Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

ZMAPINFO is the ZDoom name for MAPINFO, so that's it.

The dollar sign means that the actual music lump name is localized, so you should find MAPMUS_1 and the others in the LANGUAGES lump.

3 minutes ago, Gez said:

ZMAPINFO is the ZDoom name for MAPINFO, so that's it.

The dollar sign means that the actual music lump name is localized, so you should find MAPMUS_1 and the others in the LANGUAGES lump.

Oh, cool! Thanks. So if I just replace the PSX-style names in the LANGUAGES.ENU with the regular ones, that should work, right?

I don't know if anyone has informed fenderc01 about this, but the beta2 and beta3 versions (full and standard) were removed by Mediafire about a year ago, and haven't been put back up. Also, the beta2 standard isn't even there.

On 2/1/2018 at 4:51 PM, DerTodIstEinDandy said:

Ok, so I noticed a few things that don't seem correct.

• On MAP30, you can skip the blue key completely. The switch behind the blue bars is totally pressable through the gap on the side. This doesn't seem to be possible in the actual console version according to any% speedrun route. I made a quick fix for now by adding locknumber to the switch itself, maybe there's a better solution.
  • Health and inventory never reset, so you can go to the Entryway with a BFG and 200 blue armor, which is silly. Also, if you have a chainsaw selected before you go to an episode end briefing, the chainsaw sound will play during the whole thing. Here's a fix that forces a pistol start during every episode transition.
  • Also, there was a small fix for MAP65 posted earlier, and it's not mentioned anywhere else:

Actually, you can skip picking up the blue key in the actual PSX version of Doom. You can use any of these passwords and try it out yourself:

Pistol start:
QTFCFFCFFF

Full health, armor and weapons:
00HDP39X35

It's not a bug in this TC specifically, but a bug in the original map too.

Also, the PSX version of the game kicks you back at the main menu after you complete Threshold of Pain, where you can start Doom II from scratch if you want, but it does so after giving you the password for Entryway with your current equipment, so it's not "silly" that the TC does that, since it's what the original does too. However, it is a bug that the Chainsaw keeps sounding through cutscenes.

In any case, your fix for the Chainsaw bug is pretty useful for people who prefer the "reset inventory" approach. For people who want to keep their inventory, I made an alternate fix that silences the Chainsaw during the text screens, but allows you to keep your inventory as you can in the PSX version:

PSX Doom TC text screen fix.7z

And for anyone interested, I bug fixed the "key required" blink addon, since people were saying they couldn't get it to work with the latest version of GZDoom. It also now works as intended, even in multiplayer:

PSXDOORS v2.7z

The procedure should be the same as before, using the launcher, and adding my fixes in this box in the options:

81889541_PSXFixes.png.ac62cd950bc09b9c8c4bebfa8c3bac57.png

Uh, so I really want to play this because I love Doom 64 and the original psx Doom was made by the same people or something so I want to check it out.

But holy shit I have no clue what's going on here, so many files that autoload other files and fixes and patches and versions and I just got lost in it.

I downloaded it and played a bit, but I was constantly annoyed by the thought that I could be playing a bugged older version that doesn't have everything or whatever.

Can someone please explain to me how to setup this with every available level (Final doom, NRFTL, Lost Levels, Master Levels and everything)?

I would appreciate it so much! Oh, and I don't really care about faithful experience, choppy weapon animations and different monster behavior. I'm more interested in the levels themselves, the lighting, the ambience.

If there was a way I could play only the maps, without changing anything else it would be perfect!

Thanks in advance! This looks great! :D

So... Are those old beta versions ever going to be put back up, or are they just lost to time? I really want to make an archive of them, and maybe play them a little

Here's a small update for those who want to have Face in Fullscreen HUD

I think I understood the idea of the original psxdoom tc' fullscreen hud (break psxdoom stbar in half), and added correct offsets so that the distance between the face and ARMOR is same as in regular stbar.

fsface.png

I also took automap colors from the emulator (and let myself set some gzdoom-specific values accordingly)

