Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LAGI

Titanic Doom (Official Update Thread)

I already saw some pictures of this project on some Facebook group (Doom Wad Archive, maybe?) and I must say it's a impressive work! Waiting to play this!

meh, dwango4 map09 is still a better boat

...Just kidding of course, this looks absolutely phenomenal! I can't wait to explore it and maybe even have some big deathmatches there!

Very interesting from a builder's perspective. Crazy amount of 3D floors, I guess, which I can't wait to see for myself on my own laptop. Good luck with the further build process, I hope nothing breaks.

Also, you might want to rethink that glass texture.

You're going to need a bigger boat.

Did you take some of the resources from the actual Titanic games?

(Remove this comment please)

Edited by LAGI : Why can't we delete our own comments? -_-

5 minutes ago, Avoozl said:

You're going to need a bigger boat.

Did you take some of the resources from the actual Titanic games?

Nothing at all has come from another game, the textures used are either I have googled and got real life materials, IE: the wood texture which is photo realistic, or I have found a texture I like, IE: the white railing, which was originally brown I think, I asked the original author of the wad it appeared in if I could use it and recolor it :).

15 minutes ago, elend said:

Very interesting from a builder's perspective. Crazy amount of 3D floors, I guess, which I can't wait to see for myself on my own laptop. Good luck with the further build process, I hope nothing breaks.

Also, you might want to rethink that glass texture.

Yeah, that glass texture does look a bit strange on the mirrors, thinking whether to remove the glass effect and just leave the mirrors plane and clean.

It looks amazing. I can see that a good amount of time and effort was invested in making this. I will definitely try it out when its complete. Keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, LAGI said:

Yeah, that glass texture does look a bit strange on the mirrors, thinking whether to remove the glass effect and just leave the mirrors plane and clean.

I agree with Elend. The mirrors would look better without that glass effect.

Short preview of a walk around the current progress, excuse the FPS, PC doesn't like screen capture, and 650 3D floor control sectors doesn't help lol

Just testing some doors, my first time using PolyObjects, got the hang of it pretty quick it seems.

Edited by LAGI

Picture 1: One of the first class staterooms (still WIP) on the boat deck in the same housing as the officers quarters, so its just down the corridor from the captain's quarters as shown in the grid view.  The carpet is an actual carpet pattern used in 1912, the year the titanic set sail on her maiden voyage.  I will be staying with this theme of acquiring textures of materials used in the same year to keep with the authenticity.

13091002842989199360_20190827060255_1.png.344cc3f239068adefc5e209aba09df6a.png

Picture 2: On the left is the captain's sitting room, next to that is his bedroom, and next to that is his bathroom/lavatory.  The room in the middle will become the officers smoking room with tables and chairs.  And on the right are 3 of the 7 1st class staterooms situated on the boat deck.  Between the smoking room and the first stateroom is meant to be a Pantry, I'm yet to work out the sizes of furniture for the smoking room so I can get a scale idea so I can size the room to fit the pantry in.  The sectors and linedefs just above the captain's quarters are control sectors for the swinging doors I have added so far.

layout.png.4511b43e760c74f7be47d62b13fa5b5c.png

Thank you to those showing interest in the project, I am working hard during the time I get (real life commitments) to finish as much as I can, but please, don't ask about a demo release or anything like that, I don't like to release half finished work :).  But if I feel nice, I may release something in the future.

Map Stats (At time of post/reply)

3D Floor Control Sectors: 695

Estimated 3D Floors Rendered In Map: 1500+ (This is a pure guess based on stacking and how many sectors the control sectors are tagged to, which can be 40+ each)

Polyobjects: 5

Vertices: 34997

Linedefs: 45086

Sidedefs: 86867

Sectors: 11492

Regards,

LAGI

Edited by LAGI

Your map makes me remember of that PC game. I would like to see a remake on gzdoom port in the Titanic. :)

Never tried importing my own Main Menu background, so thought I'd do a tester.

13091002842989199360_20190829061214_1.png.8b3a30e8de3ecf7411c1bcfaf7b25350.png

This would be a great setpiece for a "what if edition" of Rainbow Six. And for the pinkies up crowd, it would be an interesting interactive historical game. 

looks good, maybe also change the position of the main menu buttons to the left or right, or you could use a picture of an interior area instead.

17 minutes ago, tempdecal.wad said:

looks good, maybe also change the position of the main menu buttons to the left or right, or you could use a picture of an interior area instead.

It will require to force Titlemap.wad with hard ACS scripting but it would be nice. So, +1

Quick update:

Did alot of work on the Officers Smoking room today, needs some little tweaks mind you.13091002842989199360_20190901001705_1.png.e0567c1e465ff2c930896d3b4ba2d290.png

Started work on the officers pantry, I know some of the textures aren't aligned properly, as I'm testing "products", got to fill the shelves though.

13091002842989199360_20190901024036_1.png.bd7ef79b0e6344f8fb0a959954c094cc.png

Swapped out the interior doors for wooden white ones which coincide with the interior walls, and also for authenticity, the titanic had white interior doors on the cabins aswell as some other rooms throughout the ship.

13091002842989199360_20190831222611_1.png.d8378028a99079a25b8348ed4730bfe4.png

Also, Main Menu background below.

13091002842989199360_20190901001447_1.png.3693af3ae182a608263ddef4dae46ec5.png

Regards,

LAGI.

Edited by LAGI