Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ASON-Z-

Any possible Doomguy actors of your choice?

till schweiger, he's a joke at this point when it comes to his reputation but his role in inglorious basterds gave me a pretty BJ. Blazkowicz impression and doomguy and blazkowicz allways looked very similar to me anyways so.

Men___Male_Celebrity_Til_Schweiger_in_fi

EDIT:

If they're ever going to make a wolfenstein movie I think he's a must for BJs role

Edited by ([zen3001])

Gilbert Gottfried looks like Doomguy. It's really the perfect role for Gilbert. He's doing paid cameos in Youtube videos. The next movie or video game can snatch him up!

Congratulations to Doomguy for being so generic that every guy in Hollywood with hair looks like him!

Plastic surgery. The person just needs the voice of the doom slayer in the ancient gods part 2 and lots of money. The perfect idea.

Edited by DOOOOOOOOOMeR

Despite the movie being mediocre, Karl Urban was actually a pretty decent Doom guy. But Richard Brake was the best performed actor in that movie IMO.
I also think Rudolph has a good pick with Michael Shannon, he's got the look for it for sure.

But it'd probably be a good idea to go with someone less famous for the role.

@Dexiaz What is funny is that the plot of Ringo Lam's "Replicant" involves a character played by Jean-Claude Van Damme going after his evil twin. :P

Back in the nineties I was really hoping there would be a Doom movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Doomguy. In my mind I still see practical FX done by Stan Winston, with set designs similar to Total Recall, Blade Runner and Aliens.

Edited by Piper Maru

Bruce Campbell, since he already has plenty of experience fighting off hordes of demons with a chainsaw and boomstick

On 8/21/2019 at 11:11 PM, Szuran said:

Or slightly younger Josh Brolin.

Josh-Brolin-1024x649.jpg

Well now, this is an old thread subtly revived. I remember reading this a while ago.

I whole heartily agree with one of @Szuran options, this Josh Brolin fellow. The head shape, the jaw line and his eyes would make a great mug shot for classic Doom guy. Just need different hair colour.

And Josh Brolin is the actor which kinda agree to play any interesting character, I don't think he will reject the offer if it comes.

I don't know why everyone keeps posting dashing, tall, well built men. Guess no one took a long, hard look at Doom 2's end screen?Doomguy is a short, stubby, dwarfy looking mongrel.

bombolo.jpg.fd2dec69970e3d416df221285d389f0a.jpg

7 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

I don't know why everyone keeps posting dashing, tall, well built men. Guess no one took a long, hard look at Doom 2's end screen?Doomguy is a short, stubby, dwarfy looking mongrel

image.png.b0dfb22965767d3d8a908e9391605b3d.png

1 minute ago, sandwedge said:

image.png.b0dfb22965767d3d8a908e9391605b3d.png

Needs to happen yesterday.

7 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Tough one. They would need to be built like a brick shithouse with a stern look and a powerful stance. I'll have to go with Steve Buscemi.

how about the heavy?

FUAKoKcWQAE71IR?format=jpg&name=small

There was a 90s issue of PC Gamer where this was discussed and their suggestion was Nicholas Cage, strangely enough. 

12 hours ago, Thelokk said:

I don't know why everyone keeps posting dashing, tall, well built men. Guess no one took a long, hard look at Doom 2's end screen?Doomguy is a short, stubby, dwarfy looking mongrel.

bombolo.jpg.fd2dec69970e3d416df221285d389f0a.jpg

Bombolo <3

I think that Alan Ritchson would be a good fit. He plays Jack Reacher in the series Reacher and has a doomguy face.

Wish I had an AI, HUD face, sprite generator I could drop this into.

image.png.22dcf548206e3885b7bda10c35ee8426.png

On 5/29/2022 at 6:48 AM, DOOOOOOOOOMeR said:

Plastic surgery. The person just needs the voice of the doom slayer in the ancient gods part 2 and lots of money. The perfect idea.

John Brzenk (the GOAT of Arm-Wrestling) without a shadow of a doubt would be my top pick if he went into acting.  In his late 30s - 40's in particular, he absolutely nailed the Doomguy look.

john-brzenk-net-worth-family.jpg.bb9355b4480be7660389a8cdf5cf4a47.jpg

john-and-taras-ivankin.jpg.a3c91e5ffba10c19f55736f570bef48b.jpg

976fa3_technika4b.jpg.ea821cf2f9f2188e2e8f727c33a09640.jpg

John_Doomguy.png.e8f28412b1336fc3f52df5384824b096.png

On 8/20/2019 at 4:10 AM, ReaperAA said:

I think we should hire this guy. He got the looks:

1bb.jpg.aa8a61b8b16b8e2e37e56f70257f0c9f.jpg

(joking ofc)

You re right he look so similar to doomguy.

To go back to the person who said a Doom movie would work best in a CGI format, I totally agree. Most live-action adaptations have fallen pretty flat, and I believe the nature of the games and their feel almost necessitates it. Just look at what can be done if they decided to go this direction when you consider one of D2016's trailers:

40 minutes ago, SiMpLeToNiUm said:

Most live-action adaptations have fallen pretty flat

I think this is more because the people who are making those movies are not involved with the games at all.

I have not seen any actual game/book fan try to make a decent adaptation.

5 hours ago, The Doommer said:

I think this is more because the people who are making those movies are not involved with the games at all.

I have not seen any actual game/book fan try to make a decent adaptation.

Doom doesn't have the best story for a movie adaptation anyways, even if a "fan" tried he would probably do a pretty mediocre movie. The original Doom movie probably is the best thing one could do, the setting similar to Doom 3 is far more suited for an adaptation than any of the other games.

Just now, Metal_Slayer said:

the setting similar to Doom 3

Thing is, with all due respect to Doom 3, I don't ever think Doom was really supposed to be a horror game.

So having the power fantasy setting that even classics kinda had is better

If I were to make a Doom movie, I'd ditch a actor for Doomguy entirely (he could just be a pair of disembodied hands and it wouldn't affect my gameplay experience any), and just have the whole movie take place in Doomguy's perspective, having CGI fully resembling the classic games (or even the modern games like Eternal if you wanna sell IMAX tickets) drive the movie instead. I'd probably make it a VR movie to, maybe making use of a good motion capture actor as well, and you'd bet your sweet, sweet plush rump there'd be at least a demon or two getting up close and personal with the Slayer!