Spoiler

mapcolors.png

am_ovportalcolor=8c 5a 31
am_ovthingcolor_citem=00 84 ff
am_ovthingcolor_item=00 84 ff
am_ovthingcolor_ncmonster=00 84 ff
am_ovthingcolor_monster=00 84 ff
am_ovthingcolor_friend=00 c6 00
am_ovthingcolor=84 84 84
am_ovunexploredsecretcolor=84 84 84
am_ovsecretsectorcolor=84 84 84
am_ovinterlevelcolor=ce ce 00
am_ovtelecolor=ce ce 00
am_ovunseencolor=84 84 84
am_ovcdwallcolor=8c 5a 31
am_ovfdwallcolor=8c 5a 31
am_ovefwallcolor=8c 5a 31
am_ovlockedcolor=ce ce 00
am_ovotherwallscolor=84 84 84
am_ovspecialwallcolor=cd cd 00
am_ovsecretwallcolor=84 84 84
am_ovwallcolor=a5 00 00
am_ovyourcolor=00 c6 00
am_portalcolor=8c 5a 31
am_thingcolor_citem=00 84 ff
am_thingcolor_item=00 84 ff
am_thingcolor_ncmonster=00 84 ff
am_thingcolor_monster=00 84 ff
am_thingcolor_friend=00 c6 00
am_unexploredsecretcolor=84 84 84
am_secretsectorcolor=84 84 84
am_interlevelcolor=ce ce 00
am_intralevelcolor=ce ce 00
am_lockedcolor=ce ce 00
am_notseencolor=6c 6c 6c
am_xhaircolor=84 84 84
am_gridcolor=84 84 84
am_thingcolor=00 84 ff
am_efwallcolor=8c 5a 31
am_cdwallcolor=8c 5a 31
am_fdwallcolor=8c 5a 31
am_tswallcolor=84 84 84
am_specialwallcolor=ce ce 00
am_secretwallcolor=84 84 84
am_wallcolor=a5 00 00
am_yourcolor=00 c6 00
am_backcolor=00 00 00
am_emptyspacemargin=0
am_showthingsprites=0
am_showtriggerlines=1
am_showkeys=false
am_drawmapback=1
am_map_secrets=0 //not sure -- check in the original game plz
am_customcolors=false
am_colorset=0

sorry if it's already been done -- I checked latest available release anyway.

sbarinfo.zip

Edited by lafoxxx : Major corrections :)

Guys, I have a problem playing v2.135 using latest GZdoom with SND_EFX=ON.

When I load map61: Attack, enable Noclip and run through the map (so that Reverb Environments change very fast), the process freezes in a deadlock. Details here: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63807

Question -- Why is this happening? Is the mod not compatible with latest GZdoom, or it's my hardware (using 2018 pc with old soundboard -- X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro)?

Thanks.

Hello all,

I love Doom and have been playing since the shareware version came out in 93.  I really like the look of PSX doom, but I was wondering if it were possible to play PSX doom with the original MIDI music?  I am new to the Doom mod environment, and have mainly played vanilla Doom 1, 2, TNT, and Plutonia.  The only custom Doom I have tried is HR wad with the HR music (great music).  Hope someone can help, and I apologize if this has been answered in 1 of the 40 pages.  

P.S.

Someone mentioned a customizer for the PSX TC, I was unable to locate that.

Just now, Invictus said:

Hello all,

I love Doom and have been playing since the shareware version came out in 93.  I really like the look of PSX doom, but I was wondering if it were possible to play PSX doom with the original MIDI music?  I am new to the Doom mod environment, and have mainly played vanilla Doom 1, 2, TNT, and Plutonia.  The only custom Doom I have tried is HR wad with the HR music (great music).  Hope someone can help, and I apologize if this has been answered in 1 of the 40 pages.  

P.S.

Someone mentioned a customizer for the PSX TC, I was unable to locate that.

Unfortunately for you, changing the music for this mod is not just a thing of replacing some files, the mod changed the music by redefining the file each map loads on code, and using different file names than the originals. The only way to get MIDIs on this is to make a mod that changes the music yet again and load that on top of the PSX Doom TC. It's definitely possible, but I don't think anyone has made that modification to this mod and I don't think it's something a beginner, as you say you are, should embark into, unless you know how to add the MIDIs to a WAD file, create the text file that redefines the music for each map and so and so forth.

The customizer should be included in your download of the TC. It's the tool you use to choose which elements you want to load in your game.

I feel like this thread needs a fresh start someday, with all the various files all centralised in one post. So many addons have appeared for it by now, hard to keep track of them.

That and, needs to have a lot of the quirks explained with mods too, like the new music setup (So I can use my 20th anniversary purchase ingame, like I used to!)

Has anyone managed to get this working on their android device, using android GZDOOM?  It's something I want to try, but looking for success stories beforehand.

On 3/9/2018 at 4:19 AM, guitardz said:

It still is.  Just extract PSXDOOM.pk3 from the zip.

Should look like this on Android:

20180308_222045.png

Did you ever get this working?  I have done this today and my android GZDoom goes to load it then, then goes back to the file select screen.

Can someone help with an issue I am having trying to get PSX DooM to work?

I use Delta Touch for playing DooM. I can use most wads/mods and have been able to experience a lot of what the DooM community has worked hard to provide over the years (thank you!!)

I love PSX DooM and was my intro to what I've had a great video game love for the last 20+ years. Earlier this year I found this page and another on doomworld that have PSX TCs but I can't get them to work properly, if at all. 

Delta Touch has recently updated to the latest GZDoom engine. I am sure I am not doing something right when downloading these to get them to work as I am still learning how to do a lot of what most everyone has been accustomed to all these years. 

I found one (probably a beta of this TC in the thread) or the other that does run but is only Ultimate/II compatible (my Drive Link below)

Can someone help me figure out how to get a TC to work? This linked beta simply let's me run the .pk3 file with either Ultimate/II without needing to run a command for .exe or anything.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ynToeD_mp6UKyTcH21LfAniaGPdQ6LT/view?usp=drivesdk

Hello, i have been wanting to play this for a long time (and i am out of a Playstation sadly and i even think i asked about this here several times) but what files do i have to download to play the PSX Doom in ZDoom? I ask because it seems to be several that i have to get, but i am a little confused as to which ones.

Hello! I downloaded the main .zip files in that Mediafire link in the original post, however I can't seem to get music to work! It keeps saying the tracks are missing. I downloaded the .zip with the PSX music, used the "Playstation Doom Total Convertion 'Original Soundtrack Tool'" it has in it... but it don't work! I placed the file in the same directory, and in the 'mods' folder, but none seem to please the game. What should I do? I don't want to use Portadoom since, for some reason, Steam corrupts the folder when trying to execute Portadoom, deleted the .exe and I have to do everything again.

58 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

Hello! I downloaded the main .zip files in that Mediafire link in the original post, however I can't seem to get music to work! It keeps saying the tracks are missing. I downloaded the .zip with the PSX music, used the "Playstation Doom Total Convertion 'Original Soundtrack Tool'" it has in it... but it don't work! I placed the file in the same directory, and in the 'mods' folder, but none seem to please the game. What should I do? I don't want to use Portadoom since, for some reason, Steam corrupts the folder when trying to execute Portadoom, deleted the .exe and I have to do everything again.

That tool is used only if you have the official album. For the downloadable music here, I just put the PSXTCMUS.PK3 file in the same folder I have gzdoom.exe. It should work right out of the box if you run it with PSXDOOMTC.exe, otherwise you can try adding PSXTCMUS.PK3 to the customizer in the MODS folder and see if that works.

Hey I've been having a problem with PSXTC. I'm at refinery and grabbed the BFG 9000 from the small lil secret acid room and for some reason I can't equip the BFG after unequipping it,. I had this problem earlier with the shotgun but solved it  by downloading the 2 fixes posted in 2017. Anyone know how I can deal with this problem?

Can anyone help me with this?

I have the latest GZDoom and the latest version of PSX Doom via the PortaDoom link posted above. 

None of the settings seem to change how dark everything is. The attached screenshots are from the first maps of Doom and Doom II. 

This is Linux Mint 19.2. I run all the vanilla .wads for Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Master Levels, NRFTL, and Final Doom without any problems on the exact same setup.

Screenshot from 2019-09-03 16-41-23.png

Screenshot from 2019-09-03 16-42-32.png

1 hour ago, SteelPH said:

Try changing the sector light mode in the OpenGL options.

I have tried every setting in the entire menu that has anything to do with light or shadows, none have any effect.

There doesn't seem to be any OpenGL options in the menus, though. 

3 minutes ago, famicommander said:

I have tried every setting in the entire menu that has anything to do with light or shadows, none have any effect.

There doesn't seem to be any OpenGL options in the menus, though. 

Oh, are you running it in the software or hardware renderer?

1 minute ago, SteelPH said:

Oh, are you running it in the software or hardware renderer?

I have tried every setting. Doom Software renderer, truecolor renderer, hardware accelerated, etc. 

No matter what, I can only see a short distance in front of me unless there is a major light source in the room, as the screen shots above show.

I am assuming the .bat file that comes with the .pk3 files makes some kind of modifications that fix this, but since I can't run the .bat on Linux file I just started the .pk3 files in GZDoom.