted @NiGHTMARE's textures because I assume they also keep a single resource WAD (though I haven't seen one). NiGHTMARE, if you don't keep one then would it be cool for me to include everything you've posted here?

I've also taken a few things from the ZDoom textures thread, so at some point I'll cross-post this over there. I'll continually be updating the resource file every time I include a bunch of stuff in it, so if there's anything that it looks like I've missed then please let me know!

This is so great!

On 8/15/2019 at 12:35 PM, an_mutt said:

So I've been downloading images from this thread over the past 2-3 years for use in my wads, and I was keeping them all in a single resource WAD for easy access, and I figured I should share it here in the chance other people would find a use for it:

MISCTEX.WAD

It isn't everything, but I've put a good 500+ images in, along with appropriate credits. I'm under the assumption that anything posted in this thread is fine for general use - if not, please let me know and I'll remove anything you want removed. I've omitted the works of the likes of @Jimmy and @Cage, who already keep compilation WADs of all their textures (as far as I'm aware), and I've also omitted @NiGHTMARE's textures because I assume they also keep a single resource WAD (though I haven't seen one). NiGHTMARE, if you don't keep one then would it be cool for me to include everything you've posted here?

I've also taken a few things from the ZDoom textures thread, so at some point I'll cross-post this over there. I'll continually be updating the resource file every time I include a bunch of stuff in it, so if there's anything that it looks like I've missed then please let me know!

Awesome! I'm making a similar thing by myself with some textures from here... When possible, I'll download this one too!

It's not much, but I made this to round out the SPCDOOR colour set for Triacontathlon a while back:

ZqqHGhv.png

Really impressed with some of the stuff I'm seeing here and I've tried to gather as much as I can for incidental use in the future. This thread is like a gold mine, if the mine actually threw gold bars out.

On 8/17/2019 at 11:11 AM, Gez said:

@an_mutt I'm credited for GRN06, but I don't see that texture.

Thanks for letting me know - there might be a couple other mistakes in the credits so I'm gonna be going over it again at some point when I provide an update.

Yes, I believe everything I've posted here is in the texture .wad I've been working on. I plan to do an initial release just as soon as I get a chance to go through it and properly credit everyone who's work was included or used as a base.

Eyo folks, I have an update for MISCTEX.wad, now sitting around 800 textures/flats. I still have a bunch of stuff I want to add, but for now I'm really happy with how things are sitting. Biggest thing is the much more robust selection of skies (the ones posted through the last few pages are super cool!), and now there are 47 of them in there.

As always, please let me know if there are any issues w/ the resource file or the credits!

Nice! I've been waiting for a while for something like that. Could be improved but it's good enough for now.

Those look really cool and unique actually. Are those made from scratch by yourself?

1 hour ago, elend said:

Those look really cool and unique actually. Are those made from scratch by yourself?

Yes, I'm making up resources for HTC3 and getting the hang of gimp. It doesn't take too long now to create a new texture from scratch.

So I spent about an hour trying to create some textures that would work well in a city environment, and still look Doom-ish. I managed to come up with three sets that I think look pretty decent, plus another one that would work well in a dark techbase type level.

Cb9RmxR.png

Not bad! The red version though has a "line" that goes down the middle though between panels, stands out a little~

On mercredi 28 août 2019 at 4:51 AM, Shtbag667 said:

Yes, I'm making up resources for HTC3 and getting the hang of gimp. It doesn't take too long now to create a new texture from scratch.

Hey, sorry for off-topic, but have you seen this?

9 hours ago, Gez said:

Hey, sorry for off-topic, but have you seen this?

I didn't, thanks for pointing that out. I would post over there but I forgot my zdoom login password and email.

Just simple colorswaps.   I really like how the black, orange, gold, and maybe green one turned out.   The yellow and purple not so much.

Go ahead and use them however you want.   Flip them upside to be Satanic and make a devilish version of Super Mario Kart's Rainbow Road if you want.

GATEO.png

GATEY.png

GATEG.png

GATEB.png

GATEV.png

GATEBLAK.png

GATEGOLD.